Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the sound is all from the memory card and they don't have the siren sound built in or preloaded on the memory card?

Thanks for posting. The unintended sound that accompanies the actual lights and sound is flat out awful. It sounds kinda like an electric train going around the track but more annoying. Now normally I don't get too excited about lights and sound but this Ecto is a little different. This thing seemed way overpriced from the start, and now a couple of the key features that presumably pushed up the price are basically unusable. As much as I want this thing to display, I am once again rethinking.

i also noticed the rear lightbar lights dont rotate and the blue roof spot lights dont flicker like they did in the SDCC2018 Ecto 1 youtube video unless there is buttons to make them do that ?

i also noticed the rear lightbar lights dont rotate and the blue roof spot lights dont flicker like they did in the SDCC2018 Ecto 1 youtube video unless there is buttons to make them do that ?

Maybe something is not connected or broken on the rear lightbar and that is why it so loud? Need a couple of reviews to see if it's normal.

Maybe something is not connected or broken on the rear lightbar and that is why it so loud? Need a couple of reviews to see if it's normal.

i hope its just something simple like not connected good i also had issues with my Eaglemoss DB5 that came out a couple of years ago the wires are so skinny it doesnt take much to brake and i had to resolder them.

Someone else posted a video showing the rather elaborate process of activating the lights. Good news is it looks like you can have all the lights flashing without the loud spinning lamps on top. Not sure why they had to make it all so complicated though.

https://streamable.com/ccepd

I don't think thats the Blitzway Ecto, looks too small compared to his hands.

another question is where does the SD card go? is there a hiding spot for it or does it have to sit next to the car like that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byiGKBzIu-8

the lights are supposed to flash like this, with the top front and back circular lights flashing on and off. why are the headlights flashing? and the back lights not working is quite alarming.

Rear light bar is rotating in the first video, maybe something stopped working in the second video?

I just knew there would be electronic issues with this car the moment it went up for preorder. In chans vid the top rooflights aren't flashing on and off like in the demo videos of it at comic con, they are just stuck on all the time. The rotators on the second lightbar at the back of the car also appear to be jammed and not working at all in the second video.

Also the rotators are working in tandem at the same time and far too fast in chans video but should be working independently(not at the same time) and slowly to give the correct rotation effect as in the movie. The car they had on display in the below video at comic con 2018 had the rotation effect perfectly so not sure why they changed it.

Last edited:
The headlights flashing on and off is annoying too. Why would they do that? It?s pretty insulting from Blitzway.

It's cool to have the option to turn on the lights and there's a reasonable argument that if we're going to pay for that feature, it should be done right. However, I won't display it that way, so I'm not going to get bent out of shape if the lighting is off. Having something on a shelf with flashing lights would be annoying.

I would have been fine if it didn't light-up and the price was that much less without the electronics.

I have to wonder if all the delays were due to problems with electronics? All we can do now is wait to see when more folks get this in hand. What a return nightmare if electronics issues are widespread!

That kind of looks like an arduino board, might be possible to reprogram it to keep headlights on , and make the roof round lights blink and the roof bars slow down

I just knew there would be electronic issues with this car the moment it went up for preorder. In chans vid the top rooflights aren't flashing on and off like in the demo videos of it at comic con, they are just stuck on all the time. The rotators on the second lightbar at the back of the car also appear to be jammed and not working at all in the second video.

Also the rotators are working in tandem at the same time and far too fast in chans video but should be working independently(not at the same time) and slowly to give the correct rotation effect as in the movie. The car they had on display in the below video at comic con 2018 had the rotation effect perfectly so not sure why they changed it.

Yeah the lights in Chan's videos are spinning crazy fast compared to that. And I thought the flashing headlights were a bit odd, but no one mentioned it before so I just assumed it was accurate to the movie.

I knew there was a good chance there would be some light and electronics issues with this thing, but wasn't expecting them to show up in the very first in-hand images. Sigh.

If it is an arduino board happy days coz even a novice could fix the above issues when someone posts the code for it so heres hoping.

Im assuming the arduino would also control the speed of the rotator motors so you could adjust the frequency and slow and speed up each motor to match the correct speed and rotator action seen in the movie also.

You could also set the lights to blink on and off on the roof and turn off those blinking headlights to permanently on as seen in the movie

Last edited:
I figured it out on the top spinning Mars Lights... I think you can change the rotation by just adjusting two of the rotating lights half a turn from the other...

That would cause the rotating lights to have that separation look...

Simple fix...The attached Cogs need adjustments...

Daaaa da daaaa...

The flashing (wigwag) headlights was a mistaken interpretation of the one scene where the one headlight goes off when the car goes around a corner in the movie (likely a faulty wire on the car). I did the same thing on my 1:18 hot wheels elite electronics thinking it was similar to modern emergency vehicles that have that type of headlight flashing. I found out afterward that it wasn?t really a flashing pattern. Others have done the same thing also so I assume Blitzway copies everyone else on that. Same way they put lights into the taillight reflectors (around the reverse lamps) on the prototype

Back