**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Star Wars fans attacking Star Wars fans...

1654059505964.png

Would you give Disney an infraction if you could? Honest question.

If Disney were a member here they'd be subject to the same Code of Conduct.

So if they kept bringing up the controversial subject of race they'd be at odds with the rules against discrimination.

The act of singling out race is by definition 'racism', even if the intention wasn't negative.

Once the subject is raised in this context it's a slippery slope towards both humour and vitriol that cross the line into inappropriate and hurtful content.

Concentrate on the shows, and not on the controversies that inevitably bring up socio-political commentary. After all, politics is a forbidden subject since it's divisive by definition.

All the characters are different. It’s a big universe. Idk rey and the st cast looked like regular guys you’d see anywhere to. Nothing about them seemed Star Wars either. But I do t have a problem with people disliking her I just not get the negativity when she’s not as bad compared to most of the ST cast.
And I didn’t like the ST earlier so there you go :lol.

She just feels out of place.

Wow!! Hell of an episode. 🤯
Er, not really feeling it. unless you like a few moments that will probably be made into statues. Thinking there are some things that should have been left alone.
Ewan is great. Reva disappointing. Better, maybe it will pick up the last 3 episodes.

When does Andor come out again?

Really enjoyed that episode.

Good amount of tension and they did a really good job with Vader.

Standard plot armour for Obi-Wan during their fight however I understand that Vader was just toying with him. I imagine that will change once Obi-Wan rediscoves his powers and they have a rematch.
I enjoyed that episode quite a lot and a great "introduction" of Darth Vader to Obi-Wan.

"I am what you made me." ...That sends chills down my spine.

Vader toying with him was excellent. Not even using two hands for his swings.

Reva will have the same role as Kylo ren - conflicted good guy who turned bad because of circumstances, but will eventually turn to good again.

Minus the reva scenes, I think act 3 was pretty solid. I enjoyed it. They could’ve gotten rid of reva and her scenes and the whole thing would still flow smoothly imo.

I wish they’d be more consistent with the rest of the trilogy though.

Ben wasn’t supposed to meet Vader until eps 4 at the Death Star when he said “… the last time we met I was but an apprentice. This time I’m the master.” Which mean that the last time they met Ben had the upper hand.

This episode Ben was almost weaker than padawan Luke in ESB for crissake. They could’ve prolly had Vader walk with 4-6 personal security guard droids that help him attack Ben first to tire / weaken him up at this time. Just to show that Vader have yet to master his dark side and new body.

And as each episode pass, show more of him getting deeper into the dark side and evolve into a stronger sith master. Instead of just putting up the mantle suddenly and transform into vet, skilled Sith Lord like per usual.

Last edited:
I enjoyed that episode quite a lot and a great "introduction" of Darth Vader to Obi-Wan.

"I am what you made me." ...That sends chills down my spine.

Vader toying with him was excellent. Not even using two hands for his swings.
It's brilliant how in that shot at the end, where Vader is looking into the fire, you can feel his pain. He could have easily killed Obi-Wan but was only content with making him suffer.

The plot was flimsy, from the ridiculous stormtrooper escapes to the even more inexplicably stupid and not believable Kenobi escape at the end. All this built around the Vader Kenobi confrontation that we all know never happened.

Reva is still a poorly portrayed character and the Inquisitor drama is mostly unnecessary. But then so is this entire story that has been contrived to fill time on Disney +.

Well from what I seen I saw some people show horrible disdain for her as a person and hate her just by being there. Maybe check around if you can’t see it. It’s ok to not like something but attacking the actor or just out right bullying is a no go for me.

Idk what to tell you. There is a difference between not liking horrible writing and not liking someone just for being there. It’s weird but fine. She shared some of the very hateful comments on her Instagram. So again that type of stuff is inexcusable whether u like the character or not.

That's not all what I was talking about.
I was referring to the way any criticism is called "hate". I brought it up because you referred to hate and haters.
The abuse the actress got was from anonymous online trolls. Aimed at the actress.
The vast majority of the actual criticism is with the way the character is written and the acting.

Last edited:
The plot was flimsy, from the ridiculous stormtrooper escapes to the even more inexplicably stupid and not believable Kenobi escape at the end. All this built around the Vader Kenobi confrontation that we all know never happened.

Reva is still a poorly portrayed character and the Inquisitor drama is mostly unnecessary. But then so is this entire story that has been contrived to fill time on Disney +.
Well, this is canon now. So you have to accept that fact. That Vader Kenobi confrontation did happen, because we just watched it happen. :)

I didn’t quite catch the part - Vader had the skill to extinguish the fire when he instructed the troopers to capture kenobi, did he not?

Then when the fire started again, why couldn’t he just extinguish em again and capture Ben?

There was one big plot hole.

"It's a long story."

"It's a long journey."

"Her mother's dead."

"Okay, this is our stop."

:lol

Loved the trooper bisected by the laser barrier. That's the classic, unflinching Star Wars.

Second plot hole - why didn't they just run around the outside of it rather than wasting time shutting it down? :rotfl

The Inquisitor drama does feel too much, almost a parody of itself. Everyone is so angry and overly aggressive. Add in the dramatic music and it feels a step too far.

I didn’t quite catch the part - Vader had the skill to extinguish the fire when he instructed the troopers to capture kenobi, did he not?

Then when the fire started again, why couldn’t he just extinguish em again and capture Ben?
Because he sees that Kenobi has help, so maybe he can lead them to others?

Also it’s personal for him, so playing with his food.

Back