BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the border of the GLASSVIK made of? Would it be possible to remove the dark area? When looking at pictures, it looks like a coating on the glass? Or is it actually embedded into the material?

It's probably paint on the back side of the glass, but might be baked on. Anyone going to try scraping/removing? Maybe take a razor blade in to an IKEA… ;)

No, scraping the paint is not an option. its solid plastic or resin frame.

In fact i just checked mine & my mistake it's actually metal, not plastic/resin:lecture

Another pic of my glassvik/Besta

IMG_8365.JPG

They don't have quite the same visibility as Tombo, but they're very good looking doors. Nice setup irezumi.

Thanks PP, i agree about the visibility, but the border is very slight & looks pretty slick in person.

Late reply to Tavegg's awesome set-up. Looks awesome mate.

I spot the Marvel Classic statues in the upper right corner there (Spidey, Wolv and IM). Always nice to see those in a collection. How are you liking them?

Vassbos seem perfect for 1/4 scale figures. Hides the shelves very well and perfectly frames the figures. :yess:
:lecture

I've been so tempted to switch to those doors, I'm just terrified that the particle board where the hinges attach to would crap out on me. I remember how much of a ***** it was to get my doors on and lined up the first time. :lol

Late reply to Tavegg's awesome set-up. Looks awesome mate.

I spot the Marvel Classic statues in the upper right corner there (Spidey, Wolv and IM). Always nice to see those in a collection. How are you liking them?

Hey thanks Egel! Very much appreciated.

I've always been a fan of the Bowen faux bronze stuff so when I saw the classic line I was pretty excited. I love the line. I think the detailing on these are quite impressive. From a glance they do give the impression that they could be real bronze. I've even had people ask after seeing them. Character selection is pretty good too. I hope they do a captain and I would be content. Well maybe a Hulk too! Did you pick any of them up from this line?

I'm just terrified that the particle board where the hinges attach to would crap out on me.

Na. Almost every modern kitchen cabinet on the planet is made the same way, with the same materials and the same hinges. Ikea's particle board is generally better and they use real Blum hinges not knockoffs.

:lecture

I've been so tempted to switch to those doors, I'm just terrified that the particle board where the hinges attach to would crap out on me. I remember how much of a ***** it was to get my doors on and lined up the first time. :lol

Oh man, tell me about it, hahaha. Couldn't get lined up straight on so many attempts with the shelf upright, I finally decided to put the shelf down on its back and assemble the doors on it that way and it finally worked, lol.

Back