Beyond the Event Horizon Customs and Bashes by The_Darkness_Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the way you were able to get that leather to drape over the head. I can't imagine the patience to get it right.

I was just checking over the Rio Rondo site and it looks like they are currently having supply issues with the skiver.

But they did add Japanese Plunge that may be a good substitute.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

That Rancor Keeper is just superb, TDP.:clap I just love how the retro-vintage peg warmer is finally getting his due, and with quite a few customs coming together. Need to get onto mine.

And yeah Skiver is tricky because the thickness can vary a lot. I bought some years ago that was just perfect, super thin and worked brilliantly, but all the Skiver I've found more recently (including Rio Rondo) has been a bit too thick. I found some that worked well for my Lando Skiff, but it's tricky stuff to get just the right thickness on.

Thanks for posting all the helpful advice. Many of us need it.

I also appreciate all the kind words.

I?m experimenting with ideas on this next character. Of course thanks to Ace for the sculpture.

9EB94257-30BB-4C68-A044-CC36FBED381B.jpeg

I believe this is the same one, but I order directly from Ace. As you can see the Shapeways prices have drastically increased.

The artist doesn?t get much money that way. He?s compensated more when ordering directly from him. He doesn?t make as much money as compared to his commission work but every little bit helps, especially now.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/7...ale-rescaled?optionId=65613451&li=marketplace

E7AD29F7-D2AF-41DE-A710-5E2E9FEED9F1.jpg

I believe this is the same one, but I order directly from Ace. As you can see the Shapeways prices have drastically increased.

The artist doesn?t get much money that way. He?s compensated more when ordering directly from him. He doesn?t make as much money as compared to his commission work but every little bit helps, especially now.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/7...ale-rescaled?optionId=65613451&li=marketplace

View attachment 483482

Wow, I didn?t know that. I?ll have to find a way to get in touch with Raflworks directly. And ?Ace? too.

Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since the customs crack down, I’ve been a little bit hesitant to openly share contact information. However you can private message me and I can send a note to him to reach out to you.

Thanks.

Looking very cool!
Also definitely agree to go direct to Ace via The Darkness Predator if you like one of his offerings. Save you some money and more importantly help out the artist :lecture

Steven! You mad man! I love that a bunch of us on here are making Malakili at the same time. Your version is outstanding as usual sir. And the Quarren figure is radical! I really dig your mercenary figures man.

From the description, it almost sounded like a factory reject. At the very least, it did not have any of the weathering and other parts that all of the production versions had. Works for me :).

View attachment 483482

That's insane - the heads on Shapeways were already pretty expensive but that looks like the price has almost doubled. What brought on that huge price spike?

Great that it can be ordered direct from you and Mati.:clap:clap:clap

I'm still hoping Mati will do something like an EV-9D9 or 2-1B sculpt after they had cameos in Mando and Solo. How awesome would those be in 1/6? You so rarely see new SW robots in 1/6.

LOL. You?re so awesome! Thank you.

View attachment 483539

Looks so awesome. The Keeper always looks so Monty Python.:lol

I have a different head I was going to use but may have to grab that head for mine (though I also used that head for Dengar:lol).

Yes exactly! I could not believe that price whenever I looked it up recently.

Regarding the droids…I know someone (not Ace) that is trying to make those available by 3-D printing right now. Yep, I love those two droids also. That was so awesome to see it in the series. There is another artist that is making 1/6 scale droids but he only makes about 12 and stops. Every time I find out about them they’re already sold out. I keep wondering why he doesn’t just print more but I think I know why. I recently even heard that a Disney movie was shown at a fundraiser but they did not get permission before hand. They received Disney communication and was told they had to pay.

That's insane - the heads on Shapeways were already pretty expensive but that looks like the price has almost doubled. What brought on that huge price spike?

Great that it can be ordered direct from you and Mati.:clap:clap:clap

I'm still hoping Mati will do something like an EV-9D9 or 2-1B sculpt after they had cameos in Mando and Solo. How awesome would those be in 1/6? You so rarely see new SW robots in 1/6.

Looks so awesome. The Keeper always looks so Monty Python.:lol

I have a different head I was going to use but may have to grab that head for mine (though I also used that head for Dengar:lol).

Back