Black Cat Comiquette shipping in next 20 days!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...well, I just noticed something minor. Y'all know that plastic hatch prop that comes with the statue? When I inspected my statue, I didn't check out the hatch...I was mostly concerned with making sure the actual statue and base were looking good, and I never checked it out (seemed trivial). Well, just now I figured I'd set it up and noticed that the plastic hatch piece on mine is effed up. One of the corners came unattached. I suppose it's nothing a little glue couldn't fix, but I emailed SideShow anyway. After inspecting it, it seems like it's not so much broken as it is "unglued." Think it's worth asking for a new hatch, or is it my collector's OCPD?

my.php

Last edited:
...well, I just noticed something minor. Y'all know that plastic hatch prop that comes with the statue? When I inspected my statue, I didn't check out the hatch...I was mostly concerned with making sure the actual statue and base were looking good, and I never checked it out (seemed trivial). Well, just now I figured I'd set it up and noticed that the plastic hatch piece on mine is effed up. One of the corners came unattached. I suppose it's nothing a little glue couldn't fix, but I emailed SideShow anyway. After inspecting it, it seems like it's not so much broken as it is "unglued." Think it's worth asking for a new hatch, or is it my collector's OCPD?

my.php
[/QUOTE

Mine came like that.. perhaps that was done on purpose to give it more flexibility for getting it around her body to connect to the palm of her hands.

Mine came like that.. perhaps that was done on purpose to give it more flexibility for getting it around her body to connect to the palm of her hands.

It shouldn't have. Mine (very luckily) came in perfect. If you're not comfortable gluing it back together, I'd ask for a replacement.

Here's mine! I think I have the lowest of all so far: #10!!

She arrived fine as well. No cracks or markings on the ankle:

blackcatnf2.jpg

Love the picks... I may have to pick her up down the line.. but not now... no money because she's not a must have as far as character.

Crap, another damaged one, this time the wrist...

IMG_7599 (Medium).JPG

IMG_7600 (Medium).JPG

IMG_7601 (Medium).JPG

I called it in and customer service was very polite (Michelle was it?), and when she asked if I wanted a replacement or a refund, I opted for the refund. Too fragile for me. Which sux, cause I really like this one and wanted the whole set.

Question: SS doesn't refund fill price including shipping, do they? I'm waiting on labels to cover return shipping, but I was wondering if they would pay for shipping both directions.

Edit: #593

Question: SS doesn't refund fill price including shipping, do they? I'm waiting on labels to cover return shipping, but I was wondering if they would pay for shipping both directions.

They should. I'd complain if they don't. You shouldn't have to pay anything, it's not your fault it was poorly packed and severely mishandled. All you did was receive it.

They should. I'd complain if they don't. You shouldn't have to pay anything, it's not your fault it was poorly packed and severely mishandled. All you did was receive it.

I agree on the first part, and I think that's how it will pan out. But it wasn't mishandled; we were just joking about Fed Ex being rough on it. It's all in the delivery, my bad.

But it is due to poor packing design, I think. There is very limited clearance from her left hand fingertips to the edge of the box. One good verticle jolt and it snapped. That's for my case.

I'm sitting here just waiting for my black cat... Parcel Service should arrive in about one hour!
Disturbing to see the last pictures...:google

That's it, if mine arrives broken, I'm fixing her myself.

Way too expensive to send her there and back again, only to get her broken once more.

How hard can it be, covering a seam in glossy black?

(Very hard, I know, but still...)

:monkey2

I agree on the first part, and I think that's how it will pan out. But it wasn't mishandled; we were just joking about Fed Ex being rough on it. It's all in the delivery, my bad.

But it is due to poor packing design, I think. There is very limited clearance from her left hand fingertips to the edge of the box. One good verticle jolt and it snapped. That's for my case.

There's really no way to say what it was exactly though. We can sit and blame sideshow all we want but I'm sure some of it has to do with whatever courier is used to deliver it as well. I work for one of the delivery companies (one of the big 3) and while I don't usually see problems around my area (NY area) I do hear some horror stories from time to time about how packages are handled.

Just got my replacement Black Cat today! looks good, counted all the fingers, toes and limbs to make sure they were all intact...and yes they were.

Much better job with packaging...they added square soft foam dampeners around the statue so that it was stabalized and absorbed the shock!

There's really no way to say what it was exactly though. We can sit and blame sideshow all we want but I'm sure some of it has to do with whatever courier is used to deliver it as well. I work for one of the delivery companies (one of the big 3) and while I don't usually see problems around my area (NY area) I do hear some horror stories from time to time about how packages are handled.

Who's the one that designs the packaging? The courier or Sideshow? Yeah that's what I thought. :rolleyes:

Just got my replacement Black Cat today! looks good, counted all the fingers, toes and limbs to make sure they were all intact...and yes they were.

Much better job with packaging...they added square soft foam dampeners around the statue so that it was stabilized and absorbed the shock!

Very good news!

Well, for those of us who have yet to receive ours, of course. :cool:

Back