Resident Evil | Netflix live action series | 14th July 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know much about Ella Balinska other than she's my new favorite actress lol...:monkey5

freepressjournal_2019-11_40b10482-0d68-4672-b452-6e7965bad461_1211_20191112035219_US_ENTERTAIN...jpg

I'm about 20 minutes into episode one and this already feels like a stinker.

Shaky cam, bad cgi, annoying gen z characters.

I made it to the second episode. This show might be in the running for worst netflix adaptation of all time, not even exaggerating.

I don’t know why it’s so hard to just adapt the story of the games into a movie or series. It seemed like Welcome to Raccoon City might get it right but then that wound up being mostly not good.

I don’t know why it’s so hard to just adapt the story of the games into a movie or series. It seemed like Welcome to Raccoon City might get it right but then that wound up being mostly not good.
Because

I don’t know why it’s so hard to just adapt the story of the games into a movie or series.
It's not hard at all. The story's already been written.

The challenge comes in restraining the egos of the showrunners, writers, and producers who think they know better than the folks who made the game they found compelling enough to adapt in the first place.

This show is so bad it's good and I'm not sorry about it. That action scene in episode 4 is brilliant :lol

I started watching it today. Since I don't have any attachment to Resident Evil I was going to take it on face value as a tale of zombies in a post apocalyptic wasteland.

I was giving the first episode the benefit of the doubt in spite of the iffy looking CGI, but things got silly very fast.

Why was she sitting so close and vulnerable to the horde? Why did the rest of the horde hold back after one of them caught her? If they hadn't it would've been a very short series though. :lol

I suffered a bit more of it, before watching the whole series by jump skipping through to see if anything interesting happened.

Regardless of Resident Evil lore, which I don't know a lot about, it was just a very poor looking show.

I like Lance Reddick but as Wesker? Really? You might as well just create a new character for him. I haven't watched this yet (the trailers looked pretty bad and none of the posts in this thread are making me want to watch this) but I bet Lance is the best thing in it. Don't understand why they just didn't create a new and interesting character for Lance to really make it his own.

I like Lance Reddick but as Wesker? Really? You might as well just create a new character for him. I haven't watched this yet (the trailers looked pretty bad and none of the posts in this thread are making me want to watch this) but I bet Lance is the best thing in it. Don't understand why they just didn't create a new and interesting character for Lance to really make it his own.
He is indeed the best thing in it.

Back