BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, every time I see that display up there, the Monster Mash song runs in my head since there are so many horror themed elements to it, LOL :lol :frank:mummy

Beautiful set up Iron Woman!
I'm a fan of the Vassbo doors as well. While they do reduce your viewing window a bit, they look classier, like real furniture (imho). But the real benefit is that they hide shelf edges a little better when you move shelves down to make more space for a big statue.

Well put. Vassbo looks like statues behind nice furniture. Would be better if the frames were an inch thinner like the Glassvik.
Tombo were just dust prevention.

Thanks again. I agree about the hidding some parts of the statue but it is classy nonetheless.

Husband went to ikea to purchase some lighting. We'll see how it goes.
20140621_131712_zpsz4qsn8gm.jpg

Added some Dioder LED lighting on top of our Besta. We were going to use Inredas but Dioders look cooler.

ee87f768-3fb5-4323-97f9-efd9289920a5_zpsed584a2e.jpg

Looks good. That's similar to what I'm planning on top of my Bestas. The only thing I'm doing different is getting a thin strip of balsa that I'm painting black and then attaching the Dioder strips to that to hide them a little.

Looks good. That's similar to what I'm planning on top of my Bestas. The only thing I'm doing different is getting a thin strip of balsa that I'm painting black and then attaching the Dioder strips to that to hide them a little.

I'm thinking about doing the same thing. Instead of balsa wood, looking for some dull reflective surface on the inside edge, so that it reflects even more light back on the statue. I say dull because I want a little diffusion, the individual dioders are so bright that they leave "lines" on the statue for every dioder.

Has anyone ever "decorated" their besto? I'm thinking of doing something simple like just putting a decal on the back wall. I originally wanted to turn it into a giant scene/diorama but maybe too difficult. So I thought what if I just did something simple like this to liven it up?

STARS.jpg

or maybe with transparent font/stars?

STARS2.jpg

Rough photoshop. Any opinions? Kinda indifferent.

Does anyone know the dimensions of the inside cabinet too? Gives me a better idea of how big the decal should be! Not home.

Don't need a decal. A poster print is much less pricy. I've done this to most of my detolf shelves and will also have prints for the extra large shelves on the top of the expedits. Look in my showroom thread - start from the first page.

Has anyone ever "decorated" their besto? I'm thinking of doing something simple like just putting a decal on the back wall. I originally wanted to turn it into a giant scene/diorama but maybe too difficult. So I thought what if I just did something simple like this to liven it up?

View attachment 116638

or maybe with transparent font/stars?

View attachment 116647

Rough photoshop. Any opinions? Kinda indifferent.

Does anyone know the dimensions of the inside cabinet too? Gives me a better idea of how big the decal should be! Not home.

the yellow stars stands out too much. i would go with the transparent stars

I'd love to do a poster wrap. I'd have to find high resolution pics of Re and SH tho... Hmmm

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I did basically the same thing except instead of trying to paint something to match I bought an extra Vassbo door and ripped the long side rail off and used that to hid my dioder strips. The detail doesn't show up great at night but here's some pics.
apuru8a2.jpg
amedu6ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back