Asmus Toys Tauriel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aloha,

new here. Just seeing for any updates on the redesign. is it confirmed they are doing a brand new head sculpt (or is this a rumor)? I think the model that Travis got is a good start, but i see serious potential for this having a high likeness to Tauriel and the talented (and sexy :yess:)Evangeline who plays her. I personally like the mixed hair (but i noticed some of the roots look better than others. eg Travis' Tauriel's side hair looks more softer and flows smoothly whereas cillafcollector's Tauriel's side hair looks a little stiff) but the type of hair is individual and I wouldn't mind it either way. Anywho, look foward to hearing more about the progress as I really want this for my collection, not just as a Middle Earth fan, but I have a crush on Tauriel srs :monkey4

Peace

aloha,

new here. Just seeing for any updates on the redesign. is it confirmed they are doing a brand new head sculpt (or is this a rumor)? I think the model that Travis got is a good start, but i see serious potential for this having a high likeness to Tauriel and the talented (and sexy :yess:)Evangeline who plays her. I personally like the mixed hair (but i noticed some of the roots look better than others. eg Travis' Tauriel's side hair looks more softer and flows smoothly whereas cillafcollector's Tauriel's side hair looks a little stiff) but the type of hair is individual and I wouldn't mind it either way. Anywho, look foward to hearing more about the progress as I really want this for my collection, not just as a Middle Earth fan, but I have a crush on Tauriel srs :monkey4

Peace

Welcome!

Most of us are still patiently waiting to hear back from Asmus regarding the new/replacement headsculpt. I believe a collector (who has communication with Asmus) and even Asmus themselves posted earlier that it was in the works - but no timetable.

I felt the Hobbit movies didn't live up the original LOTR trilogy but Tauriel was enough reason for me to pick up the figure. Like you, Evangeline Lilly is like a celebrity crush.

I was so disappointed in the likeness after unboxing the figure back in December, that I haven't bothered attaching the accessories or displaying her. I would remain cautiously optimistic for the replacement. But we'll probably have to wait a couple years for Hot Toys to produce a really good Evangeline Lilly sculpt (Ant-Man and the Wasp).

I am one who is still waiting to get Tauriel. I know that I will be getting an improved head, but I don't believe Asmus said that it would be a redesign. I think they are making sure there is no warping when they pull the heads from the mold and trying for an improved paint job. If there is a new head sculpt being considered, it would probably come at a later date.

Yeah, that's the impression I got. That they were going to fix the deformation and painting issues, not redesign the whole head.

Which would be fine with me. I think the original sculpt looks fine. (As long as the eyeliner isn't too dark.)

But I could be wrong, of course. I often am!

Aloha and sorry for late response

Welcome!

Most of us are still patiently waiting to hear back from Asmus regarding the new/replacement headsculpt. I believe a collector (who has communication with Asmus) and even Asmus themselves posted earlier that it was in the works - but no timetable.

I felt the Hobbit movies didn't live up the original LOTR trilogy but Tauriel was enough reason for me to pick up the figure. Like you, Evangeline Lilly is like a celebrity crush.

I was so disappointed in the likeness after unboxing the figure back in December, that I haven't bothered attaching the accessories or displaying her. I would remain cautiously optimistic for the replacement. But we'll probably have to wait a couple years for Hot Toys to produce a really good Evangeline Lilly sculpt (Ant-Man and the Wasp).
Hopefully they can address our concerns shortly, obviously they are busy but they just need to let us know what the go is and make a lot of people happy and let them know they are working on fixing the arisen issues.

LOTR cannot be beaten, but The Hobbit was still pretty great, and like you said certain characters made it even better

I am one who is still waiting to get Tauriel. I know that I will be getting an improved head, but I don't believe Asmus said that it would be a redesign. I think they are making sure there is no warping when they pull the heads from the mold and trying for an improved paint job. If there is a new head sculpt being considered, it would probably come at a later date.
Please let us know how it turns out when you get yours. Obviously a new head design would be ideal for getting better likeness but if they can get it to the prototype in the 1st post, then that is still very good and i don't think many people would have a problem. We know how good it can be, as Travis has posted pictures of probably the best one and she looks great. if everyone can get a Tauriel just like Travis' Tauriel then the world would be a better place:yess:
Yeah, that's the impression I got. That they were going to fix the deformation and painting issues, not redesign the whole head.

