BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Swapped out my Stormtrooper helmet for the Sandtrooper, s'all about rotation:)

IMG_1816.JPG
IMG_1817.JPG

Hey guys, two questions if anyone can help me.

First question. Does the thin foldable backing on a besta provide any kind of stability? I bought one pre owned today and it was missing but I'm worried it may have weakened it. It does feel a bit wobbly if you shake it but I think the one I had in the past did anyway.

Goro is listed at 18kg but I think he feels more like 25-30kg. He's ridiculously heavy. I've never felt a statue with such weight.

Second question. Does this look like a dumb idea? Do you think it will hold the weight. It's terrifying me but to be fair whenever I move things around I'm always rather paranoid. I've just never had a statue this heavy.
b6696a0b7b9828351dcbde4c91a256e2.jpg
264c5266e9993b598952ac2c0518d0f5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hey guys, two questions if anyone can help me.

First question. Does the thin foldable backing on a besta provide any kind of stability? I bought one pre owned today and it was missing but I'm worried it may have weakened it. It does feel a bit wobbly if you shake it but I think the one I had in the past did anyway.

Goro is listed at 18kg but I think he feels more like 25-30kg. He's ridiculously heavy. I've never felt a statue with such weight.

Second question. Does this look like a dumb idea? Do you think it will hold the weight. It's terrifying me but to be fair whenever I move things around I'm always rather paranoid. I've just never had a statue this heavy.
b6696a0b7b9828351dcbde4c91a256e2.jpg
264c5266e9993b598952ac2c0518d0f5.jpg

As long as you don’t have a kid, dog, vacuum cleaner, whatever run into the Besta that Goro should be fine IMHO. Then again I’m not responsible for it if it fails so use your judgment. Ikea stuff is often quite a bit stronger than advertised for liability reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as you don’t have a kid, dog, vacuum cleaner, whatever run into the Besta that Goro should be fine IMHO. Then again I’m not responsible for it if it fails so use your judgment. Ikea stuff is often quite a bit stronger than advertised for liability reasons.

Thanks. I have none of those things. I'm still debating on what to do. If I had a kid I think I'd more concerned about Goro landing on him/her than Goro falling over haha. It is insanely heavy.

You mentioned Ikea stuff can often hold more weight that advertised but have they ever actually stated what the top of a besta cabinet can hold? I couldn't find that info.

It would make me nervous, tbh. I was really untrusting of my besta when I put it together because of how wobbly it felt. It's better now that its secured to the wall in two places, but how you have it, I'd just worry constantly I think.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I’ve seen lots of stuff out on Bestas. Not sure the top weight limit though. Dixmois (lmao at that name) made a good point that perhaps you can secure it to the wall for a bit more comfort factor.

Here’s a pic from google of a Sentinel on top. Not sure how much he weighs but I know he’s somewhat large.

612b3899d2fa3b8d004e4ff03ffd42b9.jpg

Thanks. I have none of those things. I'm still debating on what to do. If I had a kid I think I'd more concerned about Goro landing on him/her than Goro falling over haha. It is insanely heavy.

You mentioned Ikea stuff can often hold more weight that advertised but have they ever actually stated what the top of a besta cabinet can hold? I couldn't find that info.

I ended up finding an small solid and sturdy table which I painted black and now the coolprops 1:1 bust is on top of the besta which is much lighter lol. I just didn't trust it in the end.
dcacd725b35fe9bf34f48efb27a5f572.jpg
d54ce67963675a00da390f50ebcbaff4.jpg

Last edited:
2 questions:

Is it hard to disassemble a BESTA unit? I know they have those metal (now plastic) screw/connection pieces that lock in the sides and the base and top and I was wondering if there was a way to pop those out, but if not, I guess you can still unlock and separate the top/bottom and sides and then reassemble later again right?

Is the BESTA strong enough to display a 1/3 Prime 1 statue on top of it? They have large bases and can be quite heavy so I was also curious about this. Also, are the shelves inside strong enough as well if you use the reinforcement screws they provide instead of those plug and play ones?

Hey guys,

I'm considering getting a few white Besta's from Ikea and had a few questions after looking at some of your photos, and also checking the Ikea website.

So, it seems the Besta that I'd probably be most interested in is the one that sells for $115 and is more or less just one square box with the Glassvik doors. My question is the following:

Do these Besta squares just stack one on top of the other without a problem? In other words, if I wanted to get four of them, and have one sitting on top of the other on one wall and one on top of the other on another wall, do you need to install anything on the bottom of the top Besta to keep it from sliding off the Besta it's sitting on top of? If so, does that come in the box, or you have to search Ikea to find that particular part, as well?

And secondly, if I have one Besta stacked on top of the other, does it make it difficult to open the door of each Besta? Or is there enough clearance that that isn't a problem?

Lastly, what hinges are specifically recommended to make sure the Glassvik doors attach properly to the Besta? And do they needed to be purchased separately inside Ikea?

Thanks!

Last edited:
You can stack the Bestas no problem. They come with a bracket that clips the top case and bottom case together, located in the back.

There is no interference with the doors if you stack

Only one hinge style, which someone at Ikea or the Bestas builder on the website will spec for you.

Mine is stacked, no issues.
17ad89b47b830feb0a1ad8cc728ff106.jpg

Last edited:
2 questions:

Is the BESTA strong enough to display a 1/3 Prime 1 statue on top of it? They have large bases and can be quite heavy so I was also curious about this. Also, are the shelves inside strong enough as well if you use the reinforcement screws they provide instead of those plug and play ones?

Yes, they are strong enough. I have all of my 1/3 Prime 1 statues on top of Bestas. The shelves inside are strong enough with just the standard supports that come with them. I have two PF's on each of my shelves.

Incase anybody was interested.

So Bestas are pretty easy to work with. If you imagine everything in cubes. And each cube has a door, you'll be able to piece stuff together how you want super easy.

So for my set up, I use the following:

(terminology, 1st number is the number of rows, 2nd number is number of columns):

2 pcs of 3x1

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/cat...g/products/80247371/#/90245946

2 pcs of 1x2. I stacked these on top of each other , using included clips to secure them to each other. https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10245846/

After that, I used the Glassvik doors, https://www.ikea.com/us/en/cat...g/products/50291662/#/30291658

Legs:

Support leg (you need this for any 1x2 frames, its a middle support)
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50293604/

Other legs
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/cat...g/products/40293567/#/60293566
c0c602060a4a3f02cbb03d050fd55199.jpg

Lightning
I used 5050 led strips that I bought on eBay. I also used a Wifi relay switch to light up my figures individually. So with all that, I am able to turn my lights on with my phone or my Google home system.

Last edited:
Back