AUGTOYS - 1/6 Dune Action Figures (Licensed)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wOW that sculpt is amazing....
Those who are into DUNE are getting a treat I'd say.

I had a response to this earlier, but I had trouble wording it so it didn't sound offensive. :lol

The paraphrased version is that I thought the film was so bland and soporific that anyone who made it to the end deserved a treat. :monkey3

:chase

I keep meaning to watch it again.

The figures do look good so far, though I have no interest in them. I only update this thread because I have history with it, having created it before seeing the film.

Plus, someone was adamant early on that AUGTOYS was probably Molecule8 under a new name; the Dune figures would take four years to release, and would look worse than anything from Star Ace or Sideshow. So it's been good to see that this 'new' and mistrusted company actually came through.

I had a response to this earlier, but I had trouble wording it so it didn't sound offensive. :lol

The paraphrased version is that I thought the film was so bland and soporific that anyone who made it to the end deserved a treat. :monkey3

:chase

I keep meaning to watch it again.

The figures do look good so far, though I have no interest in them. I only update this thread because I have history with it, having created it before seeing the film.

Plus, someone was adamant early on that AUGTOYS was probably Molecule8 under a new name; the Dune figures would take four years to release, and would look worse than anything from Star Ace or Sideshow. So it's been good to see that this 'new' and mistrusted company actually came through.
I thought the movie was visually stunning.... but perhaps not my cup of tea, which is odd as I love sci-fi but it just took a bit of a while getting anywhere for my tastes.
But like I said, these figures look a right treat for those into that universe, it has great visuals and these figures, purely on an aesthetic level, are really lovely.

I thought the movie was visually stunning.... but perhaps not my cup of tea, which is odd as I love sci-fi but it just took a bit of a while getting anywhere for my tastes.
But like I said, these figures look a right treat for those into that universe, it has great visuals and these figures, purely on an aesthetic level, are really lovely.

It was a strange film. It had the visuals, but I didn't find the characters very engaging. Didn't help that I kept nodding off.

I want to watch it again to give it a proper appraisal, but never feel the inclination to do so.

The wacky David Lynch version was more vibrant, though I don't have the inclination to watch that one again either.

It was a strange film. It had the visuals, but I didn't find the characters very engaging. Didn't help that I kept nodding off.

I want to watch it again to give it a proper appraisal, but never feel the inclination to do so.

The wacky David Lynch version was more vibrant, though I don't have the inclination to watch that one again either.
Yeah, the characters are very stoic, which makes them hard to relate to.
That plus the rather grim (and complicated) universe, slow pace, grandiosity and philosophical focus makes it a bit of an acquired taste.
I can honestly say I thought it was alright, but I want to like it more than I did if that makes sense?

Part 2 looks like a proper war movie so hopefully it'll jazz things up.

I love Part 1 but I get why people find it slow, it's Villeneuve's style.

Slow can be engaging too, like Tarkovsky's Stalker which I love because it left a lasting impression after stumbling on it late one night on TV many years ago.

Or Villeneuve's Blade Runner 2049, which is a majestic journey aided by its soundtrack.

Dune felt more impenetrable.

Yeah, the characters are very stoic, which makes them hard to relate to.
That plus the rather grim (and complicated) universe, slow pace, grandiosity and philosophical focus makes it a bit of an acquired taste.
I can honestly say I thought it was alright, but I want to like it more than I did if that makes sense?

The last sentence is Ghostbusters for me. I've always wanted to like it more. It had the characters and the situations, but something's missing. I don't know what it is. It didn't stop me getting Blitzway's 1/6 figures, but when I look at them I don't think of the film, but of other possible spooky adventures.

Don't forget it was only half the story. The film can't be fully appreciated until Part 2 completes it. If Villeneuve doesn't stick the landing, I might not be ordering as many of these figures as I think I will.

If Villeneuve doesn't stick the landing, I might not be ordering as many of these figures as I think I will.
Of all active filmmakers, he is probably the one I have most confidence in giving us consistently great films. Even the Coens, Cronenberg, Spielberg, and Lynch have had missteps, but every Villeneuve film I've seen has been very, very good.

I wanted to like Dune a lot but I too was nodding off and on in the theater. My fiancée and I went to a late showing and she had to explain some parts to me. :lol

I’m normally good about staying awake. Not sure if I was just tired that night or if the movie wasn’t holding my interest. I should really revisit it though.

Of all active filmmakers, he is probably the one I have most confidence in giving us consistently great films. Even the Coens, Cronenberg, Spielberg, and Lynch have had missteps, but every Villeneuve film I've seen has been very, very good.
I agree. Love all his films so far. Exciting to hear he might be doing Arthur C Clarke's Rendezvous with Rama next.

I wanted to like Dune a lot but I too was nodding off and on in the theater. My fiancée and I went to a late showing and she had to explain some parts to me. :lol

I’m normally good about staying awake. Not sure if I was just tired that night or if the movie wasn’t holding my interest. I should really revisit it though.
Speaking of Villeneuve, that's another factor to consider. I think you have to be in the right mindset, and to have the proper level of alertness to appreciate what he does. But that's the case with many artists. I'm not always capable of listening to a Bill Evans album or watching a Bergman or Kubrick film all the way through for example, but when I can it is an enriching experience.

Watched Dune on the theaters, and didn't like it at first and struggled to understand the plot, pace, etc.

Then a close friend convinced me to read the book last summer, and wow, it became one of my favorite scifi books easily. After that, the second watch of the movie was a huge pleasure....loved every second of it, a masterpiece of adaptation from Dennis Villeneuve!

Don't forget it was only half the story. The film can't be fully appreciated until Part 2 completes it. If Villeneuve doesn't stick the landing, I might not be ordering as many of these figures as I think I will.
This is why I’m expecting to really appreciate the story once part II is out.

I’m looking at it like House of the Dragon, which started very slowly and really took the time to establish the world, the families and the political situation, lay out the character’s motivations, flaws, inner turmoil etc. That was all utterly essential viewing required to fully all the actions appreciate everything the followed.

I also made the mistake of first watching it at home with my mate who- let’s just say - isn’t one for a slow pace or depth in his entertainment. His lack of attention also took me away from focusing on what was happening.

This is a story I actually want to like and these are figures I want to want for whatever reason. They just look cool.

I’ve skipped GOTG 3 and it doesn’t look like I’m gonna drag myself to see The Flash or Indy 5 but I can see myself enduring the theatre experience for the visual feast of Dune 2.

Back