Ikea pieces for showcasing Marvel statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Furyan

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
So Im finally to a point where I need to get some display pieces for my statues. Ive been looking at some Ikea pieces and there are quite a few options and configurations. Im gonna have to choose what to get by browsing online as I have no Ikea in my town,so Im asking you guys for some help and whats worked for you. Currently looking at a few options for display. The statues I need to display are SS Spiderman PF,XM Venom,SS Classic Catwoman,SS Brown Wolverine,SS upcoming Venom and a few other 1/4 scale pieces. Heres the displays Ive been eyeballing. Anyone here have something similar and know if Ill be able to fit my statues inside? Are the cubes to the sides of these enough space for the 1/4 pieces? And would these support the weight of these statues? Also anyone have any recommendations? Trying to showcase my statues around my TV,thanks in advance!

besta-tv-storage-combination-glass-doors__0345102_PE536061_S4.JPG

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S09192820/#/S89192802

besta-tv-storage-combination-glass-doors__0493446_PE626097_S4.JPG

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S79207192/

kallax-insert-with-door__0464868_PE609758_S4.JPG

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40324489/#/40324489

Man, I need to display many of the same statues. Im currently building my own unit.
ab49bcc8a2a3ed138eddc49bee691f98.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

If you get the tall bestas and want to divide the slots evenly you'll be OK. Venom PF is the tallest and he will fit in the middle. If you divide them evenly the top and bottom are 23.5 inches and the middle is 24.75 inches.

Man, I need to display many of the same statues. Im currently building my own unit. [/IMG]

Whoa, that is gorgeous! All real wood? Love the tile backdrop totally stealing that idea!:clap

Nice setup... Probably out of space soon though hahaha...

Oak for most of it. Some plywood pieces for stability inside.

Love that stain color - salt oak? Makes me want to run to the hardware store LOL. Congrats on a beautiful set-up you should hire yourself out.:cool:

Not sure of prices but re threads like this always wonder if folks wouldn't be better off in the long run just tracking down a carpenter or handyman and getting custom shelving built. At least you can get exactly what you want.

Love that stain color - salt oak? Makes me want to run to the hardware store LOL. Congrats on a beautiful set-up you should hire yourself out.:cool:

Not sure of prices but re threads like this always wonder if folks wouldn't be better off in the long run just tracking down a carpenter or handyman and getting custom shelving built. At least you can get exactly what you want.

Thanks again. Kind of my own color of stain. I used some flat white pickling and then went back over with a mahogany. Sanded that down and then gave it a white dry brush to make it pop. I guess I'll make a thread instead of highjacking this one.

IMO That's a case by case situation. I personally had a carpenter price out custom cabinets with glass/plexi doors and the cost was 4X what the Pax cabinets cost all-in. If you just want custom shelves and not cabinets and no doors then the price is more reasonable. The Pax for me was a great option, but again it's a personal choice.

Thanks again. Kind of my own color of stain. I used some flat white pickling and then went back over with a mahogany. Sanded that down and then gave it a white dry brush to make it pop. I guess I'll make a thread instead of highjacking this one.

If you have the time, would be great to put up a DIY on the display forum. Guys like you who take the time to share how you built your displays are really invaluable to other forum members!

If you get the tall bestas and want to divide the slots evenly you'll be OK. Venom PF is the tallest and he will fit in the middle. If you divide them evenly the top and bottom are 23.5 inches and the middle is 24.75 inches.

Thanks! Exactly what I wanted to know,

IMO the IKEA Pax cabinets are great. They are large, and with a little work you can install plexiglass doors. I followed this DIY and love how they turned out:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...lic-doors-glass-shelves-finally-finished.html

I've built 8 of these cabinets so far and they can hold ~55 large statues. Here are a couple of quick pics:
View attachment 359039

View attachment 359040

View attachment 359041

Wow those are nice! Might have to look into PAX as well,so many options out there.

Back