BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice MG. Looks classy. Just set up my second Besta last night. Gotta situate the lights and it should look sweet.

I did basically the same thing except instead of trying to paint something to match I bought an extra Vassbo door and ripped the long side rail off and used that to hid my dioder strips. The detail doesn't show up great at night but here's some pics.
apuru8a2.jpg
amedu6ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet setup dude

I did basically the same thing except instead of trying to paint something to match I bought an extra Vassbo door and ripped the long side rail off and used that to hid my dioder strips. The detail doesn't show up great at night but here's some pics.
apuru8a2.jpg
amedu6ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a great idea, especially if you can grab an extra door/shelf out of the clearance section!

May have been asked before.....

But, when stacking Besta's, are there any clamps available to secure them together?

Lately I've been really struggling with enjoying our collection. That's due to displays. The bestas are okay but I'm finding them to be more and more less appealing as each day passes. I very dislike the Tombo doors and am giving them to a friend. We want to buy different doors like we have on our tv stand (that holds Babydoll and Hellboy) but with the larger pf's like Jason, and Superman, we know that they will be really difficult to see and enjoy with those doors. Especially when you have to start moving shelves down to actually fit pieces like the Superman. At that point, the shelves vs doors do not line up.

We had considered having our contractor out to do built ins, but we don't plan to live in our house that long. So in the end, it wouldn't make sense for us financially since we could use that money as further downpayment to our second house.

I'm not really a huge fan of detolf, either. I wouldn't mind looking into getting wall hanging shelves, but then the problem with Superman still persists. Most single displays that have the top and bottom shelves in place already so they cannot be moved, and Supes wont fit.

AHHHHH. I'm so annoyed. :lol

Selling Superman is not an option. I also can't leave him out on top of anything because the two female feral's we rescued would totally knock him over.

@Buffy...I customized a Vara door from Ikea to be a full height (3 cubes high x 1 cube wide) door with a clear opening. Something similar could be the answer for your Superman woes. You can adjust the shelves anywhere without worrying about if they line up with door edges.

Check my collection thread for info.

@Buffy...I customized a Vara door from Ikea to be a full height

This. Basically a custom door, whether you start with an existing IKEA frame or not. If you're not interested in doing the work yourself, anyone who does kitchen cabinets can easily handle the job - the IKEA doors are all hung on frameless cabinet hinges, identical to those used on all new kitchen cabinets, and are of the same construction style.

Are those the vassbo doors or the glassvik ? and I was thinking about switching my white ones to black and putting a white back board on mine. I unfortunately do not have an Ikea close to me, so the shipping cost SUCKS. But did you do a custom white back board or did you buy the besta white cardboard piece? If you did buy it what's it called cus I can't find them online, and I just assumed they only came with the unit.

Anyone got any tips on how to get the doorhandles for the Tombo doors on? I got two right now that won't budge at all and i've left them on for over 12 hours hoping they would loosen up a little but nothing. I didn't have any issues with the other doors.

Don't the handles just snap on? I didn't install them on my 2 Tombos as the cabinet is up on the wall and I can just grab the underside of the doors.

Most of them did but these two just gets stuck in the same place every time like they're a tad too small or something.

Back