Black Cat Comiquette shipping in next 20 days!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I sold my Black Cat to a local collector and friend of mine. I wanted her, but hey, I also want the Stealth, Thing PF, and Blade dio more. All about selection of the fittest, or in this case, of the badass.

Eli26... I feel your pain, but it wil pass because there will be sooooo many other "better" things to buy in the future.

Eli26... I feel your pain, but it wil pass because there will be sooooo many other "better" things to buy in the future.

I agree. I love the AH! line, and may pick it up again later when more money becomes available and I get my most important PFs... I still need to get myself a Spike, Vader, and Spider-Man PF.... I know it's random. But hey, I am a completest of getting Eli's fav characters..that and companions for my existing PFs... Buffy, Green Goblin, etc.

I wanna get atleast one dio and a 1:1 bust.. just to say I have them in my collection.. love the Blade.. but I always loved the beauty of a nice bust... oh man, sometimes I think this would be easier if I was a millionaire. hehe

Then again, I probably would move onto big movie props like the real Batmobile and crap like that. lol

After seeing the pics of BC, I put my order tru the second chance offer at SS. Hope mine would have any issue like broken parts or something.

I really like this line as well but space is becoming an issue and this line just didn't fit with the rest of my Marvel pieces. Not to mention, money is a little tighter now with a mortgage.

I got my Black Cat Comiquette and opened it to find that it was also cracked on the ankle area. Contacted Sideshow by phone to process, but still havent heard from them with a return label yet.

This is like the 3rd out of the 10 items I have ordered from SST I have had to contact customer service about. And out of the 10 more than half of my boxes have been dented or crushed on the corners pretty bad too. But those I just dont want to deal with the process, but for the price we pay for some of these collectibles, they should be sent to us as near mint as possible even the boxes I think...and with proper shipping packaging to prevent this. For alot of the SST items seems like the box is directly hugging/tightly fitted against the outer shipping box, with nothing inbetween to secure it. I have ordered statues and other toy collectibles from other companies and I dont seem to have a problem with fedex/UPS shipping those items cuz they are usually well packaged.

I just wish SST would improve on the shipping packaging, and improve their quality control.

Hahahha sorry, for my first post its kinda a negative rant...hopefully my next will be pleasant!

I got my Black Cat Comiquette and opened it to find that it was also cracked on the ankle area. Contacted Sideshow by phone to process, but still havent heard from them with a return label yet.

This is like the 3rd out of the 10 items I have ordered from SST I have had to contact customer service about. And out of the 10 more than half of my boxes have been dented or crushed on the corners pretty bad too. But those I just dont want to deal with the process, but for the price we pay for some of these collectibles, they should be sent to us as near mint as possible even the boxes I think...and with proper shipping packaging to prevent this. For alot of the SST items seems like the box is directly hugging/tightly fitted against the outer shipping box, with nothing inbetween to secure it. I have ordered statues and other toy collectibles from other companies and I dont seem to have a problem with fedex/UPS shipping those items cuz they are usually well packaged.

I just wish SST would improve on the shipping packaging, and improve their quality control.

Hahahha sorry, for my first post its kinda a negative rant...hopefully my next will be pleasant!

I agree Updog.. you spend good money so you should expect to get these pieces in mint condition. Problem is what we order are very fragile polystone statues. Sometimes with so much detail and itty bitty pieces. I am scared to take on that Blade dio...as beautiful as it is it has a lot of tremendous details to it, and pieces because of it. All you need is to have a lil' piece here or here break. 350 piece down the toilet. For a simplier sculpted piece like the Black Cat, and especially where all the breakages seem to happen, one would think they would do a much better job than this, since this seems like a packaging issue. Man, my first piece that I order from SideShow in a while comes to me flawless, and I had to sell it. Argh!!!

Anyway, I hope you get a mint replacement post haste.

Welcome to the forum UPDOG and RIPTIDE! Enjoy your stay on the Freaks forum!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear there's troubles with this one. Fortunately mine is in one piece. I'm in the process of shuffling things around, so when all is calm again I'll get some pics up.

Mine also arrived in good shape. But it's already off to it's new owner in Canada.

People wine all the time about sideshow QC.. but somtimes people forget SHIPPING... shipping companies are a factor also. perhapes have people everthought UPS, has another 50 boxs on top.? Ive seen a UPS diver toss parcel outta the truck onto the floor...

sideshow always inst to blame, Crap like bad paint apps... is unexcusable for sure.

