**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He stills goes into town and his work place? If the Empires is as bad and overpowering as they're made out to be, and Vader is the worst of all, surely he'd hear about his existence after 10 years?
And remember, Tatooine celebrated pretty quickly when the Empire fell at the end of ROTJ. :ROFLMAO:

I'm talking about the presence of the Empire on Tatooine (a backwater planet in the Outer Rim with little to no significance to the Empire) and Obi-Wan's isolation at this point in the story.

ROTJ is 13 years after this show. The Empire only goes to Tatooine in ANH because the droids' escape pod crash lands there. It doesn't appear to be a planet that the Empire would otherwise bother with.

Last edited:
From the high ground recap to a black female character named Sista to someone's agent's son playing the Jedi-with-target-on-forehead to the Monty Python-esque Tatooine scenes to the Wakanderaan lil'Leia kidnap scenes, OMG we have another Disney+ winner. :yess:
Amazingly a short 10 year old girl can outrun grown men... twice...

From the high ground recap to a black female character named Sista to someone's agent's son playing the Jedi-with-target-on-forehead to the Monty Python-esque Tatooine scenes to the Wakanderaan lil'Leia kidnap scenes, OMG we have another Disney+ winner. :yess:

red-dwarf-kryten.gif

:lol

Yeah, the Leia chases were kind of silly, but otherwise I thought this was a really great start. The cinematography feels much more Star Wars than BOBF ever did, Tatooine felt like Tatooine, Owen was great, Ewan is really great and I thought the Inquisitors were good as well. I'm not sure what some of you want or expect from these shows but for me this delivered some entertaining Star Wars content that I'm excited to see through. Perfect? No. The only perfect Star Wars is The Empire Strikes Back.

I watched the first part in full.

Ugh.

What a lot of poodoo.

Harrible, harrible, harrible.

Kryten, Toenail and Sister were utterly ludicrous.

It has the stench of PT era Lucas all over it. :yuck

TBOBF was a lot more fun than this and was even less ridiculous.

I know Star Wars was written for children, but just how young are the children they wrote this for?

The 2
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
How dare you have enjoyed it! You call yourself a Star Wars fan?!

I also thought the first episode was superb, just about to watch the second.

EDIT: The 2nd episode did feel very Disney+ at times tbf (even The Mandalorian suffers from that at times). The last 10 minutes were fire though, apart from a break from canon that really needs to be explained.
I know, I forgot I'm supposed to dislike SW here lol

The second episode was definitely weaker, Reva is already getting a bit annoying and predictable and I probably could of done without Nanjiani's character.

The second episode was definitely weaker, Reva is already getting a bit annoying and predictable and I probably could of done without Nanjiani's character.

It gets worse???

giphy.gif

I almost want to watch it now, just to fact check that statement. :lol

I imagined Ewan carefully packing his Alec Guinness accent, squinting at his phone banking to see the $7m payment cleared, watching his "2002 Ewan laughs at AOTC title reveal" on YT one last time... then slowly heading out to the Disney town car waiting outside.

He had, by then, of course already read the script. :(

I'll say one thing, Ewan's acting has improved since his Plan 9 from Outer Space effort in the PT.

Alec Guinness despaired of the script he was given, but he was such a skilful actor that he managed to deliver the lines with great sincerity.

Ewan just couldn't bring that level when he had to tackle even worse lines during the PT. Hence I never believed in him as a younger Obi-Wan. In this series there were moments I could actually see it though.

If someone is just wanting to know if the show is better than BOBF then the answer is simply YES….yes it is.

But what isn’t better than BOBF.

But it's nowhere near as much fun.

When something's bad, fun is sometimes all you have left to look for.

O-W K is as dry as Tatooine, except for the comic relief of the Spanish Inquisition.

But it's nowhere near as much fun.

When something's bad, fun is sometimes all you have left to look for.

O-W K is as dry as Tatooine, except for the comic relief of the Spanish Inquisition.
The head inquisitor guy was actually very very good but of course they had to go political
Spoiler Spoiler:

The first episode was brilliant and the second episode was great as well. The last few minutes of Part II makes the wait for Part III painful.

I wish I was this excited for the next episode like this during the BoBF.

Ewan was a highlight of the prequels he's become such a tremendous actor, the small facial reactions and things he does, the guy is such a talent, his performance in Fargo Season 3 is one of my favorites he's done. His reaction to seeing the homeless 501st clone veteran was a mixture of pity, and fear, all in such a small 10 second scene.

That scene was heartbreaking. I saw the armor blurred out behind him, recognized it immediately, and pointed it out to my wife before the renew. It was very sad but important to include.

The Rise of Empire era has always been one of my favorites, and the show has nailed the look and feel built up in Rogue One, Fallen Order, Solo, Rebels, The Bad Batch, and the comics while incorporating the shine n’ grime aesthetics of the PT and TCW.

I think the show will serve as an excellent bridge between the PT and OT. It is very PT heavy though, and probably closer in feel to the PT than some folks may have wanted.

It genuinely reads like Episode III.5 but with a stronger director for the actors. One of the best parts has been Ewan, Hayden, the other PT actors, characters, and setting all getting another shot to fully shine in live action Star Wars.

I feel the show strikes a particular chord for people like my wife and I that cherish the OT and went on a bit of a journey with the PT. Going from liking the PT when we were younger, to being a bit disappointed in it as we got older, then appreciating it more with TCW, and now fully embracing it after everything that’s happened.

There are things I thought could’ve been handled better, but we really like most of what we’ve seen so far and look forward to the next episode.

Last edited:
The head inquisitor guy was actually very very good but of course they had to go political
Spoiler Spoiler:

It was a metaphor for Star Wars, in the gutter looking up at the stars on and off since 1999. Just as it starts circling the drain something like Rogue One or The Mandalorian comes and saves it.

After TBOBF it would be poetic if Obi-Wan could save it. But I hear the second episode is worse, so it might be down to Andor to save Kenobi.

This sounds about exactly how I figured it would be... :slap

I feel like you guys enjoy torturing yourselves.. :lol

So, it sounds like the plot leaks were pretty spot on... Were they accurate for Eps 1&2 so far?

Back