**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having been a medic for 25 years I can attest that people have survived some bat crazy circumstances.

That being said stay the F away from ewok rocks and slap crazy females nothing good will come your way lol
So what you're saying is stay away from crazy Ewok girls. Good safety tip. :lecture

ColossalSmidgenCosplay.jpg

IDK, people can survive being impaled with an actual sword so why not a laser sword? As long as the lightsaber doesn't have a 6" diameter blade I think it's plausible lol. But yes, in the SW universe attempting to apply logic is futile. :lol
While I agree with this, it bears to question though, why didn't Vader finish her off again? Is it to make her suffer until she dies?

So they can make a photo realistic Luke but they cannot de age Anakin? Also Reva gave the order to open fire at the door. They cannot really get trough with the weapons. Later she goes there and open it after she sliced the door like butter. Why didn't you started with that? Everything is so amateurish it hurts. Man what a ******** this series is.

So my take here is that the blast door is strong enough to withstand her lightsaber for a certain amount of time so it was faster/less effort to have the troopers soften the door first. The door was pretty wrecked by the time she walks up to it. The thinner metal would have made it easier for her to finish it off with her saber.

What was Vader’s long game in ESB using Luke’s capture to get close to the Emperor….

:chase

He apparently learned that move from Reva. :lol

IDK, people can survive being impaled with an actual sword so why not a laser sword? As long as the lightsaber doesn't have a 6" diameter blade I think it's plausible lol. But yes, in the SW universe attempting to apply logic is futile. :lol
Just seems odd though - exact same thing happens to Qui Gon, in theory more powerful with force than Reva, but he's 98% dead immediately after impalement (immobile, apparently dead) then 100% dead just a min or two later in OWK's arms.

I'd just say it's not a good look - lightsaber right through you, and then minutes later you're rummaging through OWK's Jedi cellphone going "hmmm, veely interesting...."

And Vader leaving her "only half dead" (?) is just stupid and make him look like an idiot, even though I get that logic flew out the window long ago in Disney SW - Palps surving ROTJ and Maul surviving being cut in half, and yeah Book of Boba's sniper sidekick with the robot innards or whatever.

It all just becomes meaningless - like in SW you need to chop your adversary up into tiny chunks then incinerate them to make sure they are dead, but even then there's some bs explanation... every character like the T-1000.

... except if you're a stormie, where in Disney SW a brusque cough from close enough will END you. 😬:rotfl

Just seems odd though - exact same thing happens to Qui Gon, in theory more powerful with force than Reva, but he's 98% dead immediately after impalement (immobile, apparently dead) then 100% dead just a min or two later in OWK's arms.

On the same scene, the other guy got cut in half and survived too.

And Vader leaving her "only half dead" (?) is just stupid and make him look like an idiot, even though I get that logic flew out the window long ago in Disney SW - Palps surving ROTJ and Maul surviving being cut in half, and yeah Book of Boba's sniper sidekick with the robot innards or whatever.
This I agree. The only plausible reasons here are Vader has another plan afoot (unlikely) or Vader simply wants her to die suffering (more likely) but underestimated her will to live. This is probably akin to Obi Wan's mistake of leaving Anakin for dead at Mustafar.

Yeah, I know: "will of the Force" yada, yada, yada. The problem with that from a narrative standpoint is that it turns characters into puppets or pawns because the "will of the Force" wouldn't stop at chance encounters. There'd be a specific chain of events intended to spill out from each of those. No accidents = no achievements.

Even if our objective reality was structured so deterministically, it still makes for bad storytelling, IMO.

Qui Gon got stabbed through the heart basically. Inquisitor only through the stomach.

Vader's done all sorts of stuff like this in comics and books, he left her alive for a reason.

What was Vader’s long game in ESB using Luke’s capture to get close to the Emperor….

:chase
I must've missed the part where Vader tasked Luke with critical missions to find the object of his greatest revenge while knowing that Luke wasn't loyal and actually planning to kill him. :lol

This whole Vader knowing Reva's intentions makes such little sense to me that I can't help but wonder why he ever allowed her to become an Inquisitor and uses her on the most personally important job he had (finding Kenobi). It smells to me like a late rewrite with possible reshoots.

Vader waits for her to make her assassination attempt before putting her down. So he outwits her and dominates her physically, yet still let her potentially encounter Kenobi and team up with him (which they would've done if Kenobi didn't ditch her and go back on his word :lol). It just seems off. Maybe just me, though.

Qui Gon got stabbed through the heart basically. Inquisitor only through the stomach.