Which would be fine with me. I think the original sculpt looks fine. (As long as the eyeliner isn't too dark.)

But I could be wrong, of course. I often am!

Even just fixing the melting and painting will make a huge difference, and then they should all turn out like the one Travis got, or more like the prototype. Still hoping for a new sculpt tho, but in the meantime I be buying the Weta statue. Also, a friend of mine, is a good wax sculptor and he said he could make a bust of her from say shoulders up. after that it would be relatively easy to scan and 3d print replicas, but i don't know if its legal to do this without asking the owners of the characters, even if no actual profits are made.

peace!

Is there any word on when she'll be shipping out from Sideshow? It still says April/May, and I haven't gotten an email pushing it back again yet. I want to pre-order Gandalf and Grishnákh, but I can't afford to be waiting on more than one pre-order right now, so it'd be great to know when I should expect this.

b7f8ac7d338bf117b407cf9975714971.jpg

Got my Tuariel. Bought one off eBay. Certain angles catchy a decent likeness to the character but I definitely don't think mine was the worse of the lot. The beef with the sculpt is that it doesn't capture Tauriel's personality; however, now that these things can be snagged for $130 bucks it's a significantly better bang for the buck.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Is there any word on when she'll be shipping out from Sideshow? It still says April/May, and I haven't gotten an email pushing it back again yet. I want to pre-order Gandalf and Grishnákh, but I can't afford to be waiting on more than one pre-order right now, so it'd be great to know when I should expect this.

Not sure when sideshow will be shipping; however, it sounds like theirs will be shipping with new headsculpts so I imagine it will be worth the wait. I can't wait to see what the reworked sculpts look like coming from sideshow!

Still waiting for mine from Hobbit Shop. I ordered it back in October with an out the door price of $144. That was the only thing keeping me from cancelling when I found it they weren't going to get it for awhile. At that point, there hadn't been any mention of an improved head. Got lucky. Well, we'll see if the wait was worth it.

Had a pretty awesome weekend even though it was pretty much 100 degrees in LA, just cranked the A/C and my wife was occupied with a new season of Orange is the new Black so I had time to mess around with my figures.

Tauriel needs some more love and I really like the figure so I spend some time with her. Sorry for the amount of pictures but there have not been many put up here so I here's a deluge!

20160618_164753_HDR.jpg
20160618_164759.jpg
IMG_4464.jpg
IMG_4470.jpg
20160618_164842.jpg
20160618_165221_HDR.jpg
20160618_165226.jpg
20160618_165233.jpg
20160618_165242_HDR.jpg
20160618_165247.jpg
20160618_165310_HDR.jpg
IMG_4471.jpg

Oh yeah, there is more... here she is with that heavy sword.. I don't even remember this weapon from the movies.. probably a good excuse to revisit.

20160618_170315.jpg
20160618_170325.jpg
20160618_170331.jpg
20160618_170345.jpg

Isn't it about time we see some of the figures with the improved sculpt showing up? Still waiting for mine.

This is the first time I posed her with here twin daggers. I really like this look. The bow is pretty awesome too but I had a lot of fun with these:

20160619_114207_HDR.jpg
20160619_114212.jpg
20160619_114219_HDR.jpg
20160619_114223.jpg
20160619_114238.jpg
20160619_114246.jpg
20160619_114348.jpg
20160619_114432.jpg
20160619_114443.jpg
20160619_114448.jpg

Isn't it about time we see some of the figures with the improved sculpt showing up? Still waiting for mine.

I think the sculpt is pretty good. I feel bad for those that had defective ones but I think the wait is more for properly duplicated heads. They never said they were doing an actual resculpt.

If they do actually do a resculpt and it improves I will probably buy a second as I think this is a great figure but I have no issues with the sculpt I got.

I think the sculpt is pretty good. I feel bad for those that had defective ones but I think the wait is more for properly duplicated heads. They never said they were doing an actual resculpt.

If they do actually do a resculpt and it improves I will probably buy a second as I think this is a great figure but I have no issues with the sculpt I got.

Yeah, I didn't say re-sculpt, just improved, whether that just means no warping or additionally, better paint app.

Back