Big Chief Studios: Peaky Blinders 1/6 figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it's Murphy's signature. I've checked and actually they offered the signature upgrade after 7 weeks since I ordered the "limited". Maybe they needed to wait for the approval. I hope you can upgrade/swap.
Well, I contacted BigBadToyStore, to ask if I can cancel and move/get back my deposit, and since it wa sa first time thing they cancelled my order and gave me back the deposit (the money's not arived yet, but I assume they will). Really helpful customer service, I have to say. Understanding too, they said they'd do the same in a Limited vs Signature scenario. Anyway, I went to BCS and orderered a Sig Edition though them. The order got a tad messed up there, wouldn't show, but customer service got to me pretty quickly so it's alright too.

Now I have to decide where to order my Anakin from. Either Popcultcha or BBTS.

Sorry new to BCS but when you say signature does that mean, Cillian Murphy hand signs 400 toy boxes or do they just scan his signature onto the box?

Im going to pull the trigger on this soon I think and I am just curious.
If their old Doctor Who Signature Editions are anything to go by, inside the box you get a silver plaque, it's signed by the actor with a marker. It's also got an XXX/XXX number so you know which one you've got. The 10th Doctor I've got was 200 or 300 pieces, this one is 400. So you get this silver plaque in a little stand, with the name of the figure, etc, the signature on top and that specific number. They're all individually signed.

Thanks for the clarification! Just placed my order for the signature edition, I couldn?t miss out. Peaky has been my favorite show since it released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the clarification! Just placed my order for the signature edition, I couldn?t miss out. Peaky has been my favorite show since it released.

Happy to help. Show's gone downhill IMHO, but I still like Tommeh as a character.

Happy to help. Show's gone downhill IMHO, but I still like Tommeh as a character.

Went downhill with the Adried Brody stuff, really awful, especially for an Italian wiever, as you had actual bilingual actors who spoke Italian correctly as well as english with an accent. Then you had Brody mumbling nonsene when he was speaking Italian...

Last season was good imho. Minus the cliffhanger.

Went downhill with the Adried Brody stuff, really awful, especially for an Italian wiever, as you had actual bilingual actors who spoke Italian correctly as well as english with an accent. Then you had Brody mumbling nonsene when he was speaking Italian...

Last season was good imho. Minus the cliffhanger.

It started going downhill with S3, but it was still watchable. Brody's Mafia Don was on the level of "mamma mia pasta de proposullo MARONNE COMMANDATORE arivederci". It was like watching Paulie in those episodes where the Sopranos Crew visits Italy. Not to mention the literal "oy guv, all this time I was in cahoots with me pal Al Capone" Deus Ex Machina which shows up in the literal last few minutes of the final episode. For me, S5 was the worst. Apart from demonizing Mosley, the kicker is that we're supposed to think that he's some unspeakable evil from the depths of Hell, while the murdering, thieving gangsters are somehow morally in the right. No, seriously. You kill, torture, maim, extort, but as a 1920s Working Class gangster, really, it's racism that concerns you. But it's racism against the blacks, specifically, that irks you. The Shelbys were racist against the Italians for the entirety of the show, not even allowing that guy to marry their literal whore, but racism against the blacks, now that's just a step too far! An amoral gangster has to have some standards! Tommy goes from threatening every single man who gets close to Ada to "ayigh luv, go have that racemixed baby out of wedlock, no problems 'ere". Then you have the Billy Boys who just show up from nowhere and... are there. Oh, and Alfie's now alive because... Hardy likes to mumble I suppose. TOMMEH passes on the Commie girl, the heiress girl, and gets with the literal whore. Said literal whore, alongside the rest of the useless hags, has the usual "gurl powah" moments, where they, too, walk down the street in slooooooooowwwwww mooooootiooooooooonnnn. And said hardened gangsters from the 20s just take the nagging and don't throw a slap because that'd make them unlikeable to the 20-50 female demographic. It's just... bad and inconsistent in every front.

I'm half expecting S6 to have TOMMEH start communicating with spirits while Mosley strolls down in full Wolfenstein garb and murders Ada's "golden Oscar" (t. Aunt Pol) baby. It ends with TOMMEH becoming Prime Minister, while S7 has him becoming King of Britain and pulling Excalibur out of the stone. But then Hitler attacks and S8 is a full out war between the Peaky FOKIN Blindahs with spirit powers, versus the Reich and its demon zombie robot army. Alfie is revealed as a descendant of MMMMMHHHHHHHH NOOTKA and we get a Taboo crossover. Idris Elba cameos as Comrade Stalin, complete with a heavy Russian accent, and saves the day. The final scene is TOMMEH as Emperor of Europe screaming with a gun to his head as Grace is revealed to be Lillith, the Mother of Demons. Then get ready for full memery in the spin-off; "Peaky Blinders: CyberPunk".

It's a live action cartoon at this point so I've stopped trying to apply logic to it. Who writes stuff like "there is God, and there are the Peaky Blinders" and thinks "alright, yeah, there's God, the Supreme Creator of the Omniverse, and then right bellow him there's this gang of drunks in London". Just enjoy the campyness and good cinematography.

It's honestly just a shame that there's not much good stuff currently airing (well, with Corona "currently" isn't an apt description, but you get my point). Westworld went to **** by S2, Perry Mason's just "eh", Billions is a parody of itself, and... I don't know, I've stopped keeping up with shows. The New Pope was the last thing to massively dissapoint me. I'm waiting for Barry and Succession to come back on.

APkcfcb.jpg

Looks like BCS will be releasing an Arthur signature edition soon, found it on their twitter.

Hopefully the final products live up to this potential. I've got both ordered, so I guess I'll find out. I also hope they make an Alfie Solomons next, and looking at the comments around the traps it seems like I'm far from the only one hoping for him to make an appearance in figure form.

If they could get Hardy amd Knight to agree to an Alfie figure, then it might be worth looking into the possibility of doing a James Delaney figure from Taboo at some stage as well.

Is that right? I would like to order Thomas Shelby but I dont know if Big Chief?s final products usually look as good as the prototype.

They've been pretty good lately. You can check out some of the Doctor Who threads to see the final product there.

I saw this bumped and got excited. I'm sure both the Peaky figures will be released, it's just a matter of when. This company is slow to crank out figures- I forget which one, but I heard people waited almost 4 years for a figure to be released. BCS had stated that they're pretty backlogged at the moment. Hopefully we see these before the end of this year, but not holding my breath

I stil have mine, but I'm holding off on ordering their new Who figures. I need a 12, but they're not even allowing for a deposit, and charge you 60 pounds or soemthing per month, for 4 months. When the figure might be released in 2 years, I'm wary to drop 300 pounds "now". BCS really needs an overhaul in how they offer their product.

That's what happens when a small operation takes on too much.

People lose interest, cancel the orders and move on to the next thing.

Back