Big Chief Studios: Peaky Blinders 1/6 figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received my Tommy. Likenesses is really awesome, and painting in hands is better than I thought (although not perfect).
Clothes are top notch, impressive quality and fit.
Overall, quite happy with the figure...

Attachments

• IMG_20230412_183110_870.jpg
    IMG_20230412_183110_870.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 0
By order of the Peaky Blinders...

Two of the great characters from one of the great TV shows, i had to have the Shelby brothers in my collection.

I just got in Tommy and have Arthur on the way:panic:

These are a step up from the last Bond figures i got from BC, with lots to love.
Inigo Gil really knocked it out of the park with a terrific sculpt of Cillian Murphy, scars and all! Paint apps are very nice, maybe not HT level but just as good as most other companies out there.
Tailoring too is a pleasant surprise with some very nice work. The coat is a tad bulky around the collar but with a little work we should be able to get it to sit a little more flush against the shoulders.
Detailing on all the accessories are excellent throughout especially the machine gun. Even the box art is a thing of beauty:love:
My biggest gripe is with the body which has a loose foot peg and floppy neck joint. These are easy fixes but i shouldn't have to.

Some pics...straight from the box

DSC_0140.JPG
DSC_0141.JPG
DSC_0143.JPG
DSC_0144.JPG
DSC_0115.JPG
DSC_0124.JPG
DSC_0127.JPG

Some shots under shelf lighting.

It's a shame that the back of the collars on both the jacket and coat weren't a little longer around the neck area. They should come further around and sit lower down on the chest. I put some wire underneath them to help them sit better, but they're still too short looking.

DSC_0060.JPG
DSC_0062.JPG
DSC_0056.JPG
DSC_0057 (2).JPG

I wish they had included a wee razor blade to slip inside the caps peak. THTOYS included one on their version.

DSC_0066.JPG

Arthur arrived...And it's another superb sculpt by Inigo gil. The paint apps and tailoring are again all very nice...for the most part. And there's some lovely accessories.
My main gripe again is the poor body that BCS use. Floppy neck joint being the main issue.

And it would have been nice if a pocket watch and black gloved hands had also been included with this set. Luckily there's two sets of gloved hands with the Tommy set.

DSC_0080.JPG
DSC_0038.JPG
DSC_0033.JPG
DSC_0037.JPG
DSC_0043.JPG
DSC_0057.JPG
DSC_0082.JPG

It's a bit of a head scratcher as to why they used white poppers on the vest. The top one in particular is very noticeable.
I'm not all that keen either on the little studs that are now being used to represent buttons. Kaustic plastik and Sideshow also use them on their clothening. For me they just look cheap and are a step backwards.

BCS used to have nicely realised sculpted buttons on their earlier Dr who figures, which just look nicer and add to the overall realism.

DSC_0088.JPG
DSC_0090.JPG
DSC_0092.JPG

The detailing on the shoulder holster is excellent and accurate to the one worn by Anderson in the show.

There's some really nice work as well on the two Webley revolvers, especially the .455 with it's clip open barrel that works perfectly.

And i love the beautifully detailed lighter. Possibley the best 1/6 scaled lighter ever! ...makes me long for my chain smoking days:giggle:

DSC_0098.JPG
DSC_0102.JPG
DSC_0101.JPG
DSC_0051.JPG

After rewatching the series again i'd love an Inspector Campbell. Wishful thinking i know. Maybe THTOYS might make a version of him🤔
I'm curious to see how their John Shelby turns out, as i'm tempted to pick him up to stand along side his bruvers.

While these figures have their flaws, they are still a nice set and look pretty darn cool on the shelf :cool:

DSC_0003.JPG
DSC_0004.JPG
DSC_0005.JPG
DSC_0020.JPG
DSC_0021.JPG

IIRC, InArt were interested in doing Peaky Blinders but when they contacted the BBC they had already made a deal with Big Chief and BBC didn't want two companies competing over the same license. Would have been nice though.

Back