1/6 Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoying your little chats blind men? You are the ones on crack if you think that thing is acceptable for a likeness to RDJ compared to this.
IMG_20200209_120835.jpg

Enjoying your little chats blind men? You are the ones on crack if you think that thing is acceptable for a likeness to RDJ compared to this.
View attachment 478257

Light and angle are most likely playing a part too in those shots even though I don't see any problem. If anything, I think the messy hair from the snap scene didn't translate so well into the BD version. Also, the hair color is too light while the standard version got it right (if you don't mind the grizzled white that both versions lack).

The one on the right looks perfect for that last scene. Makes me want this battle damage version too. The one on the left is okay (looks like RDJ to me), but the newer, better sculpt is selling me on owning both versions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sculpts are from 2 different sculptors. Kojun has been the go to guy for Stark for 10 years. They finally handed duties to GOX (Eom Jae Sung) and he gets it right on his first attempt.

The sculpts are from 2 different sculptors. Kojun has been the go to guy for Stark for 10 years. They finally handed duties to GOX (Eom Jae Sung) and he gets it right on his first attempt.

Hopefully they give GOX a shot at ledger joker next then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whether or not its as good as the BD one doesn't mean that it's still not absolutely positively RDJ.

I'm new to hot toys iron man but the battle-damaged mark 85 definitely has the better RDJ sculpt, not to knock the clean version off they're both very good still.

I'm new to hot toys iron man but the battle-damaged mark 85 definitely has the better RDJ sculpt, not to knock the clean version off they're both very good still.

I'm good with the Battle Damaged head sculpt being superior as I'll display it with the Tony sculpt and the clean version fully helmeted anyway...

The thing with the BD version, it’s very scene specific. Only can use it for the “snap.” It’s not as versatile as the normal one. The BD sculpt would have to be good because he doesn’t wear the helmet during the snap. However the normal one, while I want a good sculpt as well, I don’t display my IM figures with helmet on.

The thing with the BD version, it?s very scene specific. Only can use it for the ?snap.? It?s not as versatile as the normal one. The BD sculpt would have to be good because he doesn?t wear the helmet during the snap. However the normal one, while I want a good sculpt as well, I don?t display my IM figures with helmet on.

Good point. A botched sculpt would kind of ruin the entire point of this figure.

The thing with the BD version, it?s very scene specific. Only can use it for the ?snap.? It?s not as versatile as the normal one. The BD sculpt would have to be good because he doesn?t wear the helmet during the snap. However the normal one, while I want a good sculpt as well, I don?t display my IM figures with helmet on.

I really hope HT won't use that as an excuse to go soft on the regular sculpt as supposed to the BD one. Both should be the same quality because some people will have to choose between the two and a good part of them will go for the regular.

I really hope HT won't use that as an excuse to go soft on the regular sculpt as supposed to the BD one. Both should be the same quality because some people will have to choose between the two and a good part of them will go for the regular.

If you look at the protos for each, the sculpts are different. I am assuming they'll be different production sculpts as well. The battle damaged one is superior to the clean version but neither is what I would call soft. I think they're both good sculpts, the BD one is just exceptional in my opinion.

If you look at the protos for each, the sculpts are different. I am assuming they'll be different production sculpts as well. The battle damaged one is superior to the clean version but neither is what I would call soft. I think they're both good sculpts, the BD one is just exceptional in my opinion.

Agreed. Between the two, I’d say the BD figure is superior because of what looks to be a near perfect sculpt and the detail that based on the proto, looks to be going into that figure. Though like any BD figure, the BD Mk85 is pretty scene specific and not very versatile, so it makes sense to only get it if you know exactly you want that end scene represented. The clean version is a bit more versatile in the sense that it can be used as a regular Iron Man figure and can also pass in a pose from the final scene, being that he includes a Nano gauntlet with the stones; albeit not BD, but as I said, it’d still be passable.

Both though I think will go for a high price on the secondary, the BD being the more sought after of the two.

In regards to my last post, I meant to say I usually display my Iron Man figures with helmet on. So I won?t be using the head sculpt as much. I am hopeful that the clean sculpt will look spot on. One of the zoomed in prototype photos show a perfect sculpt, then again it?s a prototype. Same with the previous pic from J.C.

In regards to my last post, I meant to say I usually display my Iron Man figures with helmet on. So I won?t be using the head sculpt as much. I am hopeful that the clean sculpt will look spot on. One of the zoomed in prototype photos show a perfect sculpt, then again it?s a prototype. Same with the previous pic from J.C.

Yes, I am aware. I was just thinking about it as a "what if" because you made a good point.

I can't even find the thread for the clean version of the 85 but that should be dropping in Hong Kong any day now i would think. Sideshow still has it listed as shipping in Aug-Sept.

Back