1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there, that is what I know from other posts and people. The size of the box is approx 48LX27WX16H and it weighs 50lbs. Some say around $100 to ship and recently someone told me the lowest calculated via UPS was $265.

Is the 1/6 Batmobile really 50lbs? International shipping will be killer then.

Is the 1/6 Batmobile really 50lbs? International shipping will be killer then.

Yeah I think so. TW has it brand new for $1000 but shipping is like $360 or something like that. Which puts the whole thing in the $1400. :slap

Hey IMBATMAN, have you decided which 89 Batmobile you'll be getting, the Iron Studios version, or the Hot Toys version?

Hey IMBATMAN, have you decided which 89 Batmobile you'll be getting, the Iron Studios version, or the Hot Toys version?

Hi jinkazama, I am aiming at the HT version if I can find one at a reasonable price. The IS even though not movie accurate looks nice from the pics but we have to wait for reviews. If I cant find. HT one to go along with my Batman Returns then I might get IS once I see the reviews.

Hi jinkazama, I am aiming at the HT version if I can find one at a reasonable price. The IS even though not movie accurate looks nice from the pics but we have to wait for reviews. If I cant find. HT one to go along with my Batman Returns then I might get IS once I see the reviews.
As i assume you'll only ever get 1 of these, i'd go for the hot toys version if you can get it, as it's much more screen accurate, as the Iron Studios version has too many faults, so go for the hot toys version if you can get one! :)

As i assume you'll only ever get 1 of these, i'd go for the hot toys version if you can get it, as it's much more screen accurate, as the Iron Studios version has too many faults, so go for the hot toys version if you can get one! :)

Yeah you right. No point of having two of these. I hope find one at a decent price. Also I think it look great with the HT Batman Returns. I have posted in the commerce forum that I am looking for one so will see.

Yeah you right. No point of having two of these. I hope find one at a decent price. Also I think it look great with the HT Batman Returns. I have posted in the commerce forum that I am looking for one so will see.
Good luck! [and welcome to the forum also!] :)

Is it just me or does anyone else seem to find scratches and scuffs you never noticed before every time you give yours a dusting or examination?

I have no idea if these marks were there from day one or if I've caused them down through the years.

Anyway, I decided to take the Shield Armor out of the box to use that as the dust cover instead of the (seemingly imperfect) plastic bag covers I had been using. I put it on and was a little bit disconcerted about the way the foam inside presses right up against the Batmobile as it slides down over it. So does anyone else still use the Shield Armor for this purpose and were you also worried about that?

Is it just me or does anyone else seem to find scratches and scuffs you never noticed before every time you give yours a dusting or examination?

I have no idea if these marks were there from day one or if I've caused them down through the years.

I'm glad you brought this up. I also noticed this when I was dusting my 89' batmobile last night. Its nothing dramatic and only noticeable when upclose and under bright light but I thought I was tripping balls because I keep this thing pristine. I guess its due to the huge makeup brush which I thought was more than soft enough. I guess ill have to switch to microfiber cloth for dusting from now on.

I'm glad you brought this up. I also noticed this when I was dusting my 89' batmobile last night. Its nothing dramatic and only noticeable when upclose and under bright light but I thought I was tripping balls because I keep this thing pristine. I guess its due to the huge makeup brush which I thought was more than soft enough. I guess ill have to switch to microfiber cloth for dusting from now on.

Glad it's not just me then. Thankfully you're correct it's nothing so bad that it affects the overall view of the car - it takes close examination and particular angles in relation to light to show up some of these marks and scratches. There's a couple that I probably did cause myself when moving it by accidentally banging it against a wall. That's the problem with such a large item, it's easy to be clumsy with it.

Anyway, I decided to take the Shield Armor out of the box to use that as the dust cover instead of the (seemingly imperfect) plastic bag covers I had been using. I put it on and was a little bit disconcerted about the way the foam inside presses right up against the Batmobile as it slides down over it. So does anyone else still use the Shield Armor for this purpose and were you also worried about that?

Yeah, it happens overtime naturally it seems. You can't look at the car without scratching it, the paint is more fragile than wet tissue.

Thankfully the real car is much, much worse. Watching the film in 4K really shows how much swirls and scuffs the car has in the movie so I guess scuffs on the toy doesn't bother me (anymore). :lol

Not sure if real but apparently leaked like the 89 car LEGO set which was awesome.
0ce28ffe67f7844ecbb915a1760c89bb.jpg

Ohhh, wouldn't that be nice? Even if it's not going to be released, previous LEGO Batwings have pretty closely resembled the 1989 and 1995 movie versions.

I have a question, given how we all like the 89 movie, say if i rented a theater for a movie screener would ya?ll attend? The Drafthouse is being generous and promoting renting a theater to yourself, the pricing itself is not bad 150$ but does not include the food and drinks and the ticket entry for up to 20 people... The movie selection they have is good but I also know it?s rare to see 89 batman on the big screen! Would the fan base do it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would go see 89 Batman again. i remember seeing it when it came out and still love the movie. Keaton is still my favorite batman. Even though the movie may not hold up for alot of people it does for me.

Back