• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Batman 1989 Keaton 1:1 Bust by Howard S. Studios

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PacMan3000

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am selling my Howard Senft (Howard S. Studios) 1989 Keaton Batman resin bust, which is painted and comes with an added torso that consists of a mannequin’s torso, body armor, belt, and custom cape that I had created specifically for this bust.

Photos can be found below.

This is a bust that was acquired eleven years ago (late 2006) and immediately sent to a professional painter. The bust contains glass eyes and even has eyelashes, as well.

The bust sits atop the mannequin torso, and what’s great about it is that the head is easily removable. So, if you’d like to adjust anything on the torso, you can quickly take the head off the bust, make your changes, and put it back on top.

The mannequin torso seems to be made out of plastic and is black in color. The body armor and belt are a rubber-like material. They are both attached to the torso via double-sided velcro. So, if you don’t quite like the positioning of them, or you want to replace one or both items, you can do so by removing them because they are velcro’d on. The velcro is attached to the torso via a sticky adhesive so, if you want to remove all traces of any velcro from the torso or back of the armor or belt completely, you can do it, but of course be careful.

The bat symbol on the cowl is also attached via velcro. The same instructions apply for removing and replacing it as it does for the armor and belt. Easy to do but be careful, of course.

As far as size, just the bust itself is about 23” tall (from bottom of Bat symbol to the top of his ears) and about 16” wide. However, when the bust is on the torso, it’s about 34” tall (from the bottom of the torso to the top of the ears) and about 18” wide from shoulder to shoulder. 

There is a slight imperfection on the side (on the black part) of the bat symbol. It’s mostly pronounced in brighter light…I tried to capture it in a couple images. If you’re picky, you may want to repaint this part. I am also including a SECOND Batman symbol (see photo #16) that will fit onto this cowl as well (see photos). You might want to repaint this one too, but at least you have a second option for the Bat symbol if you’re not happy with the one that’s currently on the cowl, or something were to happen to it.

Also, this second Batman symbol has never been attached to the cowl, so there’s no glue or velcro on the back of it.

The back of the cape (made of pleather, I believe) and back of the bust have some imperfections. The back of the cape has bit of residue—although I’m not sure what of. I tried to capture it in the images. Most of the time, this bust was inside a glass case/curio, but there were times where it also would sit out on a display table, as well.

The back of the cowl has some slight smatterings of white paint. Similar to the Batman symbol imperfection I mentioned above, if it bothers you, you can always retouch it with some black paint.

The only glaringly obvious imperfection is on the back of the cowl, where a tip of the sharp/scalloped part of the cowl has broken off. Please see photos for more details.

I tried to take as many photos as I reasonably could for you to get an idea of this bust—both in daylight light and in darker, more moody lighting conditions. I took a photo of it inside a Besta cabinet, too, just so you can get an idea of how it could be displayed inside a cabinet with LED lights shining down on it.

If you only want the bust/head, I'm asking for $2,300. If you also want the body, including the torso, attached body armor, belt, and custom cape, I'm asking for $2,600. These prices include the cost of shipping. Because the cowl comes off, I will ship the bust and the torso in two separate boxes. That is the safest way to do it, and both (especially the painted bust) will be bubble wrapped SIGNIFICANTLY and packaged with care.

This is the last of my longtime, high end collectibles, and I really love this piece. So rest assure that I will package it with the utmost care. I really hope it goes to a great home.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. As of now, I’m only shipping within the United States (CONUS specifically).

One additional thing. I wanted to quickly discuss authentication, because I know that some of Howard’s busts have dealt with recast issues. First, I acquired this bust in late 2006, and it was fully painted in early 2007.

Now, one thing I’ve always known (and even YouTuber “Gregin8er” confirms this, if you’ve ever watched his video review of this bust that he got custom painted) is that if you look on the back of the bust on the bottom left, you will see Howard’s signature if the bust is authentic and not a recast. This signature (which is embedded into the mold), says “HSS 04 (or Howard S. Studios, 2004) and this signature/marking is indeed on my bust, and I have included a few photos to showcase it, as well.

Once again, if you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Thanks.

36234144514_694cd7e15e_c.jpg

37068735035_9f0501072d_c.jpg

36898566842_32488a4cdc_c.jpg

37068978745_2ab076db0b_c.jpg

36672333310_913a8e619b_c.jpg

36898168802_e1c6b2302c_c.jpg

36234106604_fe516af310_b.jpg

36234107524_620323c640_b.jpg

36927440611_ffe558c154_c.jpg

36927576751_6daa75128c_c.jpg

36898479082_183b7bce67_c.jpg