Black Panther Wakanda Forever - November 11, 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do love the 2 trailer songs quite alot:

The whole thing is epic, it’s the first film but more, you get these retro eighties vibes and a bit of Daft Punk and yes the songs are surprisingly great. The whole thing should not work but Ludwig is just a master at taking all these things and just … man. The percussion is extraordinary.

The whole thing is epic, it’s the first film but more, you get these retro eighties vibes and a bit of Daft Punk and yes the songs are surprisingly great. The whole thing should not work but Ludwig is just a master at taking all these things and just … man. The percussion is extraordinary.
Yup that Daft stuff was also good.

I thought it was just ok. It didn’t wow me and I didn’t think it was moving but again I had a bad taste for this film anyway. Thought it was trying to hard to gouge tears from you at times. Namor was cool I guess. Taken out kinda silly tho.

I saw this over the weekend and thought it was really good. They gave T'Challa's passing the space and focus that it deserved, and the transition of Shuri into her new role was well done, portraying her as a complex, human character. But my favorite character in the film was Namor, who is completely different than how he used to be in the comics (I haven't read anything with him in it in probably 20 years), but was well acted and compelling.

The CG was a bit overdone here and there, but that's par for the course with Marvel movies.

I had some minor quibbles with the plot, such as Martin Freeman (and to a lesser extent, Riri) getting the short shrift and feeling a bit unnecessary as distinct characters, Namor killing [redacted] in a way that seemed really counterproductive, and the decision by the Wakandans to battle the Atlanteans in [redacted]. Also, France risking war the way they did was completely insane and unrealistic. . .but the emotional resonance of the film overshadowed those things. I hope Namor gets a focus in future movies. That actor was very good, and they established a tremendous character here, though of course, he needs his swanky '70s get-up next time.

Sub-Mariner67.jpg

Also, France risking war the way they did was completely insane and unrealistic
France was an odd choice for me too.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Shuri looks super intimidating and powerful there I mean just look at that raw strength look at that panther like ability ready to pounce and kick ass!

I know my grandmother would not want to mess with her….unless it’s windy outside then my grandmother might stand a chance.

6A8F12EA-ED05-4959-9563-D4EFC6D3E39D.jpeg

Last edited:
I liked the first 2 Acts of the film, 3rd Act I felt they tried to do too much and it came apart for me.

I have more to say about the movie but I can’t get the spoiler tag to work for some reason so, I had to delete it.

I watched a camrip. I'm here to complain about Manletmor. Nothing else grabbed me.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Me, I'm buying a stealth AquaMomoa from Aquaman 2 next year and using him as a stand-in for my Namor. I was debating to wait in case Manletmor appears again with one of the comic costumes, but it's looking unlikely and even then I'd have to try and find an extra HS to fit Namor (so basically Keanu is my only option) then try to swap parts around, so it'd generally be too much of a hassle. Stealth AquaMomoa looks just fine, and I'll put him in the back of my Illuminati display so that his boots and lack of ankle wings won't be visible. Hell, he literally looks more like Namor, albeit an amalgamation of different looks, than Manletmor does. He's got the 90s/modern hair & beard combo on top of a blue/black/silver scale-like outfit, similar to what Namor's been wearing for the last 2 decades or so.

aquaman_2_costume_blue_stealth_suit_crop_1630919912888.jpg

tumblr_inline_p3qh6q9LNa1ugaw5b_540.jpg
D4wpTnbX4AEomZN

tumblr_inline_ppaxfkiAjZ1ugaw5b_1280.png
ddxn7no-8a16c6e9-ce8e-4a72-8879-cb72430c874d.png

It's good enough for me. Momoa's always had the Namor look, especially due to the eyebrows. If Snyder hadn't grabbed him, he'd have been a sure contender for the role due to Drogo. We'd have gotten a much more warrior-like Namor I imagine. So in a way it works, considering they changed Aquaman into more of a Namor type anyhow. The Stealth look being similar to Namor's usual looks is just a happy cosmic coincidence for me. Maybe I'll add some random vambrances/gauntlets or something, or an armoured piece on the shoulders if I find anything on the aftermarket, to create an amalgamation of all of his looks. We'll see. Aquaman 2's coming out next December, so I'll have to wait a full year before such a figure might go up for PO. And then I'll have to choose between HT and IA, but I'll be sticking with sculpted hair regardless, because a rooted AquaMomoa will look off next to the rest of my Illuminati with their sculpted hair.
Epic post is epic.
I had a feeling this movie would be a bit of a mess, but damn...

