**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Qui Gon got stabbed through the heart basically. Inquisitor only through the stomach.

Vader's done all sorts of stuff like this in comics and books, he left her alive for a reason.
If someone had a 1-2" diameter laser passed through their heart, they would be killed instantly. Qui-Gon lays there for a couple of minutes... then has words with OWK. :dunno

Meh... I am far less enamored with this episode than many others here.

It made no sense, and felt very much like filler. Vader is more like a cosplayer than previous. Ice Cube is so out of this universe. Vader pulling a "Rey". Reva crumbling to memories long suppressed. Rushed and meaningless.

And so the Master Plan was to let GI die so Reva could enact her kidnapping to lure Kenobi out? I guess the Grand Inquisitor is lucky they all had so much foresight to know Reva wouldn't hack off his head instead.

This show feels like some sort of "Star Wars Boot Camp" for young Disney writers to practice on before going out into the real world.

But the damage has already been done... when Vader becomes increasing uninteresting, there is a major problem.

The sets are really bad too. I used to think the volume was a fantastic concept but the more they use it, the less impressed I am. I think you need a really skilled director and cinematographer to make that work which Mando mostly had. The way this is currently shot feels like a CW DC show at times, with constant shaky cam to boot. I think that contradicts the supposedly 'epic' story being told. You have Kenobi and Vader and you put them in these sets? Stranger Things coming out at the same time has really made this look cheap imo.

I really wish we could have seen the movie version of this where the production work is just far better.

The sets are really bad too. I used to think the volume was a fantastic concept but the more they use it, the less impressed I am. I think you need a really skilled director and cinematographer to make that work which Mando mostly had. The way this is currently shot feels like a CW DC show at times, with constant shaky cam to boot. I think that contradicts the supposedly 'epic' story being told. You have Kenobi and Vader and you put them in these sets? Stranger Things coming out at the same time has really made this look cheap imo.

I really wish we could have seen the movie version of this where the production work is just far better.
Chow has nothing on Faveru

As always, any tool can be amazing in the right hands, but Disney seem to be cutting corners a lot, so an amazing innovation like the volume winds up looking bad. Sigh.

At least the new lit lightsabers do a great job of lighting characters and surroundings realistically, and the live action clone costumes looked great especially with the lightabers light reflecting off them. Some small bright spots in a visual disappointment.

Overall, 5 episodes in I can confidently say the show is a failure, which is sad since it had so much promise and they brought back Ewan, Hayden and Joel. This series is a disservice to them. Joel's few scenes were great, I would have loved a show centered around him and Ewan, something small stakes. Vader and the inquisitors could have still been in the show as part of a separate plot line. The two stories could have run in parallel with Vader hunting down the remaining jedi and just wiping them out while Kenobi and Owen are protecting Luke from local threats. The tragedy and the hope. The yin and the yang.

Instead we got angry shouty lady, inconsistent Vader, weak Kenobi and super child Leia. Sigh.

Chow has nothing on Faveru
I was one of those who was really excited when I heard Debora would be directing. She did the best episodes of Mando so I thought that would carry over. Now I wonder how much of those episodes being good was down to her.

Either
A: she is a great director but somehow time constraints or other issues (maybe studio meddling of some sort?) caused her work on Kenobi to be sub par. Maybe the editor took the worst footage for the final edit.

B: she is a bad director and was not responsible for the mando episodes being great, they were great despite her because someone like Favreau was really doing the work (she directed in name only) or

C: she is an average director who just somehow got it right on mando due to the material she had to work with and got it wrong on Kenobi maybe because she didn't care as much or was out of depth.

No idea which.

The ship escape part made absolutely zero sense. There's a difference between suspension of disbelief and throwing all logic out the window.

I was one of those who was really excited when I heard Debora would be directing. She did the best episodes of Mando so I thought that would carry over. Now I wonder how much of those episodes being good was down to her.

Either
A: she is a great director but somehow time constraints or other issues (maybe studio meddling of some sort?) caused her work on Kenobi to be sub par. Maybe the editor took the worst footage for the final edit.

B: she is a bad director and was not responsible for the mando episodes being great, they were great despite her because someone like Favreau was really doing the work (she directed in name only) or

C: she is an average director who just somehow got it right on mando due to the material she had to work with and got it wrong on Kenobi maybe because she didn't care as much or was out of depth.

No idea which.
I would go with C. Remember Favreau directed IM and IM2..he has experience with major projects

Like Reva, Chow was rewarded for her minor excellence with a full show... and she failed. I imagine she's on the floor right now with a hole in her stomach, knowing her future will be one or two episodes lost within another person's series.

The ship escape part made absolutely zero sense. There's a difference between suspension of disbelief and throwing all logic out the window.
Theme of the Disney trilogy, BOBF and Kenobi there. Throwing all logic out the window.

It seems to be the way of most modern entertainment. We are told to just shut up, turn off our brains and enjoy. That is not the correct way entertainment is supposed to be. It is supposed to be enjoyable if you have your brain switched off and even more enjoyable if you have it switched on. Instead we are required to not think about things in order to enjoy low quality trash. We are told it is good because it is labelled star wars. Deep sigh.

If you think it's bad now, just wait until The Book of Babu Frik.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I'd prefer to watch a show about Babu Frik then to continue watching Disney defile the cherished characters of my youth for their own financial gain.

Babu Frik can do no wrong.
This I completely agree with. Their insistence with continuing to bring up the characters we love just to tear them down is insane to me. Send the story 1000 years in the past or the future where none of this matters please, make your own story and your own characters. Maybe I'll appreciate it more when I don't feel like the set up for the original Star Wars movie is constantly being threatened. Din and Grogu are not legacy characters and they're by far the most interesting tandem Star Wars has created under anyone other than Lucas.

I'd prefer to watch a show about Babu Frik then to continue watching Disney defile the cherished characters of my youth for their own financial gain.

Babu Frik can do no wrong.

There's still a few OT characters that Disney hasn't yet defiled/killed off yet, who might show up as comedy fodder in The Book of Babu Frik.

:monkey3

Back