1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our fairgrounds has converted to a drive-in and we went to go see the 89 Batman last week. Fun time.

Hi fellow collectors. I am happy to announce that I was finally able to acquire both of my grails! I have started collecting back in June and when I saw that these two existed, I had to try find them at reasonable prices. So happy and grateful to own them, they are truly remarkable! Happy Batman's day!!

PS: you can add me to the list too :)
IMG_3273.jpg

Hi fellow collectors. I am happy to announce that I was finally able to acquire both of my grails! I have started collecting back in June and when I saw that these two existed, I had to try find them at reasonable prices. So happy and grateful to own them, they are truly remarkable! Happy Batman's day!!

PS: you can add me to the list too :)
View attachment 495671

Congrats on getting the Batman and the car. Both are awesome pieces to have in a collection.

Congrats!!! :clap I think you took the right route with HT instead of Iron Studios.

Awesome pieces!

Thank you all! I do agree that going with HT was the better choice. However, even though it arrived safe and no significant damaging to the shipper box, I did find few scuffs/scratches on the paint that probably happened either during the shipping when they owner got it or during the shipping when I got it. The person I got it from never got to open it and never displayed it. I am assuming those scratches are due to the body rubbing against the clamp shell. I read on a different forum, post from back in 2013 that a lot of people were getting theirs with similar issues due to the poor packaging from Hot Toys. So does anyone had something like that happen to theirs and know if this is fixable and how?

Attachments

• IMG_3255.jpg
    IMG_3255.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_3256.jpg
    IMG_3256.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 198
Oh sorry!:slap

Yeah it seemed that on the first wave the car was in direct contact with the cocoon and sometimes foam pieces were unglued and the cocoon scratched the car.
Mine was part of the second wave ( November 2013) and there was a black protective bag between the car and the cocoon.

Yeah I think that is exactly what happened. Not sure if this piece was from the first wave or the second, or the person who the last owner bought from did not put that protective bag between the car and the cocoon. Any idea how something like this can be fixed?!?

Check on this thread but I know some guys who encountered same issues succeeded to minor the scuffs and marks with a gentle polish or kind of dedicated product.
Maybe those can answer better than me explaining how they did.

Ok I will start looking from the beginning of the thread and see if I can find anything. Hopefully they can see the post and answer with more details as well. Thanks buddy!

If High quality finish expensive model car paint can be buffed out because of paint bubbling, so can this!! Matte paint should be no different, but something big in the die cast world is now the quality is starting to show and some professionals can fix it by stripping the paint and re applying a coat of paint, i feel this should be no different than applying a coat of flat based paint but don?t quote me on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If High quality finish expensive model car paint can be buffed out because of paint bubbling, so can this!! Matte paint should be no different, but something big in the die cast world is now the quality is starting to show and some professionals can fix it by stripping the paint and re applying a coat of paint, i feel this should be no different than applying a coat of flat based paint but don?t quote me on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it makes sense so maybe, but not sure either. At this point he logic first solution is a repaint of the car. Like that one user who had it repainted in matt black. The thing with this solution is I really have to trust the person doing it and knowing that they are skilled and know what they are doing.

Back