AUGTOYS - 1/6 Dune Action Figures (Licensed)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its odd for a new company to come out of the blue swinging like this without anyone knowing who they are, right?
I thought the 1/6 manufacturing community in China was rather small such that new company names can pop up and put out good figures because it's kind of all the same people. So, AUG might be the legit arm of a well-known manufacturer of unlicensed figures or just a spinoff comprised of people who left another company.

It doesn't look like artist names are on the Paul Atreides box, so you can't cross check the names.

Last edited:
I can only tell that they aren't new company, you know everyone start with 3rd party figure even hot toys so..

🤔 I just wonder... I remember Kit saying they were the licensed division of a previous known brand.

Attachments

• 341481479_1437675803642968_8159892474779212135_n.jpg
    341481479_1437675803642968_8159892474779212135_n.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 341161807_239643188583893_2125869306504722802_n.jpg
    341161807_239643188583893_2125869306504722802_n.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 0
Yeah while Dune probably sits towards my least favorite of Villeneuve’s work, I really liked this design and I definitely like Chalamet as an actor. Those alone are enough to get me on board with the new Paul.
The still suit looks surprisingly good while also being well articulated and that head sculpt? The formal version was pretty decent but this one blows it away, no comparison. Whoever AUG Toys is, I hope they jump on some good licenses in the future.

I want to watch this trailer because I loved the first movie, but I’m thinking I don’t want any of the visuals spoiled either. Feel like this movie deserves IMAX for my first viewing.

As for the figures. I want to order this new Paul. Still hoping to see what Inart does, but this figure looks amazing.

InArt should really stop wasting their time with the snyderverse stuff and focus on the Paul they announced over a year ago now.

This Aug figure looks really cool, but I need to see the InArt before I commit.

Sales would say otherwise.

As someone pointed out above, this movie really is an acquired taste.

As a viewer, I seem to have a wide tolerance range - from superficial chick flicks to slow grinding cinematic masterpieces that are not universally appreciated - and Villeneuve's Dune is definitely a visual and visceral masterpiece. I feel the actors are intentionally being stoic so as to express and convey the grim and harsh political landscape they're in. However, I do understand why some folks just couldn't get into it or lost interest midway through due to the slow build-up.

I've never been exposed to any Dune property, however, I loved Villeneuve's first part and will certainly watch the second half in a cinema come November. If budget allows, may also pick up the Augtoys figure!

What sales? InArt haven’t put any Snyder stuff up yet. Can’t imagine Mera on their list will get big numbers.

It doesn’t matter. Hate to break it to you but Batman and Superman are more popular than Dune. It’s not even close.

That figure is delicious. Quite shocking after the dreadful first release but this is an immediate preorder. I’m sure InArt will come
out with something beautiful but I’ve got to tell myself over and over that spending £800 on a toy should be a one off novelty, not a hobby. For me at least. I’ve spent so much and my collection is still modest. Therefore a £150 figure will be more than enough to represent Dune in my office.

It doesn’t matter. Hate to break it to you but Batman and Superman are more popular than Dune. It’s not even close.
No longer Batman and no longer Superman, maybe, Battinson will outsell Batfleck though. There’ll always be new iterations of them and the old versions will be outdated, at least Dune will last a very long time.

If they have to churn out the defunct property to make money for the interesting stuff then so be it.
That’s pretty much how this business works.
Gotta maximise profit by producing whatever sells best- irrespective of how you personally feel about it- in order to fund the more niche projects.

No longer Batman and no longer Superman, maybe, Battinson will outsell Batfleck though. There’ll always be new iterations of them and the old versions will be outdated, at least Dune will last a very long time.
Strange comment. Yes, those characters are constantly being reinvented and reimagined, yet the new still doesn’t inherently diminish what came before.
Keaton as Batman is still no less beloved or icon now than he was in 1989. If anything, more people love him than ever. Miller’s The Dark Knight Rises is also as influential today as it was in the 80’s.
Batman and Superman are evergreen and only the tone of their movies/shows become outdated such as the campy 60s Batman show or Schumacher’s movies.

What data are you consulting to assert that Battinson will outsell Batfleck or even that this iteration of Dune will be enduring?

The BVS Batsuit is a very popular look and every suit that has followed (within that universe) has only made it look even better in comparison.

InArt are the type of company that would actually share their sales numbers if asked so maybe someday we’ll know.

That figure is delicious. Quite shocking after the dreadful first release but this is an immediate preorder. I’m sure InArt will come
out with something beautiful but I’ve got to tell myself over and over that spending £800 on a toy should be a one off novelty, not a hobby. For me at least. I’ve spent so much and my collection is still modest. Therefore a £150 figure will be more than enough to represent Dune in my office.
Dreadful? Really? I would say for a first releases under this brand the first Paul is a pretty damn nice figure considering the price. Room for improvement sure but still a solid effort.

AUG is not a new company, it's already good enough at least they got the license, but the new item's price seems expensive than the first 2 items.

Back