**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reason that none of that would bother me is because I already have multiple canons including but not limited to:

1. Theatrical OT with no PT
2. OT:SE with PT.

My "OT with no PT" canon can never and will never be tainted by anything they tack on to the PT going forward since I completely dismiss it all. But my "OT:SE with PT" canon? Sure if they want to add something that makes certain PT elements cooler then have at it since the OT:SE is already permanently tainted by it's association and conformance to the PT anyway.
If the OT:SE is the heart/core of whichever sub-canon you'd put this Kenobi show into, then why would you want that version of ANH to be diminished further for the sake of a PT that you already accept? Even if it's already tainted relative to the theatrical OT (we agree), why do you want *any* version of an OT movie to be crapped on more?

They can make a show about Ewan's Kenobi to better bridge the PT with the already-tainted OT:SE *without* trampling on the ANH Death Star scene where betrayed master and former pupil confront each other for the first time. Rooting for a Vader/Kenobi duel prior to ANH for any reason other than "it'd be cool" is what I'm not able to wrap my head around. That ANH duel gets watered down as a result, and with it so much of the story/thematic value.

It makes more sense to me to watch this show the way I watch every Terminator sequel after T2. Hoping some element of it is entertaining, but knowing all the while that it in no way, shape, or form will it be considered part of the same story as the originals.

At some point, the OT needs to stop being trampled on just to prop up newer crap.

Not sure if I am really down with Vader showing up/being in the Obi-Wan series. Seeing a fight between Vader & Obi in their prime (like the RO scene) is like a diehard Vader fantasy come true, but not if it ruins the story. Not sure I would want it if it were to sour the OT.

Buuuuut, that would also hopefully mean some new awesome Vader collectibles to buy!! :yess: I am a Vader whore when it comes to content and collectibles. Still mad SS never went forward with and released their teased 1/6th McQuarrie Vader figure. It probably would've been overpriced and another underwhelming SS piece (when compared to HT 1/6th figures), but I would've bought it none the less with a big happy grin on my face.

I am so torn on this news of Hayden being with Ewan in Obi-Wan...:dunno

If the OT:SE is the heart/core of whichever sub-canon you'd put this Kenobi show into, then why would you want that version of ANH to be diminished further for the sake of a PT that you already accept?
Because as I said the OT:SE is already tainted and separate from the "real" OT so it isn't some sacred thing for me. Maclunkey, Jabba, Ben's weird Michael Jackson scream and so on make it a goofy mixed bag just like the PT so if some new Disney+ series adds something that makes the PT/OT:SE better overall then I'm not going to have a problem with it.

The way I see it George took ANH and by reimagining it for the sake of the PT he took a perfect 10 film and dropped it to a 7.5 in order for it to sync up with the 5.0 prequels. Now if Disney adds something that elevates the PT from a 5.0 to say a 6.5 while dropping ANH down to a 7.25 then I'm not going to complain since it's still a net positive result. Obviously if Obi-Wan comes out and it just makes everything stupid or makes ROTS .0001 cooler while dropping ANH down another full point or two then yeah I'll dismiss it just like you. But until that happens I'm curious to see what they might achieve.

After bitching and moaning about LFL tampering with the opening scroll of ANH or Han Solo's backstory and then being blown away by the results I've learned to keep a more open mind on these things.

Not sure if I am really down with Vader showing up/being in the Obi-Wan series. Seeing a fight between Vader & Obi in their prime (like the RO scene) is like a diehard Vader fantasy come true, but not if it ruins the story. Not sure I would want it if it were to sour the OT.

Buuuuut, that would also hopefully mean some new awesome Vader collectibles to buy!! :yess: I am a Vader whore when it comes to content and collectibles. Still mad SS never went forward with and released their teased 1/6th McQuarrie Vader figure. It probably would've been overpriced and another underwhelming SS piece (when compared to HT 1/6th figures), but I would've bought it none the less with a big happy grin on my face.

I am so torn on this news of Hayden being with Ewan in Obi-Wan...:dunno
To be fair he never says when he last saw Kenobi in ANH, he never finishes what he was about to say; "I sense something, a precense I haven't felt since..."
Since what? When? Where? Sure now after ROTS you can assume he meant Mustafar, but even the 10 years between the Kenobi series and ANH is still a long enough time.

What's wrong with Hayden being in it? He is Anakin. I'm sure JEJ will still be doing the voice anyway.

But bring on more Vader dollies, I want a real battle damaged Vader.

To be fair he never says when he last saw Kenobi in ANH, he never finishes what he was about to say; "I sense something, a precense I haven't felt since..."
Since what? When? Where? Sure now after ROTS you can assume he meant Mustafar, but even the 10 years between the Kenobi series and ANH is still a long enough time.

What's wrong with Hayden being in it? He is Anakin. I'm sure JEJ will still be doing the voice anyway.

But bring on more Vader dollies, I want a real battle damaged Vader.
Hopefully that's the case but he's 90 years old now so his participation/continued availability is anything but a certainty. This is a limited series, right?

Last edited:
Darth Vader: I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner. Now, I am the master!
Ben Kenobi: Only a master of evil, Darth!
Darth Vader: Your powers are weak, old man.
Ben Kenobi: You cannot win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.
Darth Vader: You should not have come back.

The inquisitors will be an even bigger question mark.

images.jpeg

JEJ voice didn't sound so great in RO. I would think there's a lot of voice actors that could mimic a better, more viral Vader voice.
There are none, look at pretty much every Star Wars video game, the impersonations are all off from multiple actors.

I actually prefer his current voice.

There are none, look at pretty much every Star Wars video game, the impersonations are all off from multiple actors.

I actually prefer his current voice.

No I mean out in the real world, there's likely many. Like all the jokers that can do Yoda. Just because dumb games don't cast it right means nothing.

Lucas ruined that before the PT was done. Dooku (an 'apprentice' himself) had many "apprentices" -- Asajj, Grievous, etc...
Hell he even ruined it before *The Phantom Menace* was done. "Always two there are, no more, no less..."

And yet at the very moment Yoda said that there was only one, lol.

Back