**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
f that was Nu Trek a la 'Picard" --- that exchange would have gone *much* differently. :slap

62af4f46a5cfa724019729.gif

You're professing your opinion as fact. While I don't disagree that super charging Vader presents some challenges with the OT, the PT did that as well with the much more dynamic lightsaber duels. Star Wars has never been Citizen Kane. Empire is nearly perfect in my eyes and I'm perfectly happy re-watching that without thinking BoBF ruined my favorite character or enjoying Kenobi for what it is...a fairly shallow but entertaining opportunity to see Ewan and Hayden reprise characters that I enjoyed 20 years later.
This right here. Star Wars was never perfect. To ot fans yes but to people who didn’t grow up with those films they are just good movies. I love rots and it’s my favorite but I know it’s very cgi heavy with terrible dialogue.

If that was Nu Trek a la 'Picard" --- that exchange would have gone *much* differently. :slap
I had the same thought. For one thing Kirk would in no way be taken aback by the insult thrown at him because they would all talk like that aswell. And he'd probably respond with a ''go ***k yourself'' :lol

Eh... I actually enjoyed this last episode more than the others. It has its fair share of stupid moments, but I thought they was easier to stomach.
Regardless, I'm not really taking this show seriously. It's just something to fill an empty half hour.

Order 66 with practical clones sounded like a dream come true and yet here we are with three entire flashbacks now starting with Grogu and all they've done is triple down on it being this big child massacre instead of showing us what we actually wanted to see.
In episode 6 Anakin takes out the bad ass early childhood day care students!

Order 66 with practical clones sounded like a dream come true and yet here we are with three entire flashbacks now starting with Grogu and all they've done is triple down on it being this big child massacre instead of showing us what we actually wanted to see.

In episode 6 Anakin takes out the bad ass early childhood day care students!
If I recall correctly one of my hopes early in this thread was that they would dodge the whole killing the younglings thing altogether and allow people to pretend it hadn't happened in ROTS. Instead they went and made it a major story-point for this show :lol :slap

If I recall correctly one of my hopes early in this thread was that they would dodge the whole killing the younglings thing altogether and allow people to pretend it hadn't happened in ROTS. Instead they went and made it a major story-point for this show :lol :slap
I know! We were all hoping they'd give us an extended Jedi Council scene where clones rushed in after Anakin and actually did the killing or something but instead it's scene after scene of Anakin charging ahead of the clones to get as many kids as he could. :lol

:duh

I know! We were all hoping they'd give us an extended Jedi Council scene where clones rushed in after Anakin and actually did the killing or something but instead it's scene after scene of Anakin charging ahead of the clones to get as many kids as he could. :lol

:duh
He was so bad ass he couldn’t even kill kid Reva :slap

Boba stealing Slave I and then immediately burying it in the Sarlacc = Anakin going room to room in the Jedi Temple killing even more kids. :duh

I never thought I'd say this but I think Buffoon Fett actually comes out the bigger badass because at least his stupidity was against a much more worthy opponent. :slap

Indeed, that is the tragedy of it.
It's effing Obi Wan and Vader! How can you sit down to write and/or direct a series about two of the most iconic, beloved and legendary characters in cinema history and go for "good enough"?

The streaming era is about quantity over quality. Disney is simultaneously producing hundreds of hours of content across multiple franchises, instead of focusing on one big property at a time.

Back