**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
286014860_10227895385514213_2823121291535702500_n.jpg
Derpy Kenobi brother confirmed, lol.

Which is fine since the "only two" rule was a dumb retcon by George in the first place.

"Darth Vader, Lord of the Sith."

So if he was the second Sith out of two and the other Sith was his master then what exactly was he the lord of, lol.
THIS! LOL!!! I never thought of how GL screwed that up with his Retconing
Yep. Mando had a lot of bad episodes. Especial in the first season. With characters that felt right at him with the Holiday special (Peli Motto) as well as some other aliens that look like they would be more at home in a Star Trek series. Too much goofiness. Plus I did not get suckered in with cute baby Yoda :lol

I did enjoy the 2nd season much more. But it was a bit more series in tone but man the goofy characters and their Kid show humor was just too much at times.

Obi Wan is not perfect but it feels like SW but the tone and feel are much in line with what I like about SW.

This is not to say that I don't like Mando. Its got some great moments... But I think its a bit overrated.
They did the Benny Hill to Leia chase-- see 10 min mark. :lol

Also, I forgot the first thing Ben did when he was confronted with Vader was... run. In a very comedic long-shot on top of it.

:lol :lol :lol

Yep!!

It helps that Hayden has a good costume to wear this time around instead of the ugly ROTS Vader suit.
I respectfully disagree..at scenes he looked "drowned" in the new costume...the neck looks too wide and the cape placement is odd here. Should have made them more to Hayden spec.

Wandsticker-Star-Wars-Sith-Lord-Darth-Vader-STA208nhxZoGwGmQGlb_600x600.jpg

sorry man, but i adore my ROTS and still my fave Vader suit.

So aside from the plot holes , acting, filler episodes and retcon. And this is my issue with all these star wars/ disney is everything looks cheap compared to the movies.

Some things need to stay as they were intended big screen big buget. The desert scenes are so fake

So aside from the plot holes , acting, filler episodes and retcon. And this is my issue with all these star wars/ disney is everything looks cheap compared to the movies.

Some things need to stay as they were intended big screen big buget. The desert scenes are so fake
Ok hold on hold on hold on.

You want to talk about ugly may I remind everyone that most of the PT were filmed green screen at 1080p resolution!

How quickly we forget that many scenes in the Mandalorian especially season 2 looked way more cinematic than the PT!

Is their volume stage craft technology perfect of course not but is any new technology ever perfect but you can thank Lucasfilm for being front and center all the time when it comes to advancement just look at digital filming which eventually lead to the volume which will improve.

I was also not pleased with the ObiWan fight backdrop either but to just flat out say that Star Wars TV looks cheap is disingenuous.

I dislike KK, forced agendas spreadsheet story telling like the rest of you BUT just because it comes from them does it mean I automatically have to hate everything they do so that I can look like a cool anti-woke warrior lol

Last edited:
Ok hold on hold on hold on.

You want to talk about ugly may I remind everyone that most of the PT were filmed green screen at 1080p resolution!

How quickly we forget that many scenes in the Mandalorian especially season 2 looked way more cinematic than the PT!

Is their volume stage craft technology perfect of course not but is any new technology ever perfect but you can thank Lucasfilm for being front and center all the time when it comes to advancement just look at digital filming which eventually lead to the volume which will improve.

I was also not pleased with the ObiWan fight backdrop either but to just flat out say that Star Wars TV looks cheap is disingenuous.

I dislike KK, forced agendas spreadsheet story telling like the rest of you BUT just because it comes from them does it mean I automatically have to hate everything they do because that makes me look like a cool anti-woke warrior lol
I feel all the Disney shows have a "TV" look to them. Mando reminded me of watching shows on ABC when I was a kid. I can't put my finger on it but it was sound design and music as well as the look that make it feel that way.

Now ABC is owned by Disney so maybe there is something related there (I dont know how long Disney has owned ABC) but I would say that SW TV does have a cheap feel. Marvel shows have the same TV feel also.

Granted they are made for TV but I watch other shows and don't get that feeling. I did not think the first two seasons of Daredevil felt cheap but those where not Sci Fi shows.

Game of Thrones does not have that cheap feel. These shows should at least look as good as Game of Thrones.

I respectfully disagree..at scenes he looked "drowned" in the new costume...the neck looks too wide and the cape placement is odd here. Should have made them more to Hayden spec.

View attachment 581172

sorry man, but i adore my ROTS and still my fave Vader suit.

This is from the Obi-Wan series:
3819_DarthVader_40__26726.1654024611.jpg

I think the Obi Wan suit is way better. Never was a fan of the ROTS suit. The Helmet always looked off to me also.

I feel all the Disney shows have a "TV" look to them. Mando reminded me of watching shows on ABC when I was a kid. I can't put my finger on it but it was sound design and music as well as the look that make it feel that way.

Now ABC is owned by Disney so maybe there is something related there (I dont know how long Disney has owned ABC) but I would say that SW TV does have a cheap feel. Marvel shows have the same TV feel also.

Granted they are made for TV but I watch other shows and don't get that feeling. I did not think the first two seasons of Daredevil felt cheap but those where not Sci Fi shows.

Game of Thrones does not have that cheap feel. These shows should at least look as good as Game of Thrones.
The Peacemaker series feels like it's made for TV - when comparing it to The Suicide Squad.

This is from the Obi-Wan series:
3819_DarthVader_40__26726.1654024611.jpg
The Obi Vader suit is ANH version..which is accurately the point, even the chest box looks dull and basic just like in ANH and I guess the longer cod piece was added to mimic RO as well.

Last edited:
The Obi Vader suit is ANH version..which is accurately the point, even the chest box looks dull and basic just like in ANH
It’s 10 years before ANH he could wear a crimson helmet and matching gloves with 2 chest boxes and no inner robes if he wanted during this show it would have no impact what would be in his wardrobe 10 years from now.

Are you still wearing the same clothes you did 10 years ago?

*Looks in my closet….

:monkey4

Please disregard lol

Last edited:
So it’s interesting that Ms Marvel starts next week while Obi has four episodes to go.

I’m thinking why is D+ running a MCU and SW series at the same time :dunno

Back