**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will have none of this crazy talk that George is anything but a great director...

5u5wry.jpg

Lucas ruined that before the PT was done. Dooku (an 'apprentice' himself) had many "apprentices" -- Asajj, Grievous, etc...
Lucas ruined all of it lol. Everything means nothing. The ignoring of Legends EU material proves that.

Plus Georgie had his tiers. A tier is movies and supercedes everything. Then tv shows then books, games, etc.

Last edited:
Because as I said the OT:SE is already tainted and separate from the "real" OT so it isn't some sacred thing for me. Maclunkey, Jabba, Ben's weird Michael Jackson scream and so on make it a goofy mixed bag just like the PT so if some new Disney+ series adds something that makes the PT/OT:SE better overall then I'm not going to have a problem with it.

The way I see it George took ANH and by reimagining it for the sake of the PT he took a perfect 10 film and dropped it to a 7.5 in order for it to sync up with the 5.0 prequels. Now if Disney adds something that elevates the PT from a 5.0 to say a 6.5 while dropping ANH down to a 7.25 then I'm not going to complain since it's still a net positive result. Obviously if Obi-Wan comes out and it just makes everything stupid or makes ROTS .0001 cooler while dropping ANH down another full point or two then yeah I'll dismiss it just like you. But until that happens I'm curious to see what they might achieve.

After bitching and moaning about LFL tampering with the opening scroll of ANH or Han Solo's backstory and then being blown away by the results I've learned to keep a more open mind on these things.
Well, at least I understand your logic better. I can't say that I concur with it, but that's okay. I appreciate the clarification.

BTW, reading "Ben's weird Michael Jackson scream" cracked me up. :lol

Disney is going to have Obi and Vader playing chess matches like Magneto and Xavier in every X Men film.
This post amused me enough that I had to make it happen. After their upcoming duel ends in a stalemate, a scene like this can be used to smoothly retcon Vader's ANH dialogue. Everybody wins. :lol

SureWhyNot.jpg

Abrams featured the Dejarik board in both his SW films. Along with Solo, that makes the Dejarik board second only to Anthony Daniels in number of SW appearances. (Okay, I made that last bit up)

I hope there are 4 lightsaber fights between ObiWan and Vader in the first 4 episodes.

6 episodes still leaves 2 more episodes for more lightsaber battles to break out between them lol

Last edited:
Back