Vader's done all sorts of stuff like this in comics and books, he left her alive for a reason.
Uhh. Qui Gon was definitely stabbed in the stomach not the heart lol.

I'd just say it's not a good look - lightsaber right through you, and then minutes later you're rummaging through OWK's Jedi cellphone going "hmmm, veely interesting...."

It all just becomes meaningless - like in SW you need to chop your adversary up into tiny chunks then incinerate them to make sure they are dead, but even then there's some bs explanation... every character like the T-1000.

... except if you're a stormie, where in Disney SW a brusque cough from close enough will END you. 😬:rotfl
Part of the silliness of all this is attributable to Lucas. When he wanted Maul revived, he and Filoni came up with the idea that it was "hate" which kept him alive. Yes, you read that right. :lol

I suspect that's why the story group is having dark side users survive impalement while lightsiders like Qui-Gon actually die from seemingly identical circumstances.

The crazy thing is that people at Lucasfilm seem to have a command of the lore created by the later (inferior) version of Lucas but oblivious to fundamental lore that he started it all with in the OT. :dunno

"Star Wars" became nothing more than comic book, fan-fiction junk and merchandising tool a long, long time ago.

In the Disney era, the good things you see here and there are likely old ideas when creators cared, like the Mando concept that Favreau came up with it when he cared. But most of the "creative process" is driven by timelines and paychecks now. "We need a Kenobi show, we need an Ahsoka show"... it's not that someone comes in with a great story that they've been thinking about and imagining for years. Statistics and polls and merch sales all drive the stories now.

Funny part that reva was pouring her heart out to obi bout how she felt left alone when anakin killed her family and how obi was no where to be found during the order 66.

Thought that hes finally gonna protect her this time around and pop out of the shadow or jump out of the ship when vaders bout to gut her, but no Lol, he left her again lmao 🤣

latest ep:

The good:
Nice to see flashbacks to AOTC era, had some actual lightsaber choreography involved

More purge trooper shots, great design, wish they get more to do that makes seem more dangerous than an ordinary stormtrooper

Vader playing with 3rd sister was entertaining, done with such ease. I actually thought he was about to behead Reva like Dooku for a moment (would have been a great call back)

The bad:
Still with the shaky cam even in dialogue scenes like it was filmed by a drunk guy with a handheld camera. gives it that cheap tv feeling.

Action scenes during the attack poorly choreographed (like that episode of BOBF where everyone just stood above cover shooting and not being hit.

Vader pulling down and ripping open a ship only to forget to do so when next one takes off. Same problem with Vader in episode 3 when he easily put out flames but forgot to do it again moments later.

The ugly:
Hayden and McGregor (mainly Hayden) look older in their AOTC scene which is forgivable but Disney totally could have done better de-aging them

CGI of the ship being pulled down looked like video game graphics. It felt very fake.

The good guys have such bland, generic costumes. I would love to see good guys with something like uniforms for once.

Bonus: The Stupid:
Bails message to his possibly dead or captured ally's cellphone: "I am afraid you are dead or have been caught so I am just gonna lay out the plan to go protect the very important people on Tatooine whom I will also conveniently name rather than use any codeword for. I really hope no one other than you sees this message, that could end badly, especially if some inquisitor who knows the name of our ally because she coincidentally asked his name when she previously threatened to kill him were to see this message. Anyway, toodaloo!"

Bringing a huge blaster canon that needs reloading each shot and that can only dent these doors that a lightsaber can slice through with ease, and relying on said canon for who knows how long before finally deciding to use the lightsaber that was right there to cut the door. Big brain.

10 year old princess somehow knows how to fix complex electronics. guess she could have fixed Lola herself.

Bomus 2: the perplexing:
Revas plan made no logical sense given all the actions taken previously. Why did she wait for Obi to escape to attack Vader?

Vaders plan didn't make sense. Why keep Reva around when you know she is trying to kill you. It seems he didn't actually need her and neither did grand inquisitor, she simply kept causing them problems.

Overall, a better episode than the last but not by much. Very weak writing still plagues the series but most will ignore that because flashbacks and Vader badass

Finally, at last and about time too, this show starts getting down to brass tacks.

Heh, G.I. survived and we all knew he did. He's growing on me, that guy is.

A pretty episode and nostalgic in a way, even if Reeeeeevvvaaa's arc is way predictable. LOL at all people everywhere, at any time who think they are going to duel Vader and get away with it. Not happening.

Leia is still annoying, lol at ten-year-old electronics experts.

Back