BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Iamtsunfung, you are correct:)

IMG_0843.jpg

Thinking of finally getting my first Besta. I see they're on sale for $63.75 till 4/26. Is this a good sale price or do they tend to drop even lower?

One more question....And let me preface by saying: 1) I know I asked before, but can't find the posts. 2) Ikea has one of the worst sites I've ever had to navigate through - the search function there is almost useless:

- What kind of shelves are available for the Besta units? AND what kind are available for the Pax units?

One more question....And let me preface by saying: 1) I know I asked before, but can't find the posts. 2) Ikea has one of the worst sites I've ever had to navigate through - the search function there is almost useless:

- What kind of shelves are available for the Besta units? AND what kind are available for the Pax units?

Use google
Type ikea first then whatever you're looking for

So ikea shelf and it will take you to the page where its all interior fittings aka shelves and hinges blah blah

Do you guys have any advice on ikea pieces to display a TV on - yet use the space below to display collectibles?

I found this one, but was wondering if you guys knew of one better?

BESTÅ TV unit - black-brown - IKEA

If you have the room go three wide. I'll be doing this, hopefully this weekend. Wide enough for me to put a PF on the side.

Taking a trip to ikea now. I have 6 cubes and 4 tombo doors. So need two more. The question is which doors to get? Will put the four tombos to the bottom so new doors will be top 2. Suggestions?

Since it looks like the Tombo doors are not coming back i decided to re-do making my own doors. I had made doors a few months ago but wasn't totally happy with the way they came out. So i did them again and i think they came out really nice this time.

Here is the Glassvik doors I originally had on
20151231_180302 by zuko1312, on Flickr

Here is my first attempt at making my own doors
20160121_223113 by zuko1312, on Flickr

And here is my new attempt which I am happy with
20160504_220703 by zuko1312, on Flickr

Went with glassvik.. but £90 for two doors and hinges :horror

That's why you go Sindvik :wink1:

About the same size border I think? They have lines on the border, I would assume cheaper material hence cheaper costs, but aren't as heavy, but still some heft to it unlike the older Vassbos.

They are sindvik doors zuko.

To be honest the glassvik were worth the extra money. Very classy looking.

Based on the Besta arrangements that everyone has, would it best to go with a 192cm high unit and put two shelves in, or stack three singular units on top of one another? Has anyone experienced any bowing with putting 1/4 scales on a single shelf insert?

I am leaning toward two 192cm units side-by-side, feet on the bottom, with two plain white shelf inserts in each, and Gassvik doors, seeing as how a full glass door is not going to be possible. Thoughts?

Based on the Besta arrangements that everyone has, would it best to go with a 192cm high unit and put two shelves in, or stack three singular units on top of one another? Has anyone experienced any bowing with putting 1/4 scales on a single shelf insert?

I am leaning toward two 192cm units side-by-side, feet on the bottom, with two plain white shelf inserts in each, and Gassvik doors, seeing as how a full glass door is not going to be possible. Thoughts?

Well, if u want the height of three Besta cubes the 192 cm unit seems the best option. Allows you to re-arrange shelves, which is not possible with three separate units. For instance, thanks to Sideshows huge bases of late, having standard sized PF's of like 63 cm, you need adaptability.

Regarding doors, that is a matter of taste. Buy the ones you like.

Anyone have a suggestion for shipping glass doors?

I have like 12 Tombo doors i'm going to sell but not sure how I should mail glass once I do.

Well, if u want the height of three Besta cubes the 192 cm unit seems the best option. Allows you to re-arrange shelves, which is not possible with three separate units. For instance, thanks to Sideshows huge bases of late, having standard sized PF's of like 63 cm, you need adaptability.

Regarding doors, that is a matter of taste. Buy the ones you like.

Thanks. Yes I agree, it's just that doors only really allow for two shelves at equal height. It's a bit ridiculous that IKEA doesn't have a full length glass door for the Besta frame, like they do for the Billy. This would allow you to actually have the shelves at different heights. You basically have to have everything square anyway so the doors are flush with the shelves.

Back