**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it’s interesting that Ms Marvel starts next week while Obi has four episodes to go.

I’m thinking why is D+ running a MCU and SW series at the same time :dunno
To drive subscriptions!

I’m ready for 4 consecutive SW shows running every week because personally i’m getting really tired of Disney’s cheap ass 6 episode series spaced a year apart.

285349033_3112219552328150_663511902681972111_n.jpg

Too drive subscriptions!

I’m ready for 4 consecutive SW shows running every week because personally i’m getting really tired of Disney’s cheap ass 6 episode series.
Well it makes sense in a financial benefit giving we are now in summer , I guess they figured with school out for most , why not take advantage of getting more viewers and families watching D+ :lol

The problem so far with the series tying to this infamous Obi conversation moment is a bad reference..seems Luke is irreverent at this point of the show and there is no sign of Owen detesting the saber other than telling Obi to leave Luke alone. It’s really hard tying elements of ANH to this series..It’s just not working in some situations and IMO they tried too hard to create continuity with ANH but it’s just not messing well in certain areas..my assumption is the material used in ANH is just too old :chase

I’m hoping there is at least one more episode dealing with LUke and Owen in some capacity upcoming or Chow really blew it tying to huge moments of references and continuity withLuke’s life in ANH :eek:

Last edited:
"Your father wanted you to have this when you were old enough--at least I think that's what he was going to tell me before I abandoned your twin sister and fled into the inky blackness of night."
I have to wonder how Anakin was depicted in PT..you’d think he would (if he knew about Luke being born ) he would say ” Son ..this is mine..make your own freakin lightsaber “

Especially since the entirety of lightsaber lore post-OT has been centered around the importance of making your own.
Obviously Anakin dismissed the importance since he always got his sabers wrecked and moved onto to creating newer versions like it was no big deal

What about the Krayt Dragon episode? I thought that the feel of that one was definitely theater level quality.

Mando has come the closest to looking appropriate to today's TV audiences. The music always felt like a 70's TV show, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. When it looks like a 70's TV show then it is. BoBF looked way worse than Mando, and Kenobi looks worse than BoBF. And for Kenobi and Darth Vader to have the cheapest looking show is hard to forgive and forget. If you don't spend the money on those two, then who the hell does get the budget?

Everything on that cyberpunk world looked tight and cheap like a Burton film. The sands of wherever for the lightsaber duel looked like they shot it at a construction sight. No spectacle, no scope -- you know if it was a theatrical that fight would have been at blood-red sunset with deep backgrounds and long black shadows. The terrain where Ben and Leia are walking along is the ugliest "exotic locale" in any Star Wars, ever. It was just as ugly when Boba Fett fought the stormtroopers. In fact, the entire show is kind of... ugly. From costumes to sets to casting, almost everything is either off, cheap or downright ugly.

The only thing I will take from this show (so far) is Vader force-pulling a screaming Obi-Wan into the flames... and just watching him burn. I never even considered something that despicable for Darth Vader.

I definitely got "Fett on Tython" vibes for the terrain where Obi-Wan and Leia were walking across the countryside. Actually I found it to be even less "Star Wars-y" than the Fett episode. Everything about those scenes looked like they just drove a couple hours out of LA and were just wandering around the hills, complete with regular Earth roads which we've never seen on a desolate SW planet before due to everyone having speeders.

So true on Vader torturing Obi though.

Mando has come the closest to looking appropriate to today's TV audiences. The music always felt like a 70's TV show, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. When it looks like a 70's TV show then it is. BoBF looked way worse than Mando, and Kenobi looks worse than BoBF. And for Kenobi and Darth Vader to have the cheapest looking show is hard to forgive and forget. If you don't spend the money on those two, then who the hell does get the budget?

Everything on that cyberpunk world looked tight and cheap like a Burton film. The sands of wherever for the lightsaber duel looked like they shot it at a construction sight. No spectacle, no scope -- you know if it was a theatrical that fight would have been at blood-red sunset with deep backgrounds and long black shadows. The terrain where Ben and Leia are walking along is the ugliest "exotic locale" in any Star Wars, ever. It was just as ugly when Boba Fett fought the stormtroopers. In fact, the entire show is kind of... ugly. From costumes to sets to casting, almost everything is either off, cheap or downright ugly.

The only thing I will take from this show (so far) is Vader force-pulling a screaming Obi-Wan into the flames... and just watching him burn. I never even considered something that despicable for Darth Vader.
I think the Old western theme for Mandalorian is what worked for the show..It gave Faveru a base where the main character could have any kind of a plot in an episode that seems like a fresh and New concept while still entertaining because Mando is a loner traveling the galaxy which doesn’t tie into the lore of any SW cinematic trilogy. So pretty much there wasn’t any high expectations from the viewers coming into..Whatever story or visuals they decided to do in an episode either worked or it didn’t.

I definitely got "Fett on Tython" vibes for the terrain where Obi-Wan and Leia were walking across the countryside. Actually I found it to be even less "Star Wars-y" than the Fett episode. Everything about those scenes looked like they just drove a couple hours out of LA and were just wandering around the hills, complete with regular Earth roads which we've never seen on a desolate SW planet before due to everyone having speeders.

Going just outside of LA is exactly what they did -- if you've ever been to Burbank where Disney is all you have to do is look out past the buildings and all you see is hills and chaparral. It's like where every old TV western has ever been filmed. I'm surprised the Lone Ranger didn't gallop by in the background.

And good point about the 'dirt bike' roads. :lol

Definitely agree. But even Mando went to different places -- jungles, water, ice worlds, etc
with referencing what went wrong in BOBF, he stayed on Tantooine so the theme and flow of the series became stale .

I like that they are having Obi travel , but again, I think they are trying too hard making the series tie to references in the OT films. It feels forced at times

Back