People wine all the time about sideshow QC.. but somtimes people forget SHIPPING... shipping companies are a factor also. perhapes have people everthought UPS, has another 50 boxs on top.? Ive seen a UPS diver toss parcel outta the truck onto the floor...

sideshow always inst to blame, Crap like bad paint apps... is unexcusable for sure.

That's good and all, but SideShow should pack these suckers good with the insight and understanding that that sort of thing does happen on a regular basis. You get incompetent couriers out there that don't put in the care like they should, and have have been trained to do so.

I think on the black cat. they actually screw up on the foam production... in my box it looks like someone manually shaved off foam to get her to BC to fit.

I'd bet it's more of a shipping thing as well. I have yet to have problem with any of my SS items (haven't opened any 12"ers yet).

UPS didn't deliver my twin brother's Black Cat it was Fed Ex.
It came in good condition and no marks of it being dropped,crushed or kicked.
I do think SSC should do more for packaging though. When I order a STAR WARS figure it comes in the box with a foam top & bottom. The Black Cat was just in a brown box with no protection at all.

:chew

I dont doubt that shipping couriers are a part of this...whether it be a freak accident in the back of a shipping van...to if the courier themselves is tossing our packages around. But you really can't control each individual courier...you are going to have the ones that really take pride in their jobs and then you will have those that are careless...or again it could be a accident or what not? But I think sideshow can help prevent this from happening.

The outer shipping box is physically just tightly hugging the production box...with absolutely no cushning or absorbtion from any type of shock. The foam packaging inside the product box still has loose gaps where the statue rests in... so there is room for the statue to move around. I think sideshow could definetly improve upon the packaging to prevent these things...from stuffing the gaps with extra foam or bubble wrap and securing fragile parts like ankles, limbs or fragile props. Another thing they can do is stop buying the outer shipping boxes that perfectly fit the product boxes like freaking tight underwear....they should get slightly larger shipping boxes so that they can fill the box with foam bubbles and then place the product box in it...that will help absorb the shocks that might happen from bouncing around in the carrier van or from being dropped on our front doors.

I know that the majority of the people get their statues or collectibles in great condition, and the ones that get theirs broken is a smaller percentage...but it really sucks to be in that small percentage...and like I said in a earlier post, I have like 13 sideshow items and this is my 3rd one that I had to have a replacement and more then half have really noticeable dented corners and crushed product boxes.

hahaha, sorry again 2nd post seems to be more of a rant..promise next post will be pleasant.

Well, I guess I can end with a pleasant note...Like to say thanks to those that welcomed me to the forum, and with the kind words and support with this BC mishap. This is a very cool message board revolving around Sideshow talk, too bad I didnt find it earlier...ahahha I have to make up for it by reading all the interesting past topics. I stumbled upon this message board last week when I received my broken ankled BC, and was looking to see if others had this problem...and luckily I found this board. So just wanna say this is a cool board and keep up the great work everyone!

That's good and all, but SideShow should pack these suckers good with the insight and understanding that that sort of thing does happen on a regular basis. You get incompetent couriers out there that don't put in the care like they should, and have have been trained to do so.

To a certain extent they do. I remember when I received my Jabba and Throne, the FedEx driver literally dumped them out of the back of his truck onto the street then jumped down to lug them to the door. I remember wondering if they were going to be damaged while I watched this whole thing from my front window. Both were fine and in part to the massive amounts of styrofoam that surrounded them....

Not saying that they do all they could do but sometimes there are many factors....the thing is further shipping precautions the higher the cost of shipping....

To a certain extent they do. I remember when I received my Jabba and Throne, the FedEx driver literally dumped them out of the back of his truck onto the street then jumped down to lug them to the door. I remember wondering if they were going to be damaged while I watched this whole thing from my front window. Both were fine and in part to the massive amounts of styrofoam that surrounded them....

Not saying that they do all they could do but sometimes there are many factors....the thing is further shipping precautions the higher the cost of shipping....

And you don't want to give the guy crap because most likely he'll either a) not care, b) forget, and c) good chance that is his route and it won't be the last time he'll be delivering packages to you.

It's a shame that people can't show more respect...I mean it does say fragile on the box. And these incompetent couriers must know that some of these packages consist of products that aren't cheap. Costly or not, show respect for other's things.

Last edited:
Exactly. If I give the delivery guy crap then he boots the package or does a drive by toss the next time...So I smile and say something like "Man, this thing is big and fragile" when he delivers it and then complain to myself once its delivered.

Like I said, not everything is being done but somethings are...

Back