**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pretty clear they had separated Luke and Leia and sent them to different planets to hide them from their father. They knew he was alive when they hid the twins.

ooops! That's right.

But didn't they directly say that if "the Emperor knew"... so they hid the kids because of Palpatine, right?

I mind. It lines up with the how things play out in ROTS and if you're willing to accept that he somehow never hears about Vader while he's on Tatooine for 10 years but it doesn't line up with the OT. That ROTJ Ghost of Obi-Wan dialogue is pretty clear they had separated Luke and Leia and sent them to different planets to hide them from their father. They knew he was alive when they hid the twins.
Actually didn't ROTJ Obi-Wan say that they knew that if the Emperor knew that Anakin had any offspring that they'd be a threat to him so they were kept safely anonymous?

I could be wrong but wasn't he just referring to keeping the twins hidden from Palpatine without any reference to them knowing that Anakin was also alive?

ooops! That's right.

But didn't they directly say that if "the Emperor knew"... so they hid the kids because of Palpatine, right?

Actually didn't ROTJ Obi-Wan say that they knew that if the Emperor knew that Anakin had any offspring that they'd be a threat to him so they were kept safely anonymous?

I could be wrong but wasn't he just referring to keeping the twins hidden from Palpatine without any reference to them knowing that Anakin was also alive?

''To protect you both from the Emperor you were hidden from your father when you were born. The Emperor knew, as I did, if Anakin were to have any offspring, they would be a threat to him. That is the reason why your sister remains safely anonymous.''

''To protect you both from the Emperor you were hidden from your father when you were born. The Emperor knew, as I did, if Anakin were to have any offspring, they would be a threat to him. That is the reason why your sister remains safely anonymous.''
Ah okay, thanks for clarifying. We'll I don't think that's too out of bounds for ROTJ Obi-Wan.

"Well technically you were hidden from your father...inadvertently when we hid you from Palpatine. Years later I learned that he was still alive. So what I told you was true, from a certain point of view."

;)

I'd like to preface this that I am not a fan of the Inquisitors so far in this show, however....
I dislike Reva and the other Inquisitors equally. There is nothing about them that even suggests "authentic SW" to me....they reek of fan-fic and derivative, lazy basic cable sci-fi.

I do think some form of them is a logical necessity in the Star Wars universe. People in this universe are naturally born with the ability to wield the Force. The Empire would be stupid to forgo either utilizing this to their advantage (like they do with Inquisitors) because these people can end up posing as a threat to the Empire.

That said, I do not like the implementation of the Inquisitors here so far. I agree with you, the design, dialog and acting here are cringe-inducing.

I'll always be old school about SW. Vader and Palpatine were the only Sith left. After Obi-Wan and Yoda died, Luke truly was the last Jedi. There weren't dozens of Jedi running around under the radar on the freaking "Underground Railroad" and you sure as **** can't just "turn off the Force."

I don't know... the fact that Vader's own children survived without him knowing about them makes me think it is also logical that such a large organization such as the Jedi will always have survivors that are unknown to the Empire even in such a galactic purge. These are trained fighters who know how to survive and avoid detection.

It's a part of you. It flows through you. Once you're open to it, there's no going back. You can suppress the effects a bit by controlling your FEELINGS, but you don't "turn it off" or "forget how to use it." You wouldn't strain like you're taking a giant **** just by catching a tiny girl in the air for the first time in ten years. Stupid.

I see using the Force kinda like riding a bike. You may be very good at it now, but your first pedal strokes will be wobbly if you haven't ridden one in over a decade.

Our brains tend to forget things we don't practice.

Even with handwriting. I mean, I grew up all my life learning how to write in school (we have those penmanship classes all the way from pre-school until I graduated high school) and now that pretty much 100% of my job is done paperless via computers, I have difficulty handwriting forms whenever I need to (my wife does this for me now too :lol). I can very well imagine someone being rusty after not using the Force for so long.

OK, so here's the QUESTION of the evening --

What is the most blatant and offensive lie or retcon is all the Star Wars movies?

Is it what ESB did to ANH Obi-Wan? The First Lie.

I see using the Force kinda like riding a bike. You may be very good at it now, but your first pedal strokes will be wobbly if you haven't ridden one in over a decade.

Our brains tend to forget things we don't practice.

So much for the ol' saying "just like riding a bike"!

What is the most blatant and offensive lie or retcon is all the Star Wars movies?

That was kinda justifiable. You wouldn't want to hit Luke with the truth about his father first up.

Personally I'm more annoyed how the DS plans weren't "beamed" to the Rebels in RO. Hand-delivery was a cynical device to let Vader cut down some fleet troopers.

But there's plenty of time for OWK to outdo that.

Personally I'm more annoyed how the DS plans weren't "beamed" to the Rebels in RO.
They were though. Jyn literally beamed the plans up to the Rebels from that giant dish on top of the tower.

The writers called out a real conundrum that they realized they were faced with when they studied ANH. Because at the beginning Leia is holding a disc, then Vader says the plans were beamed, then later after that Admiral Motti says they were stolen data tapes. Three different forms of media called out for the same set of plans in one movie.

So their solution was to have Jyn steal a data tape from the vault, then beam the data to the ship, then have it be extracted via disc. Pretty ingenious way to tie up that continuity IMO.

Luke and Leia being siblings ...hands down. You do not spend two movies LUSTING OVER and even KISSING your own sister!!

Even as a little kid I knew that was a huge load of BS.

Nothing else comes close.

I was kind of hoping when Obi-Wan was reading the wall where Jedi left notes behind that he'd read a funny one:

Ben: Kit Fisto is a... what? Call for a good time?

Leia: What is a Kit Fisto?

I'm very disappointed in myself that the old classic phone number on the bathroom wall gag didn't occur to me immediately while watching the show. Talk about a 70s/80s Easter egg.

For a hairy good time call Peli xxx 867 5309.

Last edited:
Blatant and offensive? In all honesty, besides obsessive SW nerds, who really gives a ****? :lol

4r02x58up9fi.gif

Yeah, the worst is Leia being the "other." That right there derailed the grand Saga that ANH and ESB was building to and SW has been in some degree of damage control ever since. Even if you don't like Rey she's a drop in the bucket that came way late in the game after countless damage had already been done.

But the sins of ROTJ tarnished perfection.

That's why I chuckle at the supposedly high and mighty notion of being an "OT purist." Purist of what? Childhood nostalgia maybe. Because once you include ROTJ you fully admit to eating horse**** and calling it lasagna just like the rest of us, lol.

Back