Big Chief Studios James Bond from Dr. No 1:6 goes up for Pre-Order Aug. 30

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score

Attachments

• drno.jpg
    drno.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 196,550
  • drno2.jpg
    drno2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 643
Last edited:
Re: Article: Big Chief Studios James Bond from Dr. No 1:6 goes up for Pre-Order Aug.

I'll pass on this one

Big Chief couldn't even be bothered to make him a Walther. He had the Beretta in the film but only briefly and at the beginning. Odd choice.

Re: Article: Big Chief Studios James Bond from Dr. No 1:6 goes up for Pre-Order Aug.

the Walther is in the pistol case, like the one given him in M's office by Q (Major Boothroyd.) So yea, they bothered.

Big Chief couldn't even be bothered to make him a Walther. He had the Beretta in the film but only briefly and at the beginning. Odd choice.

Surprised nobody has shared this yet:

Dear Customer,

We are pleased to share some images of the upcoming James Bond Dr. No and Flash Gordon sixth scale character replica figures pre-production samples.

As many of you already know pre-production samples are figures that are made utilising the tooling and costumes following the prototypes and patterns provided by BIG Chief. Changes and alterations are communicated through to our vendors, who in turn liaise with the various team heads at the factory.

Modifications to the pre-production samples have already been communicated and mass production is underway. See the combined images that show numerous component parts that have been injected ready for cleaning and painting.

Finally we have attached some images showing the Space 1999 Commander Koenig costume developed by the factory from our patterns and master prototype.

We will be sure to keep you posted with additional images and information as we proceed throughout production for these upcoming figures and others currently in the production pipeline.

Thanks
BCS

em-dr-no-jb-img-1_5.jpg

em-dr-no-jb-img-2_6.jpg

em-dr-no-jb-img-3_7.jpg

em-dr-no-jb-img-4_8.jpg

em-james-bond-dr-no-img-1_2.jpg

em-james-bond-dr-no-img-2_3.jpg

em-james-bond-dr-no-img-3_4.jpg

The also showed the Flash Gordon figures, and the Space 1999 uniform, if anyone wants to see them.

Wow... I'd forgotten about this thread, all the recent talk has been in another thread.

The sculpts look fantastic, particularly No.

But I have to say I'm disappointed in the material chosen for Dr No's suit. It does not emulate linen, has a wavy pattern, and sadly, judging by the folds in the cuff and elsewhere, looks to be as spongy a material as the old 2002 Sideshow No outfit. Also, those black metal hands need to shine like black glass. They are too dull.

I'll still buy, because I'm a diehard fan, but having been 2 years plus waiting for this I would have hoped that a better material could have been found.

I would like to see Ming.

Last edited:
So any news on when they will actually release this figure? It's been over 2 years since preorder opened. What a long wait.

Back