Epic post is epic.
I will say that the Talocan stuff were the highlight of the flick for me. Everything else was whatever. Divorced from the lore, as an OC who's "inspired" by Namor, MCU Ku'Kul'Kan's a pretty entertaining character. I liked the scene where Shuri's sad and emotional and is trying to barter for RiRis life, but Ku'Kul'Kan's unphased and basically tells her over and over again that, yes, if he doesn't get what he wants, he'll kill Wakanda to the last babe. It's just business for him, no hard feelings. Were he an OC and not a constant reminder of what I'm missing, I'd have been into him more.

PS: I'm still going back and forth on my "get an AquaMomoa as a Namor stand-in" plan. I might scrap the whole Illuminati idea. Getting a "stand-in" kind of irks me. It's just not the same. Namor’s been clean-shaven and showing his abs for 60 years. A huge beard and a musclesuit is just too different from the core. It breaks the “underwater elf/nymph” aesthetic. If I set out to assemble the Illuminati, I'll need doubles of Xavier, Reed, Tony and Strange, as I'd also need one of those for their main areas (X-Shelf, FF/Cosmic Shelf, Iron Shelf, Magic Shelf). And buying two bald guys in a wheelchair at, best case, 400€, is a bit too much... Maybe I'll create my own Illuminati roster and pick and choose the members, if I end up with any extra Reeds and whatnot. Dunno, maybe the MCU will have its own Illuminati team, maybe we'll get Krakoa Xavier with his fancy helmet; who knows. I'll wait and see. Maybe I'll be able to kitbash a Keanu Namor. I wish I could commission one the way I want him, but I don't have 2K+ to spare now. Maybe one day, when I'm done with this hobby.

Last edited:
Epic post is epic.
Epic post IS epic. And I've heard and seen enough (saving $30+ helps pay for the 2012 Cap HT, from the MCU's Golden Age:nana:).

And just sayin' calling ANYONE the "something-something without love" is never gonna be inspirational. Not when the first random association you make is "you mean like a cheesy boy band vid?" and the Dad bod and little cherub feet don't help.

Epic post IS epic. And I've heard and seen enough (saving $30+ helps pay for the 2012 Cap HT, from the MCU's Golden Age:nana:).

And just sayin' calling ANYONE the "something-something without love" is never gonna be inspirational. Not when the first random association you make is "you mean like a cheesy boy band vid?" and the Dad bod and little cherub feet don't help.

There is a line MCUmor says, about how only the most broken people can be great leaders. That there is a subtle nod to his source of power. My boy has been a virgin for 400 years. He unlocked the secrets of NoFap and ascended to godhood. Truly an inspiration to virgins everywhere.

PRAISE KU'KUL'KAN THE UNLOVED, THE PATRON SAINT OF VIRGINITY!

Anybody else think that namors kingdom was ugly as all sin? Bunch of people crowded in in the throne room. I was surprised by how ugly and bland it looked. Must be the only time dc did better than marvel. Not even that giant sun thing looked good

Saw it last night. Way too long. I could forgive the length if the action scenes were better but they were unimaginative. We’ll accept for the attack on Wakanda that was a highlight for sure. Final battle on a big boat was a let down after that.

Namor was cool and I like the direction they took BP sister with the revenge and anger.

But ultimately it was kind of boring. There were moments I think I would have liked more if I was not bored by other moments.

Better than most of phase 4. Overall Marvel just sucks :lol

Back