Big Chief Studios: Peaky Blinders 1/6 figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really lovely. Shame the proto to production gap is so large with BCS.

agreed. I had to do a lot of work to get my Goldfinger Bond to look good but at that point I was over it and sold it anyway.

I LOVE Peaky Blinders, so I really hope these come out well. But I won't PO until I see in hand pics

I don't want to offend anyone, but I honestly think we made the version better

collage.jpg

Would not disagree, will be interesting to see what it looks like at release, bcs studios dont have the best paint apps,but they do seem to be improving.

They had Yelim.Choi paint the two prototype sculpts. So I hope their quality is just as good if not acceptable enough not to have it repainted.

I don't want to offend anyone, but I honestly think we made the version better

I think both have their merits. However, unfortunately, the big difference between yours Ulli and the BCS one will be the price. I would've loved the custom you and your team made, however the price was what anyone would expect of a custom figure. Obviously, with a custom figure, usually the proto looks like the final product and that's part of what you're paying for-the high quality of each item.

I'm more than sure the BCS one (if it actually gets made-*RIP Gladiator*), will be below $300.

That's not meant to be offensive to the FRWL team, it's just the reality that a mass produced figure will cost less than a custom.

I'm not sure I'm sold. I need to see more and clearer pictures. Too much post on these to understand how it really looks.

I'm sure that it'll look worse as a finished product, but I'll probably PO this. The show has turned to absolute ****, but I keep watching for Tommeh brooding and going AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH while putting a gun to his head, and ARFAH knocking people's lights out! Also, bad as S5 was, at least Mosley was great (though I don't think they achieved what they wanted with him...). Anyhow, I'm actually quite looking forward to this figure. I guess they'll do an Arthur, an Alfie too. Dunno if I'd buy anyone other than Tommy, except maybe Mosley but that's a bigger longshot than Hot Toys going finishing the various villains they've teased all these years. He would be great though. You could do a Suit & Blackshirt version too, and I suppose it'd have appeal as a historcal figure to other crowds too.

latest

I don't see them doing all of the Peaky Fookin Blindahs, Aberama or Luca. Who'd pay 200$+ for Michael or Polly? Finn?! Nah. I do wonder if they'll give Tommeh his glasses though.

fa03aef4be8eae1fb73f10049c18cfce.jpg

Or maybe they'll milk it (and I can't fault them) and produce some variants. However, them going after more BBC properties, could mean figures from other such shows. Maybe they could do Alfie and then follow it up with some Mmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhh Nootka.

b2ca6860e939b89803ca5317179a4ec6-700.jpg

I'd have a use for a Nootkaman.

PS: I doubt it'll happen, but a Sig Edition like the early DW releases would be great.

I will say, if people buy it, I think BCS is more than willing to go deep on character selection. Their plans for Penny Dreadful were ambitious, before that got scuttled by the show's surprise end.

I will say, if people buy it, I think BCS is more than willing to go deep on character selection. Their plans for Penny Dreadful were ambitious, before that got scuttled by the show's surprise end.

I'd argue that the Penny Dreadful cast felt more like the were all "main characters". Look at this pic:

Penny-Dreadful-0.5.jpg

All of them have a distinct look and some of them a certain amount of star power. No two of them look the same, and in-universe they all had their various subplots going on. Then you've got the fact that characters like Dorian Grey and Victor Frankenstein (alongside his Monster and the Bride) are part of the world of literature, not just from a tv show. Vanessa herself has quite a couple of outfits so that they can make multiple figures of her. Hartnett's character has the Werewolf aspect as well. There are more incentives to go deeper there than a semi-popular BBC show whose main draw is the main character. Yeah, a lot of people tuned in PD to watch Eva Green get her **** out, but some tuned in for the Victorian Feel, others for the Literary characters; etc. PB started as basically British Boardwalk Empire crossed with Sons Of Anarchy, so you got into it specifically if you liked Crime Dramas so much that you'd watch anything. But it became a hit because all the girls were salivating over Cillian Murphy, who carried the show, and because of Hardy dropping in (who's stayed on for so long because he finds the part amusing). It's a similar case with HoC being carried entirely by Spacey and riding the coattails of the first few Fincher episodes. And, like HoC, the writing's gone to hell. The scene with the Nuns in S5 is all the proof anybody would need. But, in contrast with HoC, it keeps getting more popular.The show's done well, yes. I see pics of them up in the walls of most barbershops and even housewives watched it. But all the pics are of Tommy & Arthur, all the housewives are watching because of Tommy, and personally, I had to look up the names of the other brothers. Anectodal, but there you go.

Peaky Blinders is primarily carried by Tommy, with Arthur as the "underground favourite", and Alfie as the fun guest star. All of the Peakys are merely the "minions" of Tommy/the "Overlord". Tommeh is the main character, which is why anyone interested in the property will get him. Arthur has a different haircut, the mustache, he's the "bulldog"; there's enough to differentiate him and make people wanna buy him. But Michael, John and Finn are just the same outfit but with characters that I don't see anyone spending 200$+ on. Polly? Grace? Ada? That whore Tommeh ended up marrying? The black guy? The black guy's kid? The black guy who ****ed and sucked Ada and Tommeh is a-ok with it, when two seasons back he was racist against Italians for daring to **** the whore whom he ended up marrying, even though he goes on and on about how Pikeys are mistreated while also being a degenerate criminal? I don't see them getting made. Yes, the show's done well. But "boy, I'll sure drop 200 pounds on a supporting character who's jsut there" big? I don't think so.

If Tommy does well, they'll make Arthur. Then Alfie, who has a distinct look and is played by Tom Hardy. If the line is still going strong, they'd do Aberama because he's got a pretty unique look too, compared to the others. Then Luca, since he could appeal to Mafiafans and is played by Brody. Then, if they're brave enough to make a figure of the Leader of BUF, Mosley. I heard that Brad Pitt called up for a role because he's a fan of the show, so if he ends up playing someone, they'd make that guy too.

Arthur is next. Something about the Tommy figure bugs me. I said to them as well that I wish they would apply their tailoring to a license like Tombstone.

Split product runs could mean varying degrees of quality between them. Safe for them if only 500 get ordered but quality could go drastically up or down from that initial run and collectors could luck out or or get very disappointed based on the quality of later runs.

Back