**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That first episode is a whole bunch of nothing that adds nothing to the story and was clearly written by people that have never interacted with children before; the scene when they're chasing "the" 10 year old girl, was embarrassingly bad - right up there with the stupid Power Rangers chase in BOBF.
:slap
I hope it turns around because that was a weak opener.

The only good bit was "the" girl putting her cousin back in his place.

Just get to the fan service fight already I don't need anything else from this.

That first episode is a whole bunch of nothing that adds nothing to the story and was clearly written by people that have never interacted with children before; the scene when they're chasing "the" 10 year old girl, was embarrassingly bad - right up there with the stupid Power Rangers chase in BOBF.
:slap
I hope it turns around because that was a weak opener.

The only good bit was "the" girl putting her cousin back in his place.

That bit with "Flea" chasing little Leia through the forest was indeed laughably bad.

Just to bring a bit of balance to what I can see becoming an ever increasingly negative "my childhood is ruined" winge fest, I must say really liked it. Wasn't perfect, but come on, neither is the OT (although still much better). Nice little cameo from the homeless guy too.

Two episodes done. Best part? Opening scene of the first. We need more flashbacks and clones.

Let’s see how it evolves. A bit too many jump loops, not too sure about that one enemy. A bit whiney, like Anakin.

Have one question… Why the h**l did they kill off one of the bad guys right away? Was one of the more interesting characters going into this series. Whining one just had to do it.

Just finished episode 2. I think it's an overall good start. Some weak points but nothing major IMO. It's got me hooked so far. Nowhere near as bad as BOBF, and maybe just a tad behind Mando's first 2 episodes IMO.

Watched both eps this morning. It's okay, not a patch on Mando but that's perhaps a trifle unfair given the standard that show set. Stinger at the end of 2nd ep was cool. Chase scene in first ep was stupid. Whoever they got for Reva is trying way too hard to be threatening, she's just laughably corny as a result.

OMG... there are so many WTF moments in episode 2, it's ridiculous.

The mock Jedi and his forced humour was inane and juvenile.
Another chase with Leia - one shot she literally runs right past Obi and he doesn't grab her.
Reva (I think that's her name) doing pointless parkour moves (that slow her down) while running on the rooftops.
The bit when Obi is trying to catch Leia - Ewan looks like he's trying to push out a ****.
"If I'd known what you were" made me laugh out loud. What? So now all of a sudden you're not going to be a low-life conman because he's a Jedi???? :ROFLMAO:
Flea's acting - or lack thereof.
"You're no Jedi, but you know where one is" So she can sense that, but couldn't sense Obi standing 20 feet from her in episode 1???????????
Reva's on the nose exposition about Vader.
It's been 10 years. 10 years! And Obi-Wan has never heard that Vader still lives????? Has Vader been in the bacta tank for 10 years? Has he not been standing next to Tarkin and the Emperor flexing his muscle across the galaxy? WHAT. THE. COMPLETE. ****?????
The cheap-ass looking sets.

There's interesting story elements, but the execution is lame.

I loved the music for this.
Ep1 was great,and there is some good acting in there between Owen and Ben.
Nice to see Tem reprising his role as a Clone.
I actually thought Leia was cool,and I liked the scenes she had with Bail.
Grand Inquisitor was great and I liked his portrayal.
Opening scene was fantastic BUT I can foresee it now-Reva was the Padawan wearing the brown shirt in that opening scene inbetween all the other Padawans,who later says "we run".
If the rumours are true,this will be the Reva story,and we all know who will eventually execute her.

OMG... there are so many WTF moments in episode 2, it's ridiculous.

It's been 10 years. 10 years! And Obi-Wan has never heard that Vader still lives????? Has Vader been in the bacta tank for 10 years? Has he not been standing next to Tarkin and the Emperor flexing his muscle across the galaxy? WHAT. THE. COMPLETE. ****?????

There's interesting story elements, but the execution is lame.

I mean they do explicitly show that Obi-Wan has become a recluse and has completely cut himself off in the 10 years following the fall of the Jedi Order in "Revenge of the Sith". The Empire has had no real presence on Tatooine until now. So it fits that Obi-Wan has no awareness of what is going on beyond Tatooine during this time.

Just to bring a bit of balance to what I can see becoming an ever increasingly negative "my childhood is ruined" winge fest, I must say really liked it. Wasn't perfect, but come on, neither is the OT (although still much better). Nice little cameo from the homeless guy too.
Personally, I don't buy into any of the "it ruined my childhood" crap. That's just idiotic.
People that don't like the PT, OT, or ST can just stick with whatever ones they like.
I judge everything on its own merit. Is it good, bad, average, okay. Does it evolve the stories that it's based on? Has the script been written with any level of logic based on the world it's in, or is it just bells and whistles and pretty flashing lights.
And if it's bad, or average, I'm going to call it - regardless of whether it has a Star Wars logo on it.

I mean they do explicitly show that Obi-Wan has become a recluse and has completely cut himself off in the 10 years following the fall of the Jedi Order in "Revenge of the Sith". The Empire has had no real presence on Tatooine until now. So it fits that Obi-Wan has no awareness of what is going on beyond Tatooine during this time.
He stills goes into town and his work place? If the Empires is as bad and overpowering as they're made out to be, and Vader is the worst of all, surely he'd hear about his existence after 10 years?
And remember, Tatooine celebrated pretty quickly when the Empire fell at the end of ROTJ. :ROFLMAO:

12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Back