Avatar The Last Airbender (Netflix Live Action) 2024

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Korra should have been 12 episodes looking back. It just wasn’t it. I also don’t like how they kinda forced her to be bisexual with that one other girl character. There really were no hints to that and all of sudden in season 4 she starts crushing hard on asami. Idk it came out of nowhere. She barely really had any interactions with her besides seeing her as competition.
Also I think the creators kinda don’t know what they wanna do with the universe

Yeah, this is gonna most likely suck...

Here's a 10 min vid explaining why that might be. This young woman is smart well beyond her years. I've been a fan for awhile. She speaks truths...

Here's a 10 min vid explaining why that might be. This young woman is smart well beyond her years. I've been a fan for awhile. She speaks truths...

Yeah I just can’t take these kinds of people seriously. Her fourth word in the entire video is “woke”, and then she goes onto call Twitter “X” which is even worse.

This kind of youtuber just lives to stir up controversy.

Turned it off after she couldn’t go 4 words without saying “woke” lmao. She also called Twitter “X” which is even worse.

These people live to stir up controversy.
Then you completely missed the whole point of what she talks about. It's about why stories and characters today are so bad.

You can't be objective when you have trigger words that bother you.

Then you completely missed the whole point of what she talks about. It's about why stories and characters today are so bad.

You can't be objective when you have trigger words that bother you.
The original animated series is one of my favourite shows of all time, but I’ll wait until this is out before I deem it as trash or not - and even if it is the whatever, I’ll just continue rewatching the animated series annually anyway.

Sokka being slightly less sexist and misogynistic isn’t a dealbreaker for me. To be honest it’s a bit heavy handed at the start of the series anyway imo.

Even with that trait toned down he still has plenty of character development to achieve in terms of his maturity and his confidence in himself being a capable non-bender surrounded by powerful benders and learning to step up as a real leader.

At the end of the day it’s an adaptation and I don’t expect it to be 1:1, because they rarely ever are. It’s never gonna replace the animated series.

Awful movies, shows and characters have existed for as long as entertainment has. It’s not a new thing, there’s just more things being made than ever before.

I've seen that woman before- she's done stuff for PragerU (a right-wing propaganda channel). It's hard to take what she says seriously knowing she's associated with that company. There's an entire market on Youtube of negative speculation videos like this. I'll wait until I actually see the show to judge.

This is a much bigger and redder flag to me. The more relaxed and light hearted adventures are definitely needed in a story like this. It can’t all be doom and gloom. Aang and to a lesser extent, the team, are still just kids.

Also giving him some vision is just dumb and generic.

https://nordic.ign.com/avatar-the-l...roducer-interview-this-is-a-remix-not-a-cover
IMG_1980.jpeg

Last edited:
O boy. It’s m night all o er again accept with better bending and accurate actors. If you aren’t gonna do it right then don’t freakin do it!

Finished the first episode… meh. It’s decent but not amazing. It’s longer than the animated series yet somehow feels more rushed.

Same. I’m not amazed so far but it’s better than the m night travesty

I don’t know if I’ll continue watching it tbh, I was kinda bored and just thinking about the animated series the entire time.
And I think that’s what’s causing me to not see it as its own thing. I’m constantly saying “this isn’t how it was in the show. Or they did this better in the past show”

And I think that’s what’s causing me to not see it as its own thing. I’m constantly saying “this isn’t how it was in the show. Or they did this better in the past show”
I tried a couple more episodes. I got to episode 4 and man I was just so bored.

I was never bored watching the animated show, even the “filler” was fun.

Episode 4 is straight up painful to watch because it’s like 3 or 4 episodes from the animated series Frankenstein’d into one and overlapping with locations and story beats changed and rearranged. It’s just diluted and weirdly strung together.

Might try and finish it tomorrow, but honestly I’m not sure if I can.

I can tell the showrunners and people involved in this version actually care about the source material, but it still doesn't entirely work. I like it more than I dislike it, though. To be fair, the first season of the OG show wasn't the best either. If they go forward with Seasons 2 and 3, I think those will work better in live action since they were much more cinematic to begin with.

I can tell the showrunners and people involved in this version actually care about the source material, but it still doesn't entirely work.
They definitely do but this just feels like their own fan fiction. They tried to remix it but I just don’t think it works.
I like it more than I dislike it, though.
I just really don’t. Everything ripped from the animated series is done worse and everything new feels weird. Aang transforming into Kyoshi was absolutely ridiculous.

This version of the show REALLY loves Kyoshi.
To be fair, the first season of the OG show wasn't the best either. If they go forward with Seasons 2 and 3, I think those will work better in live action since they were much more cinematic to begin with.
Don’t really agree personally, love all of the seasons equally.

I dunno, as it stands this really just feels like it didn’t need to be made…

For me the biggest thing ruining this series is the acting. Everyone's performance falls flat. Really flat. Some of the worst acting I've ever seen honestly. It's amazing how a cartoon can offer more genuine emotiveness from its characters than one with actual humans.
It doesn't help that the dialouge is clunky as hell and overly literal. The pacing chugs along like mechanical clockwork. Hitting all the neccessary story beats, but none of it feeling natural.
I'm getting serious Star Wars prequel vibes from this thing.

Last edited:
Yea the acting isn’t that great tbh. I do like how they change some things around tbh

Holy ****, Aang doesn’t even start waterbending training in this season, at all. Not even a mention of starting it.

Book One: Nothing.

Back