Black Panther Wakanda Forever - November 11, 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody else think that namors kingdom was ugly as all sin? Bunch of people crowded in in the throne room. I was surprised by how ugly and bland it looked. Must be the only time dc did better than marvel. Not even that giant sun thing looked good
I was impressed that much of it looked like it was actors underwater as opposed to whatever Aquaman was. But yeah.. not that good looking

I like Namor cause he was boarder line sporting a dad bod. Finally a hero I can relate to :lol
It's about time they started giving us true comic accuracy, lol.

7261890-3533217326-latest

Saw it last night. Way too long. I could forgive the length if the action scenes were better but they were unimaginative. We’ll accept for the attack on Wakanda that was a highlight for sure. Final battle on a big boat was a let down after that.

Namor was cool and I like the direction they took BP sister with the revenge and anger.

But ultimately it was kind of boring. There were moments I think I would have liked more if I was not bored by other moments.

Better than most of phase 4. Overall Marvel just sucks :lol
The MCU peaked for Jaws when Hulk did his Dr. Manhattan impression in Thor: Ragnarok. It's been downhill for him ever since. :lol

Hulk Ragnarok.jpg

desmaio-desmaiando.gif

Anybody else think that namors kingdom was ugly as all sin? Bunch of people crowded in in the throne room. I was surprised by how ugly and bland it looked. Must be the only time dc did better than marvel. Not even that giant sun thing looked good
Talocan was too empty/basic and ultimately small scale, but had inklings of good design (again, if I see it as its own thing). Not that anything about it beyond the barebones backstory was actually explained. DC's "Atlantis" was pure kitsch. Overtly plastic and fake CGI with designs straight out of some browser MMORPG. It's one of the reasons why I'm walking back on my "get a Stealth Aquamomoa as a stand-in for Namor" plan. The musclesuit and huge beard pluts the random bits of armour just aren't Namor-like, much as I try to fool myself. Moreover, I've always found the film tiresome to sit through (but also like that it's basically an adventire flick with a cape dressing), so I have no fondness for it either. For my money, when you're making "hidden civilizations" you shouldn't go full-on "bright lights everywhere" with the inevitable technological advantage. Keep it subtle and weave it into the cultural aesthetic you're using as your source. The whole charm is the blending of the ancient and the futuristic. DC's Atlantis was just LIGHTSLIGHTSLIGHTS everywhere, with everyone riding on huge shiny stingrays and whatever else. It's in the comics, but I've always found it ridiculous. It's funny how I've always loved Namor and used to come up with stories, designs and so on, but I've never managed to get into Aquaman. So when the movie with AquaBro stuck in the Power Rangers universe hit, I was utterly cold towards it.

And to think that back in the day I figured that since DC fumbled the ball so hard on the aesthetics, Marvel would turn to ancient magic/tech mix for their Atlantis. Oh, what a fool I was... I didn't get Namor, the Avenging Son, the Prince of Atlantis; I got the 40(0) Year Old (Flabby) Virgin... In another universe we got a proper Namor movie with Luke Evans. Or Keanu as Old King Namor. Maybe Momoa as Underwater Khal Drogo. Or even a Zachary Quinto 2000s Sub-Mariner in the '05 FF-verse. Sadly, I'm stuck in this timeline...

3nJ1ygE.jpeg

Last edited:
Since no one is posting spoiler tags anymore…

I thought they were trying to cram too much into the last Act with Riri and the Midnight Angels. Could have removed all of that and it wouldn’t have effected the story at all.

But what ultimately killed it for me, Shuri (Letitia Wright) just doesn’t have the command presence in her to make me believe she can be a true “Black Panther”. Of all the strong females in the film, she is clearly the weakest of them all. Not enough charisma to carry the weight of the titular hero the entire franchise is based on.

Since no one is posting spoiler tags anymore…

I thought they were trying to cram too much into the last Act with Riri and the Midnight Angels. Could have removed all of that and it wouldn’t have effected the story at all.

But what ultimately killed it for me, Shuri (Letitia Wright) just doesn’t have the command presence in her to make me believe she can be a true “Black Panther”. Of all the strong females in the film, she is clearly the weakest of them all. Not enough charisma to carry the weight of the titular hero the entire franchise is based on.
Referring to women as females is very telling.

17569E21-B9C9-44DE-B56F-A8237C84B8CB.jpeg

Back