1/6 Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The clean 85 had the headsculpt issue and the botched shoulders. What was wrong with the 50?
Thigh gap and some other points of separation like the upper chest make it look like an enlarged SH Figuarts from certain angles. And the fact that Hot Toys made an infinity supply, plus and Dr. Strange figure. And the bright red paint instead of something darker which makes it look cheaper. It’s a running gag of a figure at this point. At least compared to something like the Mark 7 or 85.

What’s the 85 shoulder issue? Didn’t hear about that.

Whether it was accidental or not they changed them from the proto.

133048869_10159209415620979_4754408070030801308_n.jpg

Damn. Not sure what to do with this info. Mine has one more payment before being paid off. I had hoped HT would have put their all into this. Guess I’ll wait for in hand pics before canceling. Sculpt does look good. I do wish they’d put a separate neck collar with out so much damage for when the helmet is on

Feeling pretty conflicted about keeping my order for this or not. (I'll probably wait for some more pictures to be sure)
on one hand - head sculpt is good, I still like that this version comes with the Infinity Stark glove arm, and I don't own an Iron Man and would like one for my collection.
However that battle damage, whether its the paint, the transfer from a plastic prototype to a metal production piece, a change of mold etc. looks cheap and lazy and considering how incredibly expensive this figure is that is a major problem - especially when it is the main selling point of the figure. I have grown quite tired of Hot Toy's corner cutting in recent years and would hate to support a release, especially one as important as this one, that they have clearly half-assed when I can put the funds I have sunk into this into other figures or statues.

If I was to cancel this figure, I would ideally need another Iron Man to fill the void - can I ask for people's opinions on which is the best Iron man figure to represent the character (if you could only have one)?

Feeling pretty conflicted about keeping my order for this or not. (I'll probably wait for some more pictures to be sure)
on one hand - head sculpt is good, I still like that this version comes with the Infinity Stark glove arm, and I don't own an Iron Man and would like one for my collection.
However that battle damage, whether its the paint, the transfer from a plastic prototype to a metal production piece, a change of mold etc. looks cheap and lazy and considering how incredibly expensive this figure is that is a major problem - especially when it is the main selling point of the figure. I have grown quite tired of Hot Toy's corner cutting in recent years and would hate to support a release, especially one as important as this one, that they have clearly half-assed when I can put the funds I have sunk into this into other figures or statues.

If I was to cancel this figure, I would ideally need another Iron Man to fill the void - can I ask for people's opinions on which is the best Iron man figure to represent the character (if you could only have one)?
I have the Mk46. It was my single representation of Iron Man as it's pretty much in the middle of old school and nanotech. Plus aesthetically I liked it the most.

edit to Centrocal's post : Mk46 is also die cast and heavy as ! Has a great headsculpt and shoulder pads don't fall off :p

My original plan was to have Mk1, Mk46 and Battle Damaged Mk85 as my small lineup of Ironman Armour. But Mk1 has been brought to my attention as out of scale compared to the others, and now this with the Mk85. I'm considering just leaving it as the Mk46 (and Hulkbuster) at this point, and save my money for other stuff.

But in the end it's of course up to you which you like the most. Maybe you have read comics and the lower Mk's are more classic to you ?

By the way if that guy on FB get's his way, maybe they'll re-release the Mk46 :)

Last edited:
Diecast Mark 7 is the best Iron man they made. Their highest quality piece. :lecture Sometime when you get a figure, you question if it was worth the price. When you pick that thing up and you feel the weight of it, its like a machined piece of art. You can feel the work that went into it. Lots of intricate details moving parts. Plus its got a bunch of accessories. All its missing is a Tony sculpt.

Only problem is those damn shoulder pads falling off.

Mark 7 for sure. It’s simply amazing

The only thing I really mind is the smooth shoulder parts in the middle of a battle damaged shoulder.

I'm going to hold onto my order for now, might even let it arrive and see it in hand. If I don't like it, I can return it. Might be out return shipping but I'll eat that to be sure with this one. Unless the in-hand pictures are still awful...

I have the Mk46. It was my single representation of Iron Man as it's pretty much in the middle of old school and nanotech. Plus aesthetically I liked it the most.

edit to Centrocal's post : Mk46 is also die cast and heavy as ! Has a great headsculpt and shoulder pads don't fall off :p

My original plan was to have Mk1, Mk46 and Battle Damaged Mk85 as my small lineup of Ironman Armour. But Mk1 has been brought to my attention as out of scale compared to the others, and now this with the Mk85. I'm considering just leaving it as the Mk46 (and Hulkbuster) at this point, and save my money for other stuff.

But in the end it's of course up to you which you like the most. Maybe you have read comics and the lower Mk's are more classic to you ?

By the way if that guy on FB get's his way, maybe they'll re-release the Mk46 :)
Haha yeah that guy that keeps posting mark 46 on every hot toy post on facebook is funny
mark 85 battle damage is also my first hot toys iron man but i think i'll still keep my order. headsculpt is great and the only thing soured me a little is the weak battle damage compared to prototype pics in 2019
but if i were to cancel this then im waiting for a mark 46 re-issue too

That looks crap, it looks artificial and not like actual battle damage at all, gonna be that "fOr tHE pRiCe" guy but that's unacceptable.

I'd honestly wait to see the actual final photos. If you don't compare it to the previous photos it's not that bad, but for HT to remove the figure completely, means they will probably work on it more... which is a good thing. Maybe we will get an announcement or something that has to deal with that.

At least this has actual battle damage on it, unlike the Avengers Endgame ''battle damaged'' Thanos.........:banghead

I'd honestly wait to see the actual final photos. If you don't compare it to the previous photos it's not that bad, but for HT to remove the figure completely, means they will probably work on it more... which is a good thing. Maybe we will get an announcement or something that has to deal with that.
Like they did with the head sculpt for the clean LXXXV.......:)

Back