Hot Toys & Helmets: Detolfs, Bestas, or Pax?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smash

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been trying to pick a shelving unit for over a year now.

I primarily collect 1/6, though I have a few helmets that I want to display as well.

I have a 30 inch wide space for shelving at the moment, or if I move the room around - I could probably handle 40-60..
I've been looking at upgrading from my current shelf (5 shelves, each 22 inch wide, 9.5 deep, 13.5 tall) to something better.

The options I'm looking at at the moment are...

Two Detolfs right next to each other.
Detolf Pros: Good visibility from the side, decently cheap. Doors.
Detolf cons: More fragile, much more limited horizontal space. May not fit with the room (mostly dark black-brown ikea furniture)

One besta.
Besta pros: More depth, doors. Better space than detolfs for figures.
Besta cons: Only doors w/ frames - may not be best for 1/6 collection. Worried the extra space between shelves will dwarf the figures.

PAX (looking at the 30 inch wide, 13 or 22 deep)
Pros: Widest option, so most visibility. Option to get much deeper shelving, so no worries about depth.. adjustable shelves without needing to worry about door frames making it look awkward.
Cons: No doors for 30 inch version, 13 inch deep may not be deep enough - 22 inch deep might be too deep for Hot Toys / Helmets.

Anyone have suggestions or pics of their builds? I definitely want to show them off in the best way possible - and I'm worried that detolfs might not be roomy enough for me, and possibly the glass cases will look off compared to the rest of the room.

Has anyone made a custom door for the 30 inch pax? or down the line, if I got 2 30 inch paxes, can I install doors? Do the doors remove some of the depth? One of my helmets needs about 12.5 inches of depth, so I'm not sure if 13.5 inches deep is enough..and worried 22 is too much.

Thank you for any help!

Back