BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought most of this Besta in December on sale, but just finished up the lighting tonight. I had to stop collect 1/6 several years ago so that I could save for a house, but I have a ton of Star Wars, GI Joe, Marvel and DC figures in boxes. I'm going have fun filling this sucker up.

nvaBz17.jpg

I bought most of this Besta in December on sale, but just finished up the lighting tonight. I had to stop collect 1/6 several years ago so that I could save for a house, but I have a ton of Star Wars, GI Joe, Marvel and DC figures in boxes. I'm going have fun filling this sucker up.

nvaBz17.jpg
Looking good

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Can you build a 2x1 Besta and not put in the middle divider? That way you?d have a wider display space. I know you?d lose some stability, but nothing is going on top of it.

I’m looking to update some of my shelves and have a couple questions if somebody could please help me out. I’d really really appreciate it. I’ve flipped through the thread and tried to get some answers on the pics everyone posted, but can’t really say one way or the other to be sure.

How well do these stand on carpet?

Say I wanted to stack 3-4 of them on carpet, do I need to mount them to the wall or could clipping together the units work?

With the above two questions in mind, do the glass doors make them top heavy?

Do I have to get legs for these? If so, can it take the weight if 3 more units being stacked on top of it?

Has anyone tried stacking detolfs on bestas or something better to use to give the detolf more height?

Do you guys push the weight limit on these? I’ve flipped through the thread and saw some pretty heavy statues holding up fine...

Working with a 4 foot long space, 2 feet of depth. Will be displaying 3-4 statues, rest mostly will be 1/6.

Does anyone know where in the UK I can get doors like Tombo custom made? There are places that cut plexiglass but I don't know if they will look good without the tiny border as in the pic above. I am also unsure about what holes need to be drilled to make them fit.... Any help appreciated as ikea only do sindvik doors which have a big ugly border?

Am finally looking like I will have my man cave and the first purchase will be 4 bestas lol

Anyone buy a Besta recently?? I just bought my 4th and you can tell that it is much lower quality than my original 3. Looks pretty identical but the feel is slightly cheaper

I think that they do a decent job of keeping dust out on their own, but I did attempt to put some foam weather stripping around the door opening to help. The stripping that i bought was the dense stuff so it doesn't squish and seal very well. I need to try a less dense foam, but that might be an idea if you are really worried about dust like I am.

I actually bought some Scotch magnetic mounting strip tape and placed a single layer on the Besta all the way around, then placed a strip on the vertical surface of the door edge opposite the hinges. The top and bottom panels stick out slightly from the side panels, but the two layers of tape seals this gap nicely, and one layer on the top and bottom panel edges fills the smaller gap between them and the door as well. Added benefit is that it also holds the door tightly closed.

81wTl67E9XL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

How is something like this not being made by a 3rd party yet? Someone? Anybody? Come on, Etsy people! :lol

Exactly, what are we meant to do now lol

Anyone buy a Besta recently?? I just bought my 4th and you can tell that it is much lower quality than my original 3. Looks pretty identical but the feel is slightly cheaper

Don't say that, I'm planning on buying 4 very soon

Back