1/6 Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thank you for sharing the video! Definitely no where near as difficult as I had assumed. Hardest thing for me will be the biceps only b/c mine has been custom wired so I can't remove the arms, but should still be doable.
Yeah go slow and it’s no problem. You just want to be careful of the finish. The paint work, particularly the gloss reds, are more fragile on the custom parts.

Yeah go slow and it’s no problem. You just want to be careful of the finish. The paint work, particularly the gloss reds, are more fragile on the custom parts.
Gotcha thanks! I wonder if I should coat the red parts in another layer of gloss finish before applying them just in case 🤔

UK folk - do we get charged import tax from Popcultcha?
to me it seems like only hong kong china are ''tax free'' popculcha site says

International Customs​

International customers are responsible for any customs duties, taxes or fees payable that may arise, this is not part of the shipping and handling fee paid when you make your purchase. Please check with your local postal services for full details on thresholds.
Please note: As a registered business we are unable to ship international orders as a ‘gift’ or a different figure to what you paid and all shipments must be declared as ‘merchandise’.

Still tinkering with my modded HT Iron Man Battle Damage Mark 85. I had been bothered by his somewhat "dead eyes" when not lit up. So I carefully separated the faceplate from the head, using a plastic tool to not damage any paint. The faceplate is held on with glue at a few small points. Then pried the eyeplate off the faceplate and gave it a few light passes of Tamiya Gloss White. Then put it all back together. For the chest, I simply taped a small piece of semi transparent vellum paper to the inside of the removable chest piece. Because the white paint and vellum paper are semi transparent, they do not hinder the led light up features at all. In fact, the paint on the eyepiece helps diffuse the light and gets rid of the somewhat "cross eyed" the single led creates on it's own. I could have used the vellum on the eyes too, but it didn't read bright enough through the clear acrylic eyeplate. Now the figure has a more brightened eye and chest appearance whether the leds are on or off.

Now that I've seen the results, I may do this across more of my IM figs.

DSCF5756fb.jpg

DSCF5681fb.jpg

DSCF5730.jpg

DSCF5703.jpg

Last edited:
Still tinkering with my modded HT Iron Man Battle Damage Mark 85. I had been bothered by his somewhat "dead eyes" when not lit up. So I carefully separated the faceplate from the head, using a plastic tool to not damage any paint. The faceplate is held on with glue at a few small points. Then pried the eyeplate off the faceplate and gave it a few light passes of Tamiya Gloss White. Then put it all back together. For the chest, I simply taped a small piece of semi transparent vellum paper to the inside of the removable chest piece. Because the white paint and vellum paper are semi transparent, they do not hinder the led light up features at all. In fact, the paint on the eyepiece helps diffuse the light and gets rid of the somewhat "cross eyed" the single led creates on it's own. I could have used the vellum on the eyes too, but it didn't read bright enough through the clear acrylic eyeplate. Now the figure has a more brightened eye and chest appearance whether the leds are on or off.

View attachment 659173

View attachment 659174

View attachment 659175

View attachment 659176
Iron Man Good Job GIF

Last edited:

View attachment 659173

View attachment 659174

View attachment 659175

View attachment 659176
Definitely want to do this too. Mind pointing out where the glue attachments for the faceplate were and were you applied pressure to remove the faceplate? Thanks.

Definitely want to do this too. Mind pointing out where the glue attachments for the faceplate were and were you applied pressure to remove the faceplate? Thanks.
Sure man. I marked where they used glue in the pic below (where the green lines are). I removed the helmet by carefully sliding a plastic flathead tool (you can see it in the background) or small flat head screwdriver in between the faceplate and the head unit underneath along the top of the head (marked with green arrows) and gently rocked it back and forth and pulling outwards until the faceplate came loose. I managed to do this to THREE Mark 85 heads, and none were damaged, so it's pretty easy. Just be careful around the edges of the gold faceplate with whatever tool you use so you don't dent the thin edge.

467710-DSCF5730.jpeg

467711-DSCF5703.jpeg

Here's a comparison pic of this painted eyeplate mod versus an unmodded head, and a head modded with a simple piece of paper inserted inbetween the faceplate and head. Overall the painted eyeplate has the most even appearance. Neither the paint, nor the paper, dim the led light up function much at all. The tamiya paint has the added benefit of removing the blue color cast from the led as well, which is nice.

DSCF5779.jpg

very curious but can anyone share images of the battle damaged mark 85 using the neck collar from the clean mark 85? the BD mark 85 neck piece has this rippled effect to it, whereas the clean mark 85 does not

View attachment 659173

View attachment 659174

View attachment 659175

View attachment 659176
I just noticed is your neck piece from the regular mark 85?

No it’s a custom neck piece that came with this mod set from overseas

View attachment 662994
darn, I was hoping it was that neck piece that came from the regular mark 85
it looks so much better here with the mods included
the included neck piece makes sense because of the scene with Tony's head exposed and he does the snapping but aside from that the neck should look clean when masked on

very curious but can anyone share images of the battle damaged mark 85 using the neck collar from the clean mark 85? the BD mark 85 neck piece has this rippled effect to it, whereas the clean mark 85 does not
I guess my question is, what exactly are you looking for to be different between the two? Like a color difference to see if the clean neck piece looks out of place on the BD? The two figures aren't that different, so the BD with the clean neckpiece will look pretty much the same as the clean looks with that same neckpiece, just...battle damaged :dunno 🤔

I guess my question is, what exactly are you looking for to be different between the two? Like a color difference to see if the clean neck piece looks out of place on the BD? The two figures aren't that different, so the BD with the clean neckpiece will look pretty much the same as the clean looks with that same neckpiece, just...battle damaged :dunno 🤔
I think I worded it wrong, I should have wrote collar piece and not neck piece
I'm specifically wondering if this part can be swapped:
1695007735848.png
1695007794189.png

Since the regular mark 85 has a very clean look which makes it look better when he has the helmeted look:
1695007928370.png

1695007976184.png

The collar piece it comes with looks really good if you're using the Tony head sculpt, but if you plan on using the helmeted head it looks a bit weird IMO.
What Rory has from the aftermarket collar piece is what I'm looking after

Back