1/6 Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A coupe of weeks ago I was checking the status of my order to find that I had to reaffirm that I wanted to keep the preorder, otherwise it would be cancelled!

I've paid in full (apart from shipping). If I wanted to cancel I would do, I wouldn't expect a company to cancel a long awaited preorder without warning, no email, nothing.
This is after getting an email early February that my item was processing soon and was shipping in 10 days.

This is my first Sideshow purchase and probably my last.

A coupe of weeks ago I was checking the status of my order to find that I had to reaffirm that I wanted to keep the preorder, otherwise it would be cancelled!

I've paid in full (apart from shipping). If I wanted to cancel I would do, I wouldn't expect a company to cancel a long awaited preorder without warning, no email, nothing.
This is after getting an email early February that my item was processing soon and was shipping in 10 days.

This is my first Sideshow purchase and probably my last.
R.gif
don't be too disappointed. sometimes this happens

That check box to keep your order is a recent policy change prompted by a new law, I believe. They did send out an email to everyone on their mailing list about it a couple of months ago.

I’ve consistently messaged Sideshow Customer Support once a week to get some type of update and get the same regurgitated response. I truly understand the congestion at the docks is beyond their control but I think they should give some kind of goodwill offering such as free Overnight shipping (when they actually get stock) or Rewards Points. It would just go a long way for transparency and customer consideration. Who knows how long the congestion will last and how many customers they might lose.

I’ve consistently messaged Sideshow Customer Support once a week to get some type of update and get the same regurgitated response. I truly understand the congestion at the docks is beyond their control but I think they should give some kind of goodwill offering such as free Overnight shipping (when they actually get stock) or Rewards Points. It would just go a long way for transparency and customer consideration. Who knows how long the congestion will last and how many customers they might lose.
Agreed. I know it's not their fault, but their refusal to either communicate proactively OR offer any kind of make-good just seems like bad business.

If its not their fault, why would they be obligated to give anything?

The issue, as someone mentioned half-way, is port congestion...

Sideshow can only do so much here and port congestion isnt exactly a niche subject as it once was pre-pandemic.

You gotta be living under a rock to not be aware of it.

Its like your grocery store not having in-stock as of yet, your favorite pasta sauce because of supply chain backlog.

Why the hell would they give you discounts? Not to mention, I dont get any pro-active messages from them saying its delayed yadda yadda. Even other e-tailers like Timewalker Toys dont give out pro-active messages.

If its not their fault, why would they be obligated to give anything?

The issue, as someone mentioned half-way, is port congestion...

Sideshow can only do so much here and port congestion isnt exactly a niche subject as it once was pre-pandemic.

You gotta be living under a rock to not be aware of it.
We're all aware of it. And, no, of course they're not "obligated" to do anything. Doesn't mean it wouldn't make good business sense to actually try and do something proactively.

We're all aware of it. And, no, of course they're not "obligated" to do anything. Doesn't mean it wouldn't make good business sense to actually try and do something proactively.

Yeah I agree with you on that. I have a personal relationship with my barber so they always update me whether theyre available or not.

Unfortunately, with a medium-sized business like Sideshow, that customer touch just isnt do-able with the scale of sale they are doing.

Hell, even Timewalker Toys can't do it and they just redirect me to the collectible's web page to get up to date release dates.

God, I love that Tony Stark head sculpt because that is how my face looks minutes after I tell my wife that I have ordered yet another Hot Toys figure.

Final payment officially moved to May. Original order was August 2019. I think they’re shooting for the even three year mark….and even that is no guarantee. Frustration.

Mine shipped yesterday. :oops:
Good to hear. You ordered from Sideshow, yes? Would you mind telling the class when you placed your order. I’m just trying to gauge when my order might get attention.

I think for large order figures such as this one, I think it might help for Sideshow to state what batch people’s order are in.

Back