Black Cat Comiquette shipping in next 20 days!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally opened her up and she looks great. Granted she's not as good as the first two, but still a very impressive piece. I am also very glad that Sideshow made a very small base for this so displaying is not a problem. Too bad the slight tilt wasn't added to her posture, but overall, I am very satisfied.

Okay, this is more of a question, but I just got her and it is really nice. One problem thought. A very noticeable scratch just above her ankle, at least it is to me.

Here's a picture:
DSCN2389.jpg

DSCN2388.jpg

Now to my question..... what should I do???
Sorry to take the thread to this direction, but I didn't want to start a whole new one just for this question.

Oh and sorry for no pictures of the full statue, my camera just died right when I snapped the second picture.

Funny you should show that scratch cause here is mine that came today and I am sooo upset over this and furious!

this sounds like a potential packing issue now. I better open up mine and check it.

Funny you should show that scratch cause here is mine that came today and I am sooo upset over this and furious!

*hugs Black Cat*

I really feel for you. I would be pretty upset too, and this is a favorite character of your's. Just send her back. Ask if you can keep the art if it's flawless.. cause you may end up getting a crap copy coming back with the replacement.

*hugs Black Cat*

I really feel for you. I would be pretty upset too, and this is a favorite character of your's. Just send her back. Ask if you can keep the art if it's flawless.. cause you may end up getting a crap copy coming back with the replacement.

Thanks Eli! I could ask cause the print was nice. How long do replacements take usally? Anybody know?

oh it was! Wait until you open yours and see how her leg just lays there

Weird.. every piece I keep tends to have a minor thing wrong.. I mean it's so small you can't even notice it really.. no point in sending it back. Well, my Darkness was the exception. Usually my flawless pieces come through people on here selling their stuff. Thing that pisses me off.. finally get a flawless item through SideShow.. I mean nothing.. not so much as a tiny scratch at the bottom of the base, and I have to let her go. ARGH!!!

Just my luck. Oh well guys I hope you can get your replacements pronto.

Thanks Eli! I could ask cause the print was nice. How long do replacements take usally? Anybody know?

They're pretty good about replacements. I've only had to send one thing back and they shipped my replacement one day after they got the one I sent back.

They're pretty good about replacements. I've only had to send one thing back and they shipped my replacement one day after they got the one I sent back.

Loki is correct. They usually send out a replacement immediately after your send back your copy. Some cases it takes longer if it's long sold out, but since these have just shipped you should get a replacement ASAP.

Wow Loki, from our offline discussion and after reading these latest posts, it's probably better I go with SS directly in case any breakage issues. I'd definately open and inspect now.

I usually open everything I get, just to check for breakage.

Was this an isolated packing issue, or is the packaging design flawed?

that is crazy, because it is the same foot and in the same spot where mine is scratched.... Sorry to hear about yours though.

Sorry to hear about yours as well. If it bothers you thought then send her back for another. That scratch would bother me personally.

I'd definitely send that back for a replacement Wooter! It's like the paints flaking off there and if you shrug it off it could end up getting worse. And sorry to hear that you got a broken ankle there black cat...I know you were looking forward to this one!

I just got my Black Cat (she's probably my favorite Marvel female character plus I'm a big Spidey fan) and she's fantastic!!! Not as "pervy" as the other two but the slick, tight leather outfit looks great with light shining off of it.

She does have the lazy-eye just like MJ...but it's sliiiightly less apparant...but not by much! I'm convinced that the factory is having trouble getting the eyes painted at the angle...because in the prototype it appears like she's looking toward the left (her right). Sideshow should just tell them to paint them looking "straight ahead" like they did with White Queen.

PROTOTYPE:
6817_press10-001.jpg

dharper's Production model photo:
P1030002.jpg

I too wish it looked more like the actual art, but as a stand-alone piece (and ignoring the art) it still looks pretty damn good. This'll be the only one I get from the AH! line but to be honest...this statue looks more like Terry Dodson's Black Cat than Adam Hughes! Not that it's a bad thing because I love Dodson's art as well.

bc6.jpg

Now I'm nervous for my twin brother. We live up here in the North East and currently we have a warm streak of weather so I'm hoping the cold has nothing to do with the shipping. I ordered Mad Eye Moody's(Harry Potter) walking staff from The Noble Collection for Christmas and it showed up 2 weeks before December 25 and the thing was snapped in 2. It was made from a porcelain type material and you could feel how cold the thing was. The box it was shipped in was fine, there was no sign of it being dropped or stepped on or crushed. I went online to follow it's transit and sure enough it sat in a cold warehouse or UPS truck over the weekend. I just hope this doesn't happen to my brother's Black Cat. It's suppose to get here by Saturday.

I have one other question, how come some of you already have yours? He ordered the exclusive and it's not here yet. Is there a reason for this?

:chew

Dude, I come from the coldest of the cold and I got my Black Cat before many residents near the SideShow offices. Can't figure out why that's the case, but I ain't complaining.

Back