**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the episodes were fine but I don't like Leia's actress. She's giving a Jake Lloyd level performance. She looks like she's 7-8 and not 10 and I think that hurt in her acting ability and definitely the chase scenes.

Other than that they were fine, I'm not blown away by anything yet.

So pretty happy with Kenobi so far. But do agree Ep2 had parts of Disney+ vibe. I mean I get Leia needing to be headstrong etc. But Obi Wan walking around with no head cover was pretty ridiculous.

But the ending redeemed it for sure. Obi-Wan's got to be a bit rusty with the lightsaber after 10 years. I hope they show him at least practicing his skills a bit at some point before any real fight. But they probably won't.....

This sounds about exactly how I figured it would be... :slap

I feel like you guys enjoy torturing yourselves.. :lol

So, it sounds like the plot leaks were pretty spot on... Were they accurate for Eps 1&2 so far?

Some people said they loved it!

The masochist in me is starting to look forward to part two, because it's apparently not as good as part one. :drool

I was hoping this would be a great series that unified the fandom. Universally loved. Views seem a little too mixed for it to do that. Shame. The fandom needs good Star Wars again.

I thought the episodes were fine but I don't like Leia's actress. She's giving a Jake Lloyd level performance. She looks like she's 7-8 and not 10 and I think that hurt in her acting ability and definitely the chase scenes.

Other than that they were fine, I'm not blown away by anything yet.
Her acting is great for her age way better than JL.

Her acting is not the problem it’s the Leia sass the script is forcing on her.

It works sometimes but other times it seems forced especially during
Spoiler Spoiler:

I was hoping this would be a great series that unified the fandom. Universally loved. Views seem a little too mixed for it to do that. Shame. The fandom needs good Star Wars again.

The story of Star Wars fandom is the story of many cults.

I'm a purist, always in search of the '70s and '80s vision.

I can never get over how Lucas fell "from the purer faith" in 1999. But he garnered a new fandom who love that newer vision.

The story of Star Wars fandom is the story of many cults.

I'm a purist, always in search of the '70s and '80s vision.

I can never get over how Lucas fell "from the purer faith" in 1999. But he garnered a new fandom who love that newer vision.
True but I suppose I was hoping for something like The Mandalorian. Sure not everyone liked it, but it seemed to be liked by most. Brought the fandom together somewhat after the ST.
This show, so far, looks to be yet more devisive Star Wars.

Bloody hell, all these negative conclusions after only 2 out of 6 episodes and less than 24 hours (with some conclusions coming from people who have not even watched those 2 episodes yet!).

At least you are consistent 😆

Last edited:
Eps were good. Young Leia actress is quite good for her age. Jake Lloyd level performance? Give me a ******* break. 3rd Sister was less annoying than I feared. Actress is good. Hope they explain how the heck she knows Vader & Anakin are one/same. I doubt her job would give her access to that info, but you never know. She's a pretty ambitious character.

They did 4-LOM dirty; it was cool to see him, but I wished he was a tad more epic in the fight.

True but I suppose I was hoping for something like The Mandalorian. Sure not everyone liked it, but it seemed to be liked by most. Brought the fandom together somewhat after the ST.
This show, so far, looks to be yet more devisive Star Wars.

The Mandalorian is about as perfect as we could hope for. I'm just as surprised when people say they didn't like it, as I am when people say they like the PT or ST.

Star Wars isn't a single entity, but a buffet you can pick at.

The problem is that everything is interlinked, so things leech over between the different visions. The longer Star Wars exists, the further the virus spreads.

Two episodes done. Best part? Opening scene of the first. We need more flashbacks and clones.

Let’s see how it evolves. A bit too many jump loops, not too sure about that one enemy. A bit whiney, like Anakin.

Have one question… Why the h**l did they kill off one of the bad guys right away? Was one of the more interesting characters going into this series. Whining one just had to do it.
Did they though? If Darth Maul can survive getting cut in half, I think there's a good chance we haven't seen the last of him. That said we don't have an abundance of episodes, so they're going to have to wade through the Inquisitors fairly quickly before we get to Vader.

Obviously they have to let us know Reva is SOOOO BAD that the other really bad guys disagree with her and then she has to
Spoiler Spoiler:

If we're comparing - or asking what people were hoping for/expecting...

Mando ep1.

Good intro to the character in the bar - establishes that he's not someone to **** with.
Good intro to "Apollo" and their relationship/what Mando does.
GREAT scene with Verner Herzong and setting up the "bounty."
Good scenes with "I have spoken."
Good scenes with IG, the battle and humor.
GREAT intro to the kid.

Fade out.

Not that hard. Just comes down to good writing. Something most current SW is sadly lacking.

Obviously they have to let us know Reva is SOOOO BAD that the other really bad guys disagree with her and then she has to
Spoiler Spoiler:
I'm likely not the only one wondering if
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:
The Grand Inquisitor was a Jedi Temple Guard, the Fifth Brother also used to be a Jedi.

Spoiler Spoiler:
That would be way better than just
Spoiler Spoiler:
lol

The Mandalorian is about as perfect as we could hope for. I'm just as surprised when people say they didn't like it, as I am when people say they like the PT or ST.

Star Wars isn't a single entity, but a buffet you can pick at.

The problem is that everything is interlinked, so things leech over between the different visions. The longer Star Wars exists, the further the virus spreads.

I used to love all Star Wars once. Then I had to pick the bits I liked.
It's been slim pickings lately.
Now I'm just tired of it.
I think I've gone as far as I can with Star Wars.

Back