1/6 Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking the same, plus the negatives aren’t so apparent if you pose it the way 80% of the folks will.. I’m tempted to use the dual cannons with the starfish for maximum firepower on the clean version.
I do really like the dual cannons (From the blogger photos):

1640121890563.jpeg

1640121939600.jpeg

The sword is nice though, too.

1640121980148.jpeg

1640122009050.jpeg

1640122453047.jpeg

Last edited:
That blade's handle is weirdly angled. I know the movies has the short side on top but the way Hot Toys positioned the handle makes it look more natural for the hand to be holding the longer side on top. It's not obvious there but in hand, if the wrist is straight, the weapon will be pointing downwards.

Yeah. Those action shots sold me on this. Glad I kept the pre-order. Although, the skinny legs and large gap under the crotch is still weird.

Yikes, that holo shield is made from the same cheap plastic as the clam shell??? Wow...just wow...

At this point why am I even surprised HT would pull this BS? Luckily I didn't order the special edition, but still...what a crock of s*** for the folks who decided to pay more to buy from SS for a piece of clam shell... :slap

Everythink looks OK so far. Is the mask relatively free from damage because one of the earlier figures had the battle damaged mask as an exclusive or something?
It’s because the “canon” battle-damaged suit had no helmet. That’s why the collar piece shows it being broken off. He’s out of nanites, just like what happened in the Mk50 (otherwise there wouldn’t be battle damage). So there’s no battle damage on the helmet because the helmet didn’t exist by the time he got battle damaged (ie, there’s no VFX asset either). But of course they wouldn’t ship out an IM fig without the helmet.

Yikes, that holo shield is made from the same cheap plastic as the clam shell??? Wow...just wow...

At this point why am I even surprised HT would pull this BS? Luckily I didn't order the special edition, but still...what a crock of s*** for the folks who decided to pay more to buy from SS for a piece of clam shell... :slap
The special edition and regular cost the same.

I think the main issue is the showroom glossiness. It's harder to see in the abdomen area on the screen grab, but if you look at the chest area, you can see more dirt/grime over the armor. There's a jarring difference when a section of the suit is covered in grime and battle damaged and another section right next to it looks like it just came off the showroom floor. The super candy red glossiness is default Hot Toys iron man paint, but they could have toned it down a bit on this one.
Exactly, it's just the glossiness and complete change from top torso piece to bottom torso piece. I mean
It looks great

Love that guys intros with the music and graphics. Totally different !!

I still prefer the prototpe headscultp. Current HS resembles too much to the first HD whitch comes with clean MK85

comp.jpg

credit goes to: Wiki Figure from youtube

I just got told that he doesn't come with a sword gripping hand. What you see there is the articulated hand holding the sword.

This turned out excellent. I’m very excited to get my hands on it.

Headsculpt is BARELY a downgrade from the proto which is super rare. From some angles I actually like it better.

Damage on the shoulders is a bit soft but everywhere else looks great.

The gold looks thankfully more muted than the clean 85, and I like that the red is shiny because it’ll help this stick out even more amongst my other two Iron Men.

The special edition and regular cost the same.
True...but it costs more to purchase from SS in general with their inflated shipping prices + tax. If you are able to purchase from a local mom and pop store most of the time you can avoid taxes and possibly shipping. So in the end it'll cost you more to buy from SS.

True...but it costs more to purchase from SS in general with their inflated shipping prices + tax. If you are able to purchase from a local mom and pop store most of the time you can avoid taxes and possibly shipping. So in the end it'll cost you more to buy from SS.
After the reviews on the neon tech 4.0 came out and it was pointed out that the holoshield on it was that of a plastic film/container, I knew it would be the same for this figure.

After the reviews on the neon tech 4.0 came out and it was pointed out that the holoshield on it was that of a plastic film/container, I knew it would be the same for this figure.
In light of that, looks like ToysBuyingAgent has pre-orders up for the regular version without the shield for about $400 shipped.

Back