Beyond the Event Horizon Customs and Bashes by The_Darkness_Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Darkness_Predator

"Beware the beast Man..."
CF Supporter
Reaction score
With the encouragement of forum friends, I have started my own Star Wars Customs and Bashes thread.

I enjoy seeing the master customizer’s character creations on the forum. I may not always comment on the craftsmanship or dedication to phenomenal detail, but that is what inspired me to create my own versions – or at least try. I can’t exactly match the movie characters so I make my own versions.

There will be long periods of silence, as my day (and night) job consumes all my time like a supermassive black hole. It is not uncommon for my work projects to require 90+ hours a week – not hourly paid! :gah:

In the past, I received negative and demoralizing comments how I ruin an expensive figure. :monkey2 I believe that the best way for me to make a custom figure is to start with the best raw materials. Yes, that is expensive sometimes.

Please forgive any reposts.

I was inspired by Tony Curanaj’s painting ‘A Good Find: Portrait of a Tusken Raider.'

901194_478481965558367_610181704_o.jpg

901194_478481968891700_1248432177_o.jpg

901194_478481972225033_1356609298_o.jpg

Im glad you decided to start your own thread. Your customs are amazing and deserve it.

Im looking forward to seeing what you come up with in the future. Your work is inspiring. Keep up the good work my friend, when you can find the time that is. :)

Awesome! Great to see a post by you again TDP! Hopefully your workload will lax up soon & allow you to return to more enjoyable labors. Your thread is already part of my top "threads most anxiously checked for updates" list!

Pics are very cool. I have to admit,I love portrait inspired dioramas.

Cool, your very own thread to showcase your awesome work. Thread subscribed.........:lecture

Steven, nice work on the "fat head" Tusken. I need to rework the heads on my three, I want them to look different.

Thanks for the WIP pics, keep them coming my friend. :)

I took lots of work in progress pictures over the last several months.

I finally finished the hands and head.

This is the prototype for Myo version 0.1TDP. I really thought I, make that we (with my wife's sewing help) could do better than using these clothes.

IMG_6580.JPG

Last edited:
Steven, Myo is looking great!! I like the outfit. I really like how you are doing the stripes on his pants. Well done.

The boots look great as well.

Good stuff. :duff

dammit i was gonna guess myo but didn't..........:lol

looks great steven. boots are unreal.

You got it. :hi5:

Thank you. :)

IMG_6623.JPG

IMG_6624.JPG

IMG_6625.JPG
IMG_6628.JPG

As I always say, I am never 100% happy with my work, but I at least I am finished. :D

I plan to post some of the work in progress pics later. I learned lots of ways not to do it. :monkey3

Last edited:
Whoa! That outfit looks great. I cant believe I am going to say this, but I wish I could sew.

Freaking spot on outfit. Awesome.

What did you use for the hair? I used craft fur on mine. I like how mine looks but so hard to use. Yours looks so neat, well done.

Thanks, Chris. Your Myo is so awesome.

I know. I could not even sew a button until I started these Star Wars customs. I have learned "sew" much. My wife :love helped me on this suit. I had to figure out how to make a pattern when our first attempts didn't work out.

The short hair on top is a fabric* I found at a local store, Jo-Ann's (I think).

*Edit: Plush felt on the top of the head.

The long hair is ivory fox I found here.

The folks at Imstuffed offer samples. There was even one time they sent me samples I wanted at no charge.

This is the fur being fitted and toupee tape (tip from Jessica).

IMG_6557.JPG

Last edited:
Back