BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Early photo of my new set-up, freshly built and still filthy out of the box. I put some figures in to see how it looked.

besta1.jpg

Sindvik glass doors, Valviken drawers at the top of the bottom cubes and Valviken doors for simple cupboard space at the bottom. Books will go in the two open centre cubes.

Next step is installing the lighting.

Early photo of my new set-up, freshly built and still filthy out of the box. I put some figures in to see how it looked.

View attachment 267729

Sindvik glass doors, Valviken drawers at the top of the bottom cubes and Valviken doors for simple cupboard space at the bottom. Books will go in the two open centre cubes.

Fantastic setup! Mine is smaller but very similar.

I know you dont want white. But with besta you are limited with depth sometimes

I think my final decision to go with the Bestas was because of the doors and the fact that I already have such a huge custom cabinet that will take on the brunt of all of my oversized pieces. The depth of the Bestas definitely leave something to be desired, but I really think it'll be perfect for my situation.

Stuva is exactly same as besta just deeper and only come in white. All the besta doors etc fit on stuva. If you have another cabinet for bigger pieces, seems you have it sussed anyways :)

View attachment 267729

Interesting.... you gave me an idea to combine a drawer and a sindvik 15" high door to help hide tall 1/3 or 1/4 statues. I might use Hanviken or Selsviken to better match my color setup though. Can you take a picture of the inside of the drawer so I can see how the hinges line up along the holes on the BESTA shelf? I want to see if it is possible to put in a shelf as support and if there is space available. Thanks! :hi5:

Interesting.... you gave me an idea to combine a drawer and a sindvik 15" high door to help hide tall 1/3 or 1/4 statues. I might use Hanviken or Selsviken to better match my color setup though. Can you take a picture of the inside of the drawer so I can see how the hinges line up along the holes on the BESTA shelf? I want to see if it is possible to put in a shelf as support and if there is space available. Thanks! :hi5:

BestaDrawer1.jpg

BestaDrawer2.jpg

BestaDrawer3.jpg

BestaDrawer4.jpg

BestaDrawer5.jpg

There are no hinges on the drawers, they sit on push to close rails. The smaller door in my setup is specifically a drawer front and doesn't have any hinge holes to turn it into a door but I think you can get those in that size. (Edit: on second look, the smaller cupboard doors are bigger than the drawer front I have, they're half the size of a single cube)

The supports for the shelf above the drawer are quite flexible. The shelf comes with a set of pins that make the shelf sit right at the hole. Either the drawer or the drawer front (I can't remember which and lots of empty bags here) come with pins that makes the shelf sit in the middle between two holes but it also brings the drawer about half an inch forward and leaves a gap at the back.

The last two pictures are of the very bottom cupboard but it would be the same for the smaller cupboard door I'd assume. There are two holes above the top hinge so enough room for a shelf there. If you put it at the very bottom of a frame then there won't be any holes as the door sits flush with the entire frame. If it's not at the bottom then you'll have two holes so enough for a shelf.

I hope that makes sense and helps though I suspect it's a small cupboard door you're thinking of.

Thanks for the photos, mate! My idea was to combine a drawer door w/ a windowed door, the windowed door on the bottom to display a row/set of figures, the drawer door to hide a shelf that would be holding a larger 1/3 scale statue or a 1/4 w/ a big base (like Bats/Supes 25"-27" high statues), but from the looks of it, it wouldn't work since the shelf would need to go lower than that one slot the drawer allows, and I don't think the drawer case itself can hold more than 22 lbs. I wanted to move my two statues to the top shelf but the hinge position blocks off the spot where I want the shelf so it's giving me problems, haha. I'm trying to think of a solution for it. I wonder if it would be possible to build some supports into the bottom of the drawer...

Is there any way to make these besta displays more stable? I'm really irritated how they sway from side to side when pushed slightly.

There shouldn't be any sway to it. If you're talking about the tall ones, you need to get the shelf pegs that screw into the holes. Then the shelf itself will help stabilize the whole thing.

I wanted to move my two statues to the top shelf but the hinge position blocks off the spot where I want the shelf so it's giving me problems, haha. I'm trying to think of a solution for it. I wonder if it would be possible to build some supports into the bottom of the drawer...

You probably should look into getting customized doors with one sheet covering the besta unit if you want those larger statues on the top shelf. Have you considered the 2 cube high ones and have the statues on top or do you prefer them enclosed? You could secure a 2x1 unit (for figures) to the wall suspended above the 1x2, similar to a tv setup. Not exactly ideal, but it could work.

Is there any way to make these besta displays more stable? I'm really irritated how they sway from side to side when pushed slightly.

You could secure them to the wall to make the more stable. Also use the shelf pegs with screws as suggest earlier or add more shelves if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back