Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shipping is making me nervous

I really hope the shipping estimate on Timewalker Toys is at least somewhat accurate in that it doesn't turn out to be a lot more than the $160-$200 that has been in place since I placed my order. Also, I can't imagine how this could possibly weigh 80lbs, even given the size. It is mostly plastic, right? It would have to be shipped on a pallet of some sort I would think for it to actually weigh that much.

I really hope the shipping estimate on Timewalker Toys is at least somewhat accurate in that it doesn't turn out to be a lot more than the $160-$200 that has been in place since I placed my order. Also, I can't imagine how this could possibly weigh 80lbs, even given the size. It is mostly plastic, right? It would have to be shipped on a pallet of some sort I would think for it to actually weigh that much.

That does sound too high for the actual weight, I wonder if that is the dimensional weight. Huge polystone statues typically don't weight that much.

Yeah unless they suddenly changed this to a diecast vehicle (if only), I don't see how it could possibly weigh that much.

Although that probably explains where the supposed $80 shipping came from. Sideshow likely got the numbers mixed up.

Looks like Timewalker is going to start billing Nov 1st for this

I ordered from Sideshow , they have yet to send me any update on this as far as expected arrival date or billing date or anything

I asked the woman from Sideshow several times about the shipping cost based on the dimensional weight. On Sideshow’s Ecto page it has that weight at 161 lbs. She said to expect around that $80 bucks.

On the Blitzway page, it has the Ecto weight being 38kg including package which is about 83 pounds so someone is off.

So I guess the rumors of a re-issue on the four Ghostbusters with the Ecto-1 release was
just a load of crap?

I for one would have liked to see a 4-pack bundle with the Ecto-1.
All one big package, and would have given the option to get a set if you missed out...
but you would have had to buy Ecto-1 to get them this go-around.

Still have not gotten my final invoice yet from TW. He said it?s all ready, but I?m guessing not because of figuring out shipping cost?

So I guess the rumors of a re-issue on the four Ghostbusters with the Ecto-1 release was
just a load of crap?

All one big package, and would have given the option to get a set if you missed out...

That would've been up for preorder a while ago. I doubt they're going to go back and make more Ecto-1's at a later point.

Look on ebay. You can still get the 4 pack set. Price is jacked up, but maybe you should have got them when they came out.. I don.t really want them to re-release them and lower the value of my figures. And the same for Ecto 1.

just a load of crap?

If they did that we would not be getting this for another year

just a load of crap?
I?m not sure how the rumours started for that, but I had asked Blitzway on Facebook if they would do more of the figures or if they had any that they held back to release around the time of the Ecto and they said they don?t do a second run of figures and that they don?t have any stock remaining. So sadly anyone that missed out on them originally is stuck with either crazy eBay prices or nothing...

Hmm, I've always wanted to try using one of those, but at least based on that video I'm not convinced it'll really dry as flat and smooth as I'd like. Maybe well enough for an old Transformer toy, but not a 1/6 car...

I?ve ordered one of the pens to test out and see how it does with a straight line and if its ok with masking tape.

Back