**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fact That Leia has become Obi’s sidekick is puzzling to say the least :eek: Or maybe Disney figured there has to be sidekick

Also I’m the only one that feels like Luke has become an after thought so far in this series :(
Praise the maker! His character was whiny enough in ANH - I can only imagine how annoying he'd be at this point in time. This Leia is already more mature than Luke was in ANH. :lol

Not to mention Leia had zero interaction with Obi Wan in ANH..I guess Chow forgot about Carrie having no scenes together with Alec :lecture

And poor Luke misses all these adventures …no wonder Luke is so bitter about being on the farm in ANH :unsure:
That's part of what has made their scenes together enjoyable, not to mention less problematic - the only canon they need to worry about is the message Leia recorded for him with R2. And hell, Lucas himself conveniently "forgot" more things from earlier installments than all other SW directors combined. :lol

I think Vader needs to go on a little diet...

View attachment 580857

His helmet is starting to look like a bob. Edna Mode.
The ESB is where they decided to refine the Vader costume. This is supposed to be pre ANH were the armor and mask were very muted in appearance as well as the colors being very dull and worn out and not really form fitted , so I say they did a good enough job making a pre ANH Vader

The ESB is where they decided to refine the Vader costume. This is supposed to be pre ANH were the armor and mask were very muted in appearance as well as the colors being very dull and worn out and not really form fitted , so I say they did a good enough job making a pre ANH Vader

I wish they thought it through as much as you or I would.

I feel like they just went with "fan favorite" costume -- ESB armor (no tunic over), ANH chest box but with ESB light-up function, the cool ANH gloves, etc.

I don't mind Obi-Wan not knowing that Anakin was alive but I'm annoyed that Reva knows Vader's real identity. Why would he tell her?

After ROTS only Palpatine, Obi-Wan and Yoda knew the truth.

The only plausible explanation I see for her knowing who he is would be if Young Reva witnessed Anakin killing Jedi first hand in the temple and overheard either a Clone or Palpatine's hologram referring to him as Lord Vader.

The only plausible explanation I see for her knowing who he is would be if Young Reva witnessed Anakin killing Jedi first hand in the temple and overheard either a Clone or Palpatine's hologram referring to him as Lord Vader.

Reva also works for Vader. Over the years, perhaps she just "felt" it. Or, since she also knows that Vader is obsessed with finding Obi-Wan, maybe she just put two-and-two together.

Or worse, Vader told her.

I don't mind Obi-Wan not knowing that Anakin was alive but I'm annoyed that Reva knows Vader's real identity. Why would he tell her?

That's what I've been thinking. Plus if she was a Jedi youngling or Padawan perhaps she's been in Anakin's presence before and she can now sense that he and DV are one and the same.

Reva also works for Vader. Over the years, perhaps she just "felt" it. Or, since she also knows that Vader is obsessed with finding Obi-Wan, maybe she just put two-and-two together.

Or worse, Vader told her.
Yeah. I guess Tarkin set a precedent for certain high ranking officials within the Empire being told his previous identity after he acquired the suit.

Hayden Vader meme.jpg

…But Leia IS better than Luke. And Han. And most of the cast.

She basically was introduced as a sassy, condescending, hot-heated, but highly capable leader who spent most of the original films talking down to our “heroes”, insulting the villains to their faces, and snarking left and right.
source_1_1482915569.gif

So, yeah. Consistent.
She told Tarkin he had a foul stench…..to his FACE then she went back and sarcastically mocked Han, Luke and Chewie lol

Yup, I do say the same about K-2SO - makes zero sense there's this running droid like him just the week before there's nothing but shuffling Death Star Droids, EV-9D9 and IG-88. There's absolutely nothing comparable to this type of tech in the OT.

The galaxy may be vast but it makes no sense there's a ton of stuff like droidekas and super battle droids then suddenly we're back to simple stormtroopers and death star droids. The Empire isn't everywhere but if that tech existed years before they'd have it in the OT and more.

Death Troopers I guess are okay because they are basically just more high-end stormtroopers - armored dudes.

r2d2_clones.gif

I like that this show opens up the interpretation that ESB Vader wasn't necessarily fighting Luke one handed at the beginning of their lightsaber duel because he was cocky but rather to keep one hand free to use the Force.

I don't mind Obi-Wan not knowing that Anakin was alive

I mind. It lines up with the how things play out in ROTS and if you're willing to accept that he somehow never hears about Vader while he's on Tatooine for 10 years but it doesn't line up with the OT. That ROTJ Ghost of Obi-Wan dialogue is pretty clear they had separated Luke and Leia and sent them to different planets to hide them from their father. They knew he was alive when they hid the twins.

Unfortunately when even George didn't keep his story straight no one else feels they have to either.

but I'm annoyed that Reva knows Vader's real identity. Why would he tell her?

It wouldn't surprise me if the writers didn't even think of the ramifications of their own dialogue and once again you end up doing their work for them to explain it.

Back