Black Panther Wakanda Forever - November 11, 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Avatar re-release was the first movie my kids and I saw at the theater after Top Gun Maverick which opened with Tom Cruise speaking to the audience telling everyone how excited he was to show the movie since none of the aerial shots were CGI. So my kids asked if for Avatar James Cameron was going to appear on screen to say how excited he was to show a movie that was nothing but CGI, lol.

I’m just not a fan of the first especially with that 3rd act silliness with the Rhino and cgi crap fest.

Namor > Killmonger/Klaw
Yes, the 3rd act of BP was a bit of a letdown but up to that point I thought Killmonger was a great villain. I would have preferred it if they (a) had him return to Wakanda with Klaw's corpse under the guise of wanting to return to his ancestral home and (b) had him embed with W'Kabi's tribe and win them over before challenging T'Challa for the throne. I just think it would have been more believable that they'd support him when he became king (and started giving orders that flew in the face of years of tradition) if he first spread his anti-isolationist views and sowed the seeds of discontent.

While I liked Namor, I'm not sure I agree that Namor > Killmonger - maybe if MBJ had introduced Tenoch Huerta to his personal trainer about 9 months before filming started lol...

Is this a first for Hollywood where an actor dying is addressed as his character dying on screen in a movie where the lead character died in real life?

Paul Walker shared lead character status in the Fast And Furious films. At some point, the story will have to address his death in real life. Since he can't film any more scenes, he will have to be written out by dialogue only.

In the F&F universe, technically Walker's character is still alive.

By keeping the character alive, the series has to pay rights to use Walker's likeness ( i.e. photographs) and this might be a backdoor way for Vin Diesel to keep pumping money into Walker's estate for Walker's daughter and his entire family.

The Walker example might be the closest approximation because it's related to a huge money making franchise. You really can't recast Walker's character. It's too much risk against the kind of money that F&F films generate. Same with the MCU. Black Panther 1 made a ton of money. So risking a recast on a likely unknown is too big of a gamble for Feige.

There wasn’t a dry eye in the theater.

What’s crazy is that BP1 right after the opening Marvel logo (all of Boseman) starts with T’Chala watching the news reporting the death of T’Chaka!

Yikes.

Spoiler Spoiler:
Yup, indeed it was.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I think of the Phase 4 films, this was probably the best (not that it is a high bar given the state of Phase 4 so far).

The movie does carry a lot of weight and it isn't as lighthearted as a normal Marvel movie.
Yep. It was well written and directed. The cultural aspects were also well handled.

I asked my girlfriend what she thought of Namor, and she said that he was cool, but that he looked a bit flabby. :LOL:

I hope the actor gets on steroids because I really liked the character.

Angela Baset is one strong looking lady. That woman should have been the female Black Panther, not that Michael Jackson looking Shuri.

Another negative, too many Iron Man suits.

I thought the movie was solid enough, and did a good job honoring Bozeman, but nothing about it really wowed me much. Namor made for a decent threat, but I didn't find him all that compelling beyond that, and the buildup and reveal of the new Black Panther wasn't nearly as thrilling as I would have expected. And strangely even Wakanda itself seemed to be missing much of the magic and wonder it had in the first movie.

Although ultimately this is probably the best we could ever hope for from a superhero movie without it's main superhero in it.

Last edited:
I asked my girlfriend what she thought of Namor, and she said that he was cool, but that he looked a bit flabby. :LOL:

I hope the actor gets on steroids because I really liked the character.

Angela Baset is one strong looking lady. That woman should have been the female Black Panther, not that Michael Jackson looking Shuri.

Another negative, too many Iron Man suits.
I thought one too many in the 3rd act (Or was it the 4th or 5th? It was a long movie lol.), that being
Spoiler Spoiler:

Are you certain those cultural aspects were well handled just asking for a friend lol
Ha, well I mean from the standpoint of how their societies developed from a tribal-communal sense. They were actually alike from a lot of standpoints.

The Mayan aspect to Namor was an interesting depiction but obviously not accurate at all to the comics.

So Namor is a god of the ocean, yet never attempted to take the final battle into the water?

The clash between these two mighty nations pretty much too k place on a ship with 80 or so combatants….. with spears.

HUGE lol at head warrior woman needing a super suit to beat up head fish warrior guy.

Angela Basset was trying way to hard in this.

I liked the opening with the soldiers walking to their death to the mermaid song.

Bridge fight was pretty kewl.

Flick was better than the first but drug out way to long.

I’m just glad we won’t be seeing any more of the awful trailers for this.

Back