BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got some lights for my Besta. Going to install them this weekend but I tested them out and they will make it LOADS better. Only ordered 2 to start, in case I didn't like them, but I foresee myself buying 4 more very soon.

In case you don't check the Detolf thread (Yeah right)
Use insulation foam strips to keep the dust out of these shelves

I'd love to get some of these for my stuff but the closest Ikea is a 4 hour drive to Toronto and I checked their shipping which was rediculous. They want 300 dollars to ship one detolf or besta to here. If I had the money I'd open one of these stores in town, I'd make a killing since there is such a demand for their stuff up this way.

Besta.... I should go check sometime since it's only 5 mins drive from my house...

Not sure if you've seen my other post a while back, but my setup..

Most are pretty old, the case is full now of Classics. Getting another one soon for my other stuff.

IMG_3260.jpg

IMG_2561.jpg

IMG_2562.jpg

IMG_2565.jpg

IMG_2568.jpg

IMG_2573.jpg

IMG_2576.jpg

IMG_2577.jpg

IMG_2578.jpg

IMG_2579.jpg

Comes with double sided tape pads, or you can use plastic clips that also come with it.

I'm thinking about getting one of the white 45"x73" besta cabinets with the Tombo doors to display my 1/6th scale Hot Toys figures.

I was hoping to replace all of the shelves with glass ones. Is this possible, or do you have to keep at least one of the wooden shelves up for balance?

Thanks

It actually comes with I think 2 shelves that are designed to pull the sidewalls inwards to keep it sturdy. Not sure how the shelf would be not using any of it

:borg:

Last edited:
When I first purchased the besta, I left it assembled and standing for a few months without any of the wooden shelves in it. I don't see any problem with that especially since the 1/6th figures are light in weight too.

Does the Hulk PF fit inside a Besta? I suspect the answer is no given the ~15 inch depth advertised on the ikea website.

Does the Hulk PF fit inside a Besta? I suspect the answer is no given the ~15 inch depth advertised on the ikea website.

You can make it work by doing the following getting the following two cabinets https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20102154 and https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50102143.

Then use screws to put them together and finally put a taller unit on top of that so you can put other statues in it and two units on the side and it will look great. I gave a more detailed description of this in my post about Grievous PF case. If you use the double you will be able to put something else that is really deep next to the HULK.

Well I decided on going with the double Besta (45"Wx75"Hx15.75"D) with tombo doors.

I'm displaying 1/6th scale figures so I figure I can potentially get up to 5 shelves of display space per side.

Has anyone tried to Display a Hot Toys Bat-pod in a Besta???!! I've been looking around and haven't been able to find anyone with pictures of this kind of set up.

Thanks guys

Well I decided on going with the double Besta (45"Wx75"Hx15.75"D) with tombo doors.

I'm displaying 1/6th scale figures so I figure I can potentially get up to 5 shelves of display space per side.

Has anyone tried to Display a Hot Toys Bat-pod in a Besta???!! I've been looking around and haven't been able to find anyone with pictures of this kind of set up.

Thanks guys

I don't think I've seen someone do it but I think it would make a great display. May I also suggest these glass shelves for your Besta since the Hot Toys figures would be light in weight.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30103474

If you ever decide to go with a light option, this will make it look classy :rock. Plus, you won't have to purchase as many lights because the wooden shelves would be blocking the light.